• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Makes Basketball Coaching Change

Guest Rueben_Horowitz

Thank you and best of luck Mac, your services will be in demand.

Thank you DW, firing a coach is not an easy thing; but it is for the best in this instance. I admire your desire to win.

Let's get a great coach in here and turn this program around.

Go Bulls!!!

Ravishing Rueb

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  1,911
  • Days Won:  0

Thank you for your service, coach.

I will root for Robert McCullum wherever he lands. I think he will be a great coach for whatever program picks him up.

I hope that the new coach can run a program with the high moral standards that Coach McCullum brought to USF.

Good luck, Coach.

Guest Sprtsfn627

I was on the fence with this one.  There were very good reasons on both sides of the argument.  This quote from Brett's story provides some of the good and bad nature of the program under McCullum:

In McCullum's four USF seasons, the Bulls actually fared better against tougher competition. USF had a higher winning percentage (25 percent) against nationally-ranked conference opponents than against unranked league foes (16 percent). McCullum was 4-12 against Associated Press ranked opponents, while USF's previous six coaches were a combined 4-57.

4-12 against ranked teams is great considering what we had to work with.  And yet, we couldn't get it done against the unranked teams in the conference, the teams we should have beaten.  Definently not an easy decision.

That said, I trust in DW's decision.  I also believe that McCullum will end up in a new job soon, and I wish the best for him and his family.  I'll be cheering him on, as well as the next USF coach.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  5,881
  • Days Won:  7

thanks mccullum. time to move on. your a nice guy so ill root for you wherever you end up bc im sure youll land another head coaching position

• Topic Count:  185
  • Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

RMC may end up being like that transition CEO of a company who does a great behind-the-scenes job in getting things in order, but doesn't get any credit when things get better.

I'd also like to note that I'm just as proud to be an alum today as I was yesterday.

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  67

Best of luck to RMC. I just think that he is better suited as a 1st assistant. He can play the good cop to the head coach. Coach Magadan, now at St.Leo would always play good cop to Greenberg.  Not trying to make this a Greenberg threat. just making an analogy from my experience in hoops.

• Topic Count:  232
  • Content Count:  2,511

I am hearing Kool and the Gang right now.

Celebrate good times...

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501

Not glad he is gone and not sad he is gone.

I actually wasn't going to renew my season tickets after 18 years.  Maybe I will stick around for twenty now.  New carrot to chase.

No expectations for who ever the next coach is.  Just wish him luck because he is going to need it.

Maybe some of the personnal attacks will end on the board.  NAW - what was I thinking.

If you want to play on the porch with the big dogs you better be a big dog - I sure hope we get that Big Dog.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

It must have been a very long week for Mr. Woolard. It's not easy to part ways with a man who is very well respected and went about things the right way on regards to who our student athletes were on the team.

Good luck Coach McCullum. I wish you could have come back for one more season because you certainly will have some tlaent coming back next season.

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,851
  • Days Won:  22

I will withhold my excitement until i see who we hire and what we offer. If we offer 500,000+ and get a good candidate then ill feel better about the direction of our program, anything less and we will get a reality check fast.