• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Pelphrey Can Speak Now...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  477
  • Days Won:  0

Ill rather have

lowery- southern illinois

Hobbs-Geo. washington

Lutz-Charlotte

This could be the first time in history I agree with something Cubanbull says.

it must be hanukah.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  6

Our last coach took a school to the dance, too...

Actually he only took Western Michigan to the NIT.

Ill rather have

lowery- southern illinois

Hobbs-Geo. washington

Lutz-Charlotte

Lowery is a midwest guy and probably is better suited for the Big 10.  Hobbs might be good.  Lutz I wouldnt want at all.  Sure he had some success early at UNCC but the bloom is off the rose with this guy.  One late season collapse and two losing seasons really send out warning signals to me.  I know Charlotte is a bad fit for the A-10 but I just dont see him being effective here sorry.

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,504
  • Days Won:  43

Joe,

Who gives a **** if he took USA to the dance. They play in the **** SunBelt for crying out loud. Hell, we might as well hire UCF's Kirk Speraw too since he took UCF to the dance not once but twice. USF has plenty of proven coaches that have had BIG EAST experience who want the job. I will take Mike Jarvis over this guy anyday. I will also take a Lappas too on that note. I prefer Travis Ford because he at least has head coaching experience in a better conference than the SUNBELT. Not trying to burst your bubble, but this guy is not the quick fix that USF needs.  Let him work his way up to maybe C-USA before we start going crazy over him.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

I trust Woolard.  If he thinks Pelphrey is the man for the job, that works for me.

• Topic Count:  2,696
  • Content Count:  6,928

I like Pelphrey he plays the Up-tempo style of play and he knows Florida recruiting. Do not put any stock into losing to those crappy teams at the end of the year. He is trying to make chicken soup out of chicken $hit at U South Alabama with the level of talent that he can recruit to Mobile Alabama. If you look at where South Alabama was at before he arrived he has really improved the product......

JMHO.....

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Our last coach took a school to the dance, too...

No he didn't. NIT.

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,504
  • Days Won:  43

I am just not sold on the guy. That is all. The last UF assistant that we had got us nowhere, so forgive me for not being overly excited about the South Alabama coach. The one time that he did get USA in the BIG DANCE is when he got killed in the first round by UF.  There are much more better coaches for the USF job out there right now. We dont have to pluck some SUNBELT coach away is all I am saying.

• Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  549

You guys may be setting yourself up for some serious disappointment.

Amen to that.

"Quick fix" my arse.  It ain't happening.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Joe,

Who gives a **** if he took USA to the dance. They play in the **** SunBelt for crying out loud. Hell, we might as well hire UCF's Kirk Speraw too since he took UCF to the dance not once but twice. USF has plenty of proven coaches that have had BIG EAST experience who want the job. I will take Mike Jarvis over this guy anyday. I will also take a Lappas too on that note. I prefer Travis Ford because he at least has head coaching experience in a better conference than the SUNBELT. Not trying to burst your bubble, but this guy is not the quick fix that USF needs.  Let him work his way up to maybe C-USA before we start going crazy over him.

I mean it's so easy to make the dance when your in a 13 team league that is guarenteed only one bid...

Get out of here! Taking a school like that to the dance is terribly hard. South Alabama had success from someone I like (Ronnie Arrow - TAMCC) but before Pelphrey got there they weren't very good, he's had them with 20 wins the last two years.

Lemme ask you this. Did not having Big East coaching expirience hurt Jay Wright when he went there from Hofstra? How about Joe Beilen when he went to WVU from Richmond? What about John Thompson III when he jumped from freaking Princeton?

Daly, I have some severely upsetting news. There is NO quick fix. This team is going to struggle for a few years, however, my hope is the new coach will fix the inconsistencies that the prior staff had and win games like Richmond and TAMCC.

USF is not the coaching destination that many people are trying to make it. Why would it be?

- It's underfunded

- It has a crappy fan base

- It's tradition is nonexistent

- It needs some facilities renovations

- Finally, We're in the largest most impossible conference in the country.

A guy like Pelphrey has worked for and played for 3 hall of fame (or future hall of fame) coaches: Pitino, Sutton, and Donovan.

I trust that if he is hired he will be the best candidate for this job that was interested. I hope most the fanbase accepts this. (Casue really I can pull the Prado's record wasn't good at UL thread out again. In which many told me he was a bad hire...)