• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Ga. St. considering football look at USF & UCF

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,276
  • Days Won:  0

If I was to sign a 2 for 1, I'd do it with elite level teams, not mid-major quality.  Michigan - yes, South Florida - no.

dittos here...

as for USF averaging 40k.. I doubt it ... my guess will be 37k.. with at least 5k.. fans disguised as empty seats.

USF will probably set an average announced attendance record this year because of the teams they play on their home schedule.

Having 3 teams that TRAVEL (WVU, UL, and UCF) will be a HUGE boost to their numbers.

Only team UCF can rely on for bringing an away crowd this year is Texas.

If you don't normally come close to selling out for any of your games like USF...getting teams that travel WELL...ALL 3 during the same season...will be a big boost to attendance numbers.

Last year...USF didn't benefit from the above 3...and that's why their actual attendance dropped to just over 24,000 per game...not many visiting fans showing up.

Heck...even USF students didn't bother as a whole to show up for games last year either...as their attendance average took a big hit last year vs 2005

USF Student Attendance:

2005 - 7,527

2006 - 4,773

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

If I was to sign a 2 for 1, I'd do it with elite level teams, not mid-major quality.  Michigan - yes, South Florida - no.

How many "mid majors" are in the SI pre-season top 25???  USF is...

No 2 for 1s, series ends.  Woolard and Leavitt aren't going to do one for ones with non bcs teams.  See FIU/FAU.

We don't care, we want it to end anyway.

No matter how much OLeary cries and begs for it to continue.  

dittos here...

as for USF averaging 40k.. I doubt it ... my guess will be 37k.. with at least 5k.. fans disguised as empty seats.

USF will probably set an average announced attendance record this year because of the teams they play on their home schedule.

Having 3 teams that TRAVEL (WVU, UL, and UCF) will be a HUGE boost to their numbers.

If you don't normally come close to selling out for any of your games like USF...getting teams that travel WELL...ALL 3 during the same season...will be a big boost to attendance numbers.

Last year...USF didn't benefit from the above 3...and that's why their actual attendance dropped to just over 24,000 per game...not many visiting fans showing up.

Heck...even USF students didn't bother as a whole to show up for games last year either...as their attendance average took a big hit last year vs 2005

USF Student Attendance:

2005 - 7,527

2006 - 4,773

KL, I have to give you credit for realizing the obvious, unlike some of your fellow knights.  Why they think we will avg 37k, when we averaged 39k 2 years ago with the same exact schedule and a much worse team is beyond me.  We will have at least 3 games over 40k and a couple near 45K, At least, depending how fast we get out of the gate.  Avg will be around 40-42k, maybe more if we beat Auburn and get out to a fast start.  We drew 45K against WVU 2 yrs ago, and will get that many again.

Funny how you guys like to point out butts in seats, but never do that when talking about your own attendance.  Everyone else uses paid attendance stats.  

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Content Count:  2,276

dittos here...

USF Student Attendance:

2005 - 7,527

2006 - 4,773

KL, I have to give you credit for realizing the obvious, unlike some of your fellow knights.  Why they think we will avg 37k, when we averaged 39k 2 years ago with the same exact schedule and a much worse team is beyond me.  We will have at least 3 games over 40k and a couple near 45K, At least, depending how fast we get out of the gate.  Avg will be around 40-42k, maybe more if we beat Auburn and get out to a fast start.  We drew 45K against WVU 2 yrs ago, and will get that many again.

Glad to help out whenever I can.

I try to be objective on everything...and if I have some data to back up an "opinion", I'll use it.

PS. Just like I'm being objective about UCF's Defense this year...I could careless how big/strong or what year a player is....unless the defensive team can play as an UNIT, they will not be productive.

Now...I must admit...they "should" be better than last year (hard to get much worse)...and it might take 4-5 games for the team to "get it" with their new scheme.

• Content Count:  677

Most dont have u as top 25... though to be honest... I dont think u are a long ways from that... If i were to make a list 1 thru 117 U would be in the top 35 to 40.  Ucf no longer counts backsides either... and our true average last year was at least 2k below what we said... You may end up with 40k  using creative math.... but in terms of actual attendence.. it isnt gonna happen.  

We will do pretty well attendence wise this year ... because of the new stadium.. unless we really tank it.  (which is very possible)  my guess is we go around 6-6... if we do I expect our #s will be over 35k.

• Content Count:  2,239

How many "mid majors" are in the SI pre-season top 25???  USF is...

No 2 for 1s, series ends.  Woolard and Leavitt aren't going to do one for ones with non bcs teams.  See FIU/FAU.

We don't care, we want it to end anyway.

No matter how much OLeary cries and begs for it to continue.  

In 1995, Sports Illustrated predicted the Cleveland Browns to go to the Super Bowl and they went 5-11.  I don't take anything they say too seriously.

• Content Count:  639

2006 SI preseason top 25 had Notre **** at #3 and FSU at #12(what they end up like 45th?)

Those rankings are more like a flip of the coin

Every single preseason poll I have seen so far either have us in the top 25 or in the "others" section that are expected to be top 25 contenders.

• Content Count:  2,239

As TripleB said elsewhere, preseason polls are a joke.

• Content Count:  3,574

As TripleB said elsewhere, preseason polls are a joke.

Preseason polls are a joke.

It's just a sign of respect... add some publicity and some excitement.

That's it.

Archived