• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

How much money to go w/o USF FB?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451
  • Days Won:  0

Looking at some carreer opportunities that will take me out of the Bay Area.  If you've been to all the USF FB home games, how much money do you think it would take to fill the void/empty hole of only being able to attend 2-3 maybe 4 "live" USF FB games in the fall (one roadie, HC, and another homie)?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JulmisteForPrez

I voted $5.1-10k.  Here's why...

I moved to Tennessee, and now I live in Virginia.  And I have never looked back or regretted moving out of the Tampa Bay area.  

TB has a ton of things going for it, but to me, it also has a ton of things going AGAINST it.  Here are my top three:

1) Overcrowding...and this problem just keeps on getting worse.

2) Weather...some people love 11 months of heat; I, however, do not.  Love having four seasons.

3) Traffic...I've driven in a lot of areas, and never have I seen the ridiculous gridlock that pervades even SUBDIVISIONS!  Yeah...I used to get in traffic jams in SUBDIVISIONS before we moved away.

So, I'm making significantly more $$ where I am now, plus I don't have to deal with all the above.  I miss going to all the football/basketball games, but we always get to some road games.  Life is good.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,508
  • Days Won:  13

as soon as i finish school I am out of this hell hole. I will though come back for 4 or so games a year.

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

For me, there's not enough money. My grandparents moved here from Ga.

Both sides. Dad graduated from Hillsborough High in 1941. Deep roots!

flasportsfan83 -  Good riddance. We certainly don't need/want anyone here that doesn't want to be here. If all you want to do is bash MY HOME,

go now!  I'm sure you'll make where ever you go a better place.

• Topic Count:  226
  • Content Count:  3,574

BullDoug... I have spent approximately $1500 in travel expenses to go to FB games.

I went to the UCF, UCONN, and Pitt game.  Then I went to the Bowl game and a very inexpensive game (UNC, since it's close by).

However, my girlfriends’ parents live in Odessa, so I did not have to pay for a hotel or rental car.

Next year I'll be living in Boston.  I plan on increasing my "Bulls FB" budget to $2500.  The opportunity that I am taking does not exist in Tampa and my pay will be much higher than what I would get if I lived in Tampa (cost of living and travel expenses are already accounted for...since it will be more expensive to live in Boston and obviously more expensive to visit the family in Ft. Lauderdale).  However, I will be 1.5 hours away from UCONN, 4 hours from Rutgers and 5.5 hours from Syracuse.  :)

Sometimes you have to go where there are opportunities.  And like Mid-Atlantic said... it would be nice to experience something different than 11 months of heat.  However, I do plan on coming back to Florida when I'm ready to become my own boss.

• Topic Count:  31
  • Content Count:  1,297

2) Weather...some people love 11 months of heat; I, however, do not.  Love having four seasons.

11 months of heat......you're refering to the 70 and 80 degree highs from the months of October to May as HEAT.  Have fun with your bag of rock salt.   ;D

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  687

BullDoug, one season away from the home games has really been tough for me. Yes, you can get most of the games on gameplan, but it isnt the same. I don't know if you can put a price on being able to go to all the home games.

• Topic Count:  226
  • Content Count:  3,574

11 months of heat......you're refering to the 70 and 80 degree highs from the months of October to May as HEAT.  Have fun with your bag of rock salt.   ;D

Add the humidity...  ;)

• Topic Count:  36
  • Content Count:  384

It would be nice to have some cooler weather for Football Season.  

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  827

as soon as i finish school I am out of this hell hole. I will though come back for 4 or so games a year.

Thank goodness!!!!!  We are tired of hearing your negative crud!