• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Wait till next year

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

yeah, everybody thinks the mens basketball team should come in and dominate the league, but what everybody forgets is that the big east is arguably the best basketball conference in the nation, and we are going up against schools that have won one or numerous national championships, more than half of the schools in the big east have won at least one national title.  its gonna take time for us to compete in the big east in mens basketball, take a look at when va tech entered the big east, it took their basketball team about 4 years to be able to compete in the big east...thats 4 years after they joined.

Who is talking about dominating?  All I am asking for is to not get blown out by an average of 16 points a game.  Even if we don't win, considering the teams we are playing against, it's not an unreasonable expectation to at least grow our attendance even marginally over two of the worst attendance records in our history at the Sundome.  Instead we will probably decline from last year again.

Those are not unreasonable expectations at all.

You beat me to calling out this ridiculous post, usfgrad.  

WHO HAS EVER HARBORED EXPECTATIONS OF DOMINATION?????????????????????????????????????

For crying out loud.......we would have been placated this year or last with a 12th place finish.

Repeat........A 12TH PLACE FINISH

Oh yeah......that's some wicked lofty goal!   ::)

Quick, name 4 teams within the Big East conference that have a worse "basketball tradition" than USF.

Next, name 4 teams within the big east that have 16 in conference road games (8 real away, and 8 games played in their own arena, but where their fans are outnumbered by the competitions fans)

Next, name 4 teams that spend less on hoops within the big east.

All those are obstacles, whether we like it or not.  

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

well, Louisville and Marquette seem to be doing well with their "C-USA players."  Afterall, they are headed to the NCAA Tournament.  Depaul, also with "C-USA players," is 7-7 in the conference and has a chance to make the tournament as well (they beat top-5 kansas earlier in the season and just last week beat ranked notre dame and marquette...so if they beat cincy and us again, they'll be 9-7).  But hey, at least we are better than cincy with all of their C-USA players!  

Oh, and our record wasn't exactly spectacular in the C-USA, either.  Memphis is doing quite well with their C-USA players, btw.

[highlight]It doesn't really matter what conference you are in, especially for basketball[/highlight].

I couldn't agree more. It has to do with the program itself and its basketball tradition. DePaul, Cincy, L'ville and Marquette all make us look silly when it comes to basketball tradition. It's going to take time and the right coach... The jury is still out, for some, on if we have the right coach.

what comes first playing good basket ball or tradition?

rmc should have been fired last year

keeping a losing coach over another year produces a losing season

usf needed to hire huggins and a a couple of years before bobby knight

usf cant keep letting legends slip past them

yeah, everybody thinks the mens basketball team should come in and dominate the league, but what everybody forgets is that the big east is arguably the best basketball conference in the nation, and we are going up against schools that have won one or numerous national championships, more than half of the schools in the big east have won at least one national title.  its gonna take time for us to compete in the big east in mens basketball, take a look at when va tech entered the big east, it took their basketball team about 4 years to be able to compete in the big east...thats 4 years after they joined.

Who is talking about dominating?  All I am asking for is to not get blown out by an average of 16 points a game.  Even if we don't win, considering the teams we are playing against, it's not an unreasonable expectation to at least grow our attendance even marginally over two of the worst attendance records in our history at the Sundome.  Instead we will probably decline from last year again.

Those are not unreasonable expectations at all.

You beat me to calling out this ridiculous post, usfgrad.  

WHO HAS EVER HARBORED EXPECTATIONS OF DOMINATION?????????????????????????????????????

For crying out loud.......we would have been placated this year or last with a 12th place finish.

Repeat........A 12TH PLACE FINISH

Oh yeah......that's some wicked lofty goal!   ::)

Quick, name 4 teams within the Big East conference that have a worse "basketball tradition" than USF.

Next, name 4 teams within the big east that have 16 in conference road games (8 real away, and 8 games played in their own arena, but where their fans are outnumbered by the competitions fans)

Next, name 4 teams that spend less on hoops within the big east.

All those are obstacles, whether we like it or not.  

in the last 4 years

rmc was the biggest obstacle

bulls never had a chance andno one ever expected bulls to go to big east tourney

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,490
  • Days Won:  13

The jury has been out in Triple B's courtroom for the better part of my life.

Success is easy when you have no expectations.

10-52 in conference play Trip.

[highlight]Including a stellar 1-15 during his first year in C-USA.[/highlight]

Don't ever forget it.

his first year in CUSA he made it to the semifinals of the conference tourny, beat two ranked teams in a row i believe.  and no flsportsfan i am not living in la la land, i live in reality and i understand that its going to take time for us to start competing with other big east teams, you who want us to win the conference are living in la la land

who said we should win the Conference? I would like to finish in the top 12 yes. And we sucked in CUSA as well.

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  3,403
  • Days Won:  0

The jury has been out in Triple B's courtroom for the better part of my life.

Success is easy when you have no expectations.

10-52 in conference play Trip.

[highlight]Including a stellar 1-15 during his first year in C-USA.[/highlight]

Don't ever forget it.

his first year in CUSA he made it to the semifinals of the conference tourny, beat two ranked teams in a row i believe.  and no flsportsfan i am not living in la la land, i live in reality and i understand that its going to take time for us to start competing with other big east teams, you who want us to win the conference are living in la la land

who said we should win the Conference? I would like to finish in the top 12 yes. And we sucked in CUSA as well.

no one said that.  I know people are tired of complaints about the coach, but all people (that complain) just want to see is some kind of improvement.  I don't think winning 3 conference games this year is a true sign of hope just because it's 2 (or 3 if we win another) more.  it's still possibly 3-13!  that is terrible and we could easily do the same next year at this rate.  and the next...and the next...we were terrible this year, last year, and the 2 years we were in the lowly C-USA.  I just want to see some improvement.  No one mentioned anything about winning the conference, but if we could make some kind of step towards that, wouldn't that be nice?

Guest Ari_Hinkelberger

You know your program is in the toilet when St. Johns makes you play them in Queens.

That is a total slap in the face.

program was in toilet last year

bulls petered out down the stretch as i predicted

no roster depth

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,490
  • Days Won:  13

cmon those of us that know basketball knew at the start of the season that the record was false hope. We all knew we were playing teams that would not prepare us for Big East Basketball.