• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Let's talk about Big East footBULL schedules

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

... The 1AA, 2 non bcs, 2 bcs formula is a solid one that will lead to success.

And it's reasonable ...

It is tough for us to schedule the "bigger name" teams that will travel here. Winning the Big East and a "name" team on the road will allow us a better opportunity to get home & away games that we have stated will be our path.

This "weak" sheduling over the years has built a strong young program. And just imagine the possible perspective of the national press if we didn't have road games with Penn St and Miami in 2005. I don't think these games helped us for our first Bowl game. If they would have been non-bcs school, we may of had a better bowl with a 8-5 record. But I'm glad we had both of those teams that year, but don't think it "helped" us at all.

While I agree playing those games and losing hurt our bowl chances. I think those games did wonders for our players, teaching them how to play in those tough venues! Hopefully it will pay off this year when they are greeted in Auburn by that crowd.

bulls had a pedestrian #62 SOS last year. that doesnt get much accolades or respect

• Content Count:  827
  • Days Won:  0

And it's reasonable ...

It is tough for us to schedule the "bigger name" teams that will travel here. Winning the Big East and a "name" team on the road will allow us a better opportunity to get home & away games that we have stated will be our path.

This "weak" sheduling over the years has built a strong young program. And just imagine the possible perspective of the national press if we didn't have road games with Penn St and Miami in 2005. I don't think these games helped us for our first Bowl game. If they would have been non-bcs school, we may of had a better bowl with a 8-5 record. But I'm glad we had both of those teams that year, but don't think it "helped" us at all.

While I agree playing those games and losing hurt our bowl chances. I think those games did wonders for our players, teaching them how to play in those tough venues! Hopefully it will pay off this year when they are greeted in Auburn by that crowd.

bulls had a pedestrian #62 SOS last year. that doesnt get much accolades or respect

Once again you don't know your head from a hole in the ground. How do you say that when almost every publication so far this year has us preseason ranked in the top 30 and a few top 25. I think that our upcoming schedules are more than enough to garner accolades and respect. You are out of your mind if you think every single non conference game should be against a Top 5 school!

Wake up!

• Content Count:  928

And it's reasonable ...

"

usf needs to hit the raod and play the big boys

shying away from them will not help program

playing elons of the world isnt good for program

We play at Auburn on Sept. 8th

"Be there or be smazza..."

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

I think smaz was at the Bama game a few years ago.

He might show for this.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,666
  • Days Won:  29

Anyone know if we are a HomeComing team for anybody in 2007 ?

Know that Rutgers plays a 1AA team.

Go BULLS !!!

• Content Count:  1,803

Uconn really beefed up their OOC schedule lol... at Duke, Maine, Temple, Akron, at Virginia...way to make the Big East proud with SOS guys!...lets just hope they win these games.

• Content Count:  827

I think smaz was at the Bama game a few years ago.

He might show for this.

I seriously doubt it. He is waiting for us to play a "REAL" team!!!!!!!  LMAO!

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

Rocky > War Eagle

• 2 weeks later...

• Content Count:  1,457

Rutgers and Greg are the sleeping giants behind USF and Leavitt.  There will be long/hard battles fought in the decades to come between Rutgers and USF - slug fests!

Archived