• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Home WNIT Games

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  42
  • Days Won:  0

Can someone please tell me about this ridiculous article that I read in the paper today from Brett.  It sayd that we arent going to have a home game because the athletic department didnt tell the sundome to save the dates???  Can someone from athletics please respond to this and dispell this article?  I would hate to believe that our school did something which would prevent us from having a home game.  I am trying to remain positive about this, but that article did waver me a bit.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  1,913
  • Days Won:  2

usf would have had to block out 17 days to reserve the arena for the entire WNIT (and again, most folks had expected the NCAA, rather than WNIT). the tournament often doesn't determine dates or locations until days out. when usf made bids, the only conflict they had was for the second round. unless the wnit allows the game to be played on tuesday, it'll be on the road, either in philly or maryland. and because the third round is likely against virginia, that will likely be on the road as well, just to minimize travel costs ...

it's disappointing for fans not to get a home game, for sure, but i wouldn't put that as a lack of planning on usf's part. barry clements has an inch-thick folder preparing for a WNIT scenario -- it's hard for USF to rope off the sundome and lose 17 days of potential revenue for a scenario that most here would say was unlikely for this postseason. the tournament shifted from a 32-team model to a 48-team format with at least one bid for all 31 conferences, so it's changed the nature of the tournament quite a bit ...

having said that, of the 16 teams that got WNIT bids, 14 were able to accommodate home games. only USF and Missouri remain as TBD ...

• Topic Count:  131
  • Content Count:  3,096
  • Days Won:  1

any chance the Forum could be used as an option, to keep it as close to home as possible?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,471
  • Days Won:  13

any chance the Forum could be used as an option, to keep it as close to home as possible?

so USF should rent out the fourm so 20 people could watch the game?

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Probably not worth the money for a WNIT game. Realistically if 1000 people came out it would be amazing.

USF had looked into the Corral, and I'd asked about playing at UT's arena, but neither are viable options. It'll be the Sun Dome on Tuesday, or on the road. But if you truly believe USF was the best team not in the NCAA tournament, the Bulls have put in bids for the fourth round or anything after that ... playing Virginia at Virginia would be a tough challenge, and the Bulls needed OT to get past St. Joe's at their place already once this season.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,080

Great show of support for Jose and the WBB program.....If I were Jose I be looking for a new school to coach at.

• Topic Count:  502
  • Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

How about the Corral or a local High School? Kind of crappy, but at least they would be local.

• Topic Count:  479
  • Content Count:  1,991

You read the paper Bjonas16 at work? Must be nice to have all that time on your hands