• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I am proud of the BasketBulls this morning

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

another loss in a critical game

lots to be proud of

critical game as in USC losing to UCLA for the right to play for a national title??

that kind of critical game??

hardly

Guest JulmisteForPrez

True.

When you're only playing for stakes as high as qualifying for your conference tournament (ooh-la-la), then there is no such thing as a "high stakes" game.

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

I'd argue with the goggle-wearing Pollyannas...

You'd be arguing with yourself.

Some people do use critical thinking skills to analyze things...

analyze the game, the play of the players, point out problems, figure out what is wrong...

but no... you guys just look at a myopic view of everything... ooh, our record sucked last year... oh we lost a game, lets fire the coach.  

Its plain as day that the talent is increasing here, and the play is getting better.  To expect zero lumps in the road on a team that has struggled for so long is comical.  We all want the team to dominate, at home, on the road, everywhere... but it takes time to learn to win, and anyone that isn't blinded by their hatred for our coach can see that this team is growing.  They are making some mistakes, but the direction is there, the coaching is there, and they just need to put it together.  Hopefully they do, and make their way to the garden.

Guest JulmisteForPrez

I'd argue with the goggle-wearing Pollyannas...

You'd be arguing with yourself.

Some people do use critical thinking skills to analyze things...

analyze the game, the play of the players, point out problems, figure out what is wrong...

but no... you guys just look at a myopic view of everything... ooh, our record sucked last year... oh we lost a game, lets fire the coach.  

Its plain as day that the talent is increasing here, and the play is getting better.  [highlight]To expect zero lumps in the road on a team that has struggled for so long is comical.[/highlight]  We all want the team to dominate, at home, on the road, everywhere... but it takes time to learn to win, and anyone that isn't blinded by their hatred for our coach can see that this team is growing.  They are making some mistakes, but the direction is there, the coaching is there, and they just need to put it together.  Hopefully they do, and make their way to the garden.

[smiley=roflmao.gif]

Who is expecting ZERO lumps in the road (except from maybe Smazza)?  

I think that is the fundamental problem between the two sides here.  You "goggle wearers" think we "dark-siders" want perfection.

Puhleeeeeeze!  I would be ecstatic if we could qualify for the counference tourney!  Is that too much to ask??  Is that unreasonable??  Is that "expecting no lumps in the road"?

::)

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,640
  • Days Won:  424

MORAL VICTORIES SHOULD NOT MAKE YOU HAPPY.

I AGREE.

• Topic Count:  714
  • Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

I'm proud of the fact that they fought back, but I'm not happy becuse we lost. Accepting moral victories means jack squat in getting to MSG. Leave moral victories to UCiF. Take pride in the fact that our team has great heart, but be angered by the fact we lost a winnable game.

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016
  • Days Won:  0

I'm proud they fought back and didn't give up, but honestly, they should have never been in that position.

Not blaming anyone but the players for this, if they would have played as intense as they did in the second half the whole game, it's a different story...

Just an FYI for everyone, St. John signed the 20th best recruiting class in the nation.  Last year the top 3 guards in FL were #1. Aaron Holmes (USF), #2 Derwin Kitchen (St. Johns), #3 Dante Curry (USF).

This isn't in line with the Richmond loss if that's what someone means.  This is the Big East there are no cupcakes, last year we had 9 teams with a recruiting class ranked in the top 26 in the nation- NINE TEAMS!  Even the bottom feeders sign top notch classes, and have top notch talent.  Road games in the Big East have always been, and will always be like walking through a medieval gauntlet.  

This isn't C-DOA where we played once great, now awful Tulane in front of 2000 apathetic fans, then follow it up a week later in Hattiesburg against USM in front of 4,000, then UAB in front of 2,500.  This was probably the smallest crowd of the year we'll play before of 4,700 at Carnesecca Arena.  We played in front of 15,200 against Uconn, 11,700 against Pitt, 9,000 against WVU, 9,900 at ND.  You can expect about 15,000 in front of Louisville next, and at least we don't have to play against the 12,000 Nova fans, or 20,000 screaming Cuse fans.  It ain't easy in the Big East on the road.

Still need to win this game.  No doubt, but at 14-10 St. Johns is smelling post-season too and fighting for the same survival.

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

I'm proud of the fact that they fought back, but I'm not happy becuse we lost. Accepting moral victories means jack squat in getting to MSG. Leave moral victories to UCiF. Take pride in the fact that our team has great heart, but be angered by the fact we lost a winnable game.

I'd say you are right on the money.  No one is happy we lost... well... there are a couple on here that I would say may be happy... but no one should be happy.  

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  3,403
  • Days Won:  0

I'm not proud and I'm certainly not happy.