• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Receives Signed LOI from LB Donte Spires

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  387
  • Days Won:  0

Nicholas and St. Louis weren't that big either and look what they did. I say both will be signed to NFL teams.

It seems to me we're reloading at LB.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  617
  • Content Count:  4,879

We will now be good at LB; excellent if TM gets his hardship.  DL & DB will be strength of D in '07.

Best thing to happen to the D will be SARASOTA'S Mike Ford as the D won't be on the field so much.

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  919

did his aunt sign?

Yes and she has 4 years of eligibility!!!   ;D

Now that's funny!

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016

KB...

He played very well.  Good speed & nose for the ball.

Just doubt he's as big as listed.

I heard legit 230lbs, that's not enormous on a 6-3 frame, and he is that tall.

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  3,403

awesome.  perhaps a hardship waiver away from the big east title.   :)

Guest JulmisteForPrez
KB...

I really have no way of knowing other than comparing him to the other guys on the field.  So if he is a legit 6'3", 230, we need to go after EVERY guy on the Pearl River team (as well as the opposing team), because they must be ENORMOUS.  He didn't look 6'3" based on a comparitive look, but like I said....if he really is, then both of those JuCo teams have some UNBELIEVABLE size!!

Anyhow, I'm not overly concerned about his height....just trying to show how once again these "measurables" are almost always inflated....sometimes ridiculously so.

But I'm excited to have Spires finally and officially onboard.  Should be a key contributer.

KB...

I really have no way of knowing other than comparing him to the other guys on the field.  So if he is a legit 6'3", 230, we need to go after EVERY guy on the Pearl River team (as well as the opposing team), because they must be ENORMOUS.  He didn't look 6'3" based on a comparitive look, but like I said....if he really is, then both of those JuCo teams have some UNBELIEVABLE size!!

Anyhow, I'm not overly concerned about his height....just trying to show how once again these "measurables" are almost always inflated....sometimes ridiculously so.

But I'm excited to have Spires finally and officially onboard.  Should be a key contributer.

I know for certain Spires is a full 6-2...that is a fact, probably exact around 6-2 1/2 or so...what do you think he is-- 5-11?

Spires is not inflated by more than maybe 3/4 an inch, he's a taller LB, he was listed at 6-4 on one program in HS, now that was inflated, but he is much closer to the 6-3.  You might have been looking at the wrong dude or the commentator identified the wrong guy.

Guest JulmisteForPrez
KB...

I know for certain Spires is a full 6-2...that is a fact, probably exact around 6-2 1/2 or so...what do you think he is-- 5-11?

Spires is not inflated by more than maybe 3/4 an inch, he's a taller LB, he was listed at 6-4 on one program in HS, now that was inflated, but he is much closer to the 6-3.  You might have been looking at the wrong dude or the commentator identified the wrong guy.

No, no.....I watched pretty much that WHOLE game and saw him close-up several times on camera as well as wider-angle shots that gave me a good reference point next to other players.  If he really is 6'2" or 6'3" (which I remain skeptical of), then those two teams had a BUNCH of really tall dudes.

Regardless, he looks like a good ballplayer...glad to have him officially onboard.

Just get tired of the inflated height/weight/bench/40-time, etc.

There is an OT in Sheboygan, Wisconsin...

7'8", 425 lbs.

4.1 40

965 lbs. on the bench

6.8 GPA, 5600 SAT

But I'm sure that is all very accurate.   :D

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  642

6'3/ 240 for a LB... :-? Even if that is inflated I hope this kid is chizled and fast. Is he an OLB?

6'3/ 240 for a LB... :-? Even if that is inflated I hope this kid is chizled and fast. Is he an OLB?

Meaning?  

He's more like 6-2 230lbs....but that is 100% legit now, anyone that says he's smaller then that has it wrong.