• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Wait till next year

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  622
  • Days Won:  0

its over folks....

Connecticut’s 65-55 victory against Rutgers Wednesday night eliminated the University of South Florida from qualifying for the Big East men’s basketball tournament for a second consecutive season. It’s also the third time in the past four years USF did not qualify for its league tournament.

With UConn’s victory, the highest the Bulls can now finish is 13th in the Big East.  

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  226
  • Content Count:  3,574

This will be interesting...

• Topic Count:  502
  • Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

Big shame! But, honestly, I didn't expect USF do perform that well in it's first 2-3 years in the Big East in any sport. I figure our school may have be in the Big East, but that doesn't necessarily make our athletes Big East players. We still have C-USA players on our team up against BE athletes. I think, in my opinion, we have held our on in this conference in all sports, in particular women's BBall.

Just my two cents,

go bulls

• Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  3,103

yeah, everybody thinks the mens basketball team should come in and dominate the league, but what everybody forgets is that the big east is arguably the best basketball conference in the nation, and we are going up against schools that have won one or numerous national championships, more than half of the schools in the big east have won at least one national title.  its gonna take time for us to compete in the big east in mens basketball, take a look at when va tech entered the big east, it took their basketball team about 4 years to be able to compete in the big east...thats 4 years after they joined.

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  1,911

We're the only team in the big east that has never been to a final four...but who cares, we should have won it all this year.

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  3,403

Big shame! But, honestly, I didn't expect USF do perform that well in it's first 2-3 years in the Big East in any sport. I figure our school may have be in the Big East, but that doesn't necessarily make our athletes Big East players. We still have C-USA players on our team up against BE athletes. I think, in my opinion, we have held our on in this conference in all sports, in particular women's BBall.

Just my two cents,

go bulls

well, Louisville and Marquette seem to be doing well with their "C-USA players."  Afterall, they are headed to the NCAA Tournament.  Depaul, also with "C-USA players," is 7-7 in the conference and has a chance to make the tournament as well (they beat top-5 kansas earlier in the season and just last week beat ranked notre dame and marquette...so if they beat cincy and us again, they'll be 9-7).  But hey, at least we are better than cincy with all of their C-USA players!  

Oh, and our record wasn't exactly spectacular in the C-USA, either.  Memphis is doing quite well with their C-USA players, btw.

It doesn't really matter what conference you are in, especially for basketball.

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  3,403

yeah, everybody thinks the mens basketball team should come in and dominate the league, but what everybody forgets is that the big east is arguably the best basketball conference in the nation, and we are going up against schools that have won one or numerous national championships, more than half of the schools in the big east have won at least one national title.  its gonna take time for us to compete in the big east in mens basketball, take a look at when va tech entered the big east, it took their basketball team about 4 years to be able to compete in the big east...thats 4 years after they joined.

yeah, history means everything.  I think since Depaul won the NIT title in 1945 (their only national championship), we should take a few years to work up to their current greatness.  afterall, it is clearly their confidence from that title that led them to a 7-7 record in the big east this season.

why do we need to make excuses for sucking?  this is a down year for the big east.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,634
  • Days Won:  424

well, Louisville and Marquette seem to be doing well with their "C-USA players."  Afterall, they are headed to the NCAA Tournament.  Depaul, also with "C-USA players," is 7-7 in the conference and has a chance to make the tournament as well (they beat top-5 kansas earlier in the season and just last week beat ranked notre dame and marquette...so if they beat cincy and us again, they'll be 9-7).  But hey, at least we are better than cincy with all of their C-USA players!  

Oh, and our record wasn't exactly spectacular in the C-USA, either.  Memphis is doing quite well with their C-USA players, btw.

[highlight]It doesn't really matter what conference you are in, especially for basketball[/highlight].

I couldn't agree more. It has to do with the program itself and its basketball tradition. DePaul, Cincy, L'ville and Marquette all make us look silly when it comes to basketball tradition. It's going to take time and the right coach... The jury is still out, for some, on if we have the right coach.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,490
  • Days Won:  13

So much for the BE tourney, NIT, and Coach of the year for Mac.