• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Fan's favorites are 2 names: What's your choice?

Guest BasketBull.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  642
  • Days Won:  0

I voted neither...

But I lean closer to Lutz - I'm not sure he's the right guy, but I could be swayed.  Grant on the other hand is still a newbie - not sure he has what it takes to turn this thing around.

I'm holding out hope for some real star power...

Was Billy Donavan a "STAR" before UF? Grant can be huge for USF, he's got my support.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest BasketBull.

Shady...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quin_Snyder

[highlight]In January 2003, point guard Ricky Clemons was arrested on charges of assault and battery and false arrest against his former girlfriend. While in jail, Clemons accused other players of receiving payments from Snyder's assistant coaches, Lane Odom and Tony Harvey, allegations that were dismissed by the NCAA after its investigation.[/highlight]

While the scandal began to unravel, so did Missouri's "dream season". The Tigers, picked first in the Big 12 and ranked #3 at one point, finished the year 16-14, including 9-7 in the Big 12 for a fifth place tie with Texas Tech. The Tigers' final season in the Hearnes Center ended unceremoniously with an 84-82 loss to their archrivals, the Kansas Jayhawks. The Tigers ended the season with a 65-64 loss to the eventual NIT champion Michigan Wolverines.

In the fall of 2004, the [highlight]NCAA put Mizzou on probation for various violations after a lengthy investigation that failed to substantiate many of the accusations made against Snyder's staff. [/highlight]Snyder overhauled his coaching staff after that, bringing in Melvin Watkins, former head coach at Texas A&M, as his new associate head coach. The 2004-05 team made the post-season NIT, making it 6 consecutive post-season appearances by the Tigers under Snyder. The Tigers posted a 16-16 record before losing to the DePaul Blue Demons in the first round of the NIT. Snyder was the only coach in Missouri history to make post-season play in every season that he coached the team to the season's end.

The 2005-06 Season got off to a decent start, culminating with an 89-86 overtime win over Kansas in mid-January. Snyder defeated the arch-rival Jayhawks in each of his last two meetings with them. But the Tigers lost their next six, the final loss being a 90-64 loss to the Baylor Bears. Snyder resigned the Friday following the Baylor loss, before the conclusion of his seventh season at Missouri. [highlight]His resignation led to a prolonged controversy over the actions of Athletic Director Mike Alden's handling of the dismissal, as it was learned that Alden sent Tiger Radio Network color analyst Gary Link to inform Snyder that he would not be retained after the season.[/highlight]

To Snyder's credit, he was known for his strong commitment to academics, including a near perfect record of his four-year players earning degrees. Snyder's teams regularly set marks for the highest GPA among Mizzou basketball teams and always ranked near the top of the Big 12 in graduation rates.

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  928

Quin snyder...

http://www.usabasketball.com/biosmen/quin_snyder_bio.html

snyder_quin.jpg

"I'm shady, but I win..."

• A native of the Pacific Northwest, Snyder attended Mercer Island High School in the state of Washington.

• A two-time state player of the year, Snyder led the team to the 1985 state championship. During this time Mercer Island achieved a No. 1 ranking in USA Today’s high school polls.

So he was raised a rich prep. Mercer Island is the Davis Island or (insert REALLY rich neighborhood of Tampa) of Western Washington. Mercer Island high school is the (insert REALLY shady cheating high school of Tampa) of Western Washington. They won A LOT but cheated to get it done.

Four coaching seasons and 4 Tourneys? I renege my prior vote (option E) and choose this guy

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

I voted neither...

But I lean closer to Lutz - I'm not sure he's the right guy, but I could be swayed.  Grant on the other hand is still a newbie - not sure he has what it takes to turn this thing around.

I'm holding out hope for some real star power...

Was Billy Donavan a "STAR" before UF? Grant can be huge for USF, he's got my support.

Per Brett, Grant's not coming.

• Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  172

I like Mike Jarvis. Previous Big East coaching experience. Ran a good program at St. Johns. Well respected and disciplened coach. Dont bring up Ron Artest. He wasnt crazy while at St. Johns, he became crazy after he landed into the NBA.

Shady...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quin_Snyder

[highlight]In January 2003, point guard Ricky Clemons was arrested on charges of assault and battery and false arrest against his former girlfriend. While in jail, Clemons accused other players of receiving payments from Snyder's assistant coaches, Lane Odom and Tony Harvey, allegations that were dismissed by the NCAA after its investigation.[/highlight]

While the scandal began to unravel, so did Missouri's "dream season". The Tigers, picked first in the Big 12 and ranked #3 at one point, finished the year 16-14, including 9-7 in the Big 12 for a fifth place tie with Texas Tech. The Tigers' final season in the Hearnes Center ended unceremoniously with an 84-82 loss to their archrivals, the Kansas Jayhawks. The Tigers ended the season with a 65-64 loss to the eventual NIT champion Michigan Wolverines.

In the fall of 2004, the [highlight]NCAA put Mizzou on probation for various violations after a lengthy investigation that failed to substantiate many of the accusations made against Snyder's staff. [/highlight]Snyder overhauled his coaching staff after that, bringing in Melvin Watkins, former head coach at Texas A&M, as his new associate head coach. The 2004-05 team made the post-season NIT, making it 6 consecutive post-season appearances by the Tigers under Snyder. The Tigers posted a 16-16 record before losing to the DePaul Blue Demons in the first round of the NIT. Snyder was the only coach in Missouri history to make post-season play in every season that he coached the team to the season's end.

The 2005-06 Season got off to a decent start, culminating with an 89-86 overtime win over Kansas in mid-January. Snyder defeated the arch-rival Jayhawks in each of his last two meetings with them. But the Tigers lost their next six, the final loss being a 90-64 loss to the Baylor Bears. Snyder resigned the Friday following the Baylor loss, before the conclusion of his seventh season at Missouri. [highlight]His resignation led to a prolonged controversy over the actions of Athletic Director Mike Alden's handling of the dismissal, as it was learned that Alden sent Tiger Radio Network color analyst Gary Link to inform Snyder that he would not be retained after the season.[/highlight]

To Snyder's credit, he was known for his strong commitment to academics, including a near perfect record of his four-year players earning degrees. Snyder's teams regularly set marks for the highest GPA among Mizzou basketball teams and always ranked near the top of the Big 12 in graduation rates.

This is one side of the story. His teams seem to deal with a lot of turmoil but on who's account? The AD? The Assisants? Snyder?

I'd say look into it. This story doesn't make him out to be shady, just the people around him. And that could go either way.

We don't need to undue RMC's efforts and success on rebuilding the teams image. I like Snyders graduation rates though. I know they don't win games but he seems to have the best of both worlds.

I dunno. I don't have all the fact which, is why I said the situation could go either way. My post in now way leans one way.

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

Quinn Snyder would be good young blood for the program... let's bump him above Jarvis for now. We need to take a gamble on a coach to restore some life in our program. Quinn has won everywhere... he's also a ladies man (so we could get some hot girls at our games!)

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Quinn Snyder would be good young blood for the program... let's bump him above Jarvis for now. We need to take a gamble on a coach to restore some life in our program. Quinn has won everywhere... he's also a ladies man (so we could get some hot girls at our games!)

Sorry, but I don't want this for my school:

In the fall of 2004, the NCAA put Mizzou on probation for various violations after a lengthy investigation that failed to substantiate many of the accusations made against Snyder's staff.