• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Recruiting Concerns

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  3,403
  • Days Won:  0

Our recruiting has been awesome this year.  We have signed and in camp a 5 star RB which was our biggest area of need.  We have an incredible athlete commited at the QB position even though we have a clear starter for the next three years.  We have a game breaking LB committed that Auburn wanted badly (Sutton).  We have another LB that has three years of eligibility that has been committed to us for two years who would be recruited by big BCS schools but wants to play for USF (Spires).  We have a couple other RBs/aths that big time schools coveted yet have committed to us even though we have the 5 star guy in the fold (Butler, Bellamy).  We have a DT that Clemson wanted in a big way (McClain) and some very workable OL commits, including one I think will be a huge talent given time (McCoy).  We have one of the best FBs I've seen on tape committed even though FSU wants him (Kelly).  We have a DB recruit that Illinois, NC State, WV and Pitt wanted (Sinclair).  I guess I am not seeing where there is any room for gloom and doom, especially considering that all these guys were basically committed to our program BEFORE Christmas.

We should be shouting from the rooftops.  We have made unbelievable strides this year.  Forget the stars, look at who wanted these guys and look at their vids.  This will be a huge impact class.

Normal

After reading this entire thread I'm very curious why no one pays attention to this description of our class.  It's good.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,843
  • Days Won:  22

Some of you live in LaLa land.

USF has made great strides in its short history but the facts are that until this year we had NOT won a  Bowl game. Until last year we had NOT beaten a top 25 team. (Unless you want to count Bowling Green).

The TWO Bowls we have gone are lower level Bowls.

We will NOT land these top kids until:

1. We go to a MAJOR BOWL (BCS)

2. We are ranked at the end of season.

Until then we dont have the clout to attract those top kids. We are getting there but some of you guys have an unrealistic view of where USF still ranks in a top recruits eyes.

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  919

Our recruiting has been awesome this year.  We have signed and in camp a 5 star RB which was our biggest area of need.  We have an incredible athlete commited at the QB position even though we have a clear starter for the next three years.  We have a game breaking LB committed that Auburn wanted badly (Sutton).  We have another LB that has three years of eligibility that has been committed to us for two years who would be recruited by big BCS schools but wants to play for USF (Spires).  We have a couple other RBs/aths that big time schools coveted yet have committed to us even though we have the 5 star guy in the fold (Butler, Bellamy).  We have a DT that Clemson wanted in a big way (McClain) and some very workable OL commits, including one I think will be a huge talent given time (McCoy).  We have one of the best FBs I've seen on tape committed even though FSU wants him (Kelly).  We have a DB recruit that Illinois, NC State, WV and Pitt wanted (Sinclair).  I guess I am not seeing where there is any room for gloom and doom, especially considering that all these guys were basically committed to our program BEFORE Christmas.

We should be shouting from the rooftops.  We have made unbelievable strides this year.  Forget the stars, look at who wanted these guys and look at their vids.  This will be a huge impact class.

Normal

After reading this entire thread I'm very curious why no one pays attention to this description of our class.  It's good.

Because, unfortunately, most people don't have a clue.

Normal, great job - you are 100% correct!

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  538

Hell, are you kidding me? you folks need to get lives.  Mike Ford, 5 star running back, ENROLLED ALREADY?? all those kids from last year - Spires, McKaskill, etc. - who everyone was so up in arms that they didn't "make it", are now this year's gains.  Sinclair, Kelly, McClain, Butler, did anyone look at tape on these guys.  DO YOU HONESTLY THINK WE"VE BEEN RECRUITIN ATHLETES LIKE THIS THE LAST FEW YEARS???  This whole program was founded on the word, "believe", from the day they were in a trailer and playing Kentucky Wesleyan.  I no longer need to believe, I can SEE. A great quarterback returning for 3 years, our biggest loss (LBS) is last year's biggest recruiting success, not to mention Robinson and Spires, who might just step ahead of the redshirt freshmen anyways....not to mention, our single, biggest TREMENDOUS need, a star RB, we have a 5 star MAN recruited and practicing already.

Sit back, sports fans, and enjoy...............................life is good.

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Hell, are you kidding me? you folks need to get lives.  Mike Ford, 5 star running back, ENROLLED ALREADY?? all those kids from last year - Spires, McKaskill, etc. - who everyone was so up in arms that they didn't "make it", are now this year's gains.  Sinclair, Kelly, McClain, Butler, did anyone look at tape on these guys.  DO YOU HONESTLY THINK WE"VE BEEN RECRUITIN ATHLETES LIKE THIS THE LAST FEW YEARS???  This whole program was founded on the word, "believe", from the day they were in a trailer and playing Kentucky Wesleyan.  I no longer need to believe, I can SEE. A great quarterback returning for 3 years, our biggest loss (LBS) is last year's biggest recruiting success, not to mention Robinson and Spires, who might just step ahead of the redshirt freshmen anyways....not to mention, our single, biggest TREMENDOUS need, a star RB, we have a 5 star MAN recruited and practicing already.

Sit back, sports fans, and enjoy...............................life is good.

Absolutely!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can not wait for September.  

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

I would consider the 2005 class our first "BCS" class.  Not that it is a guarantee of future success, but 3 kids in that class were on the Scout freshman all-american team: Grothe, Selvie and Chris Robinson.  A few years ago we were thrilled to have one kid a year make such a list.

Taurus Johnson would be the other impact player in that class.  A few more may step up as they gain experience and are coached up.  I expect some freshmen to step up next year from the 2006 class.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501

Would you rather be Pitt ?  Great reccruiting class's - not so good record ?

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  1,113
  • Days Won:  1

I dont understand...

Grothe

Selvie

both cbs

all 3 LB

C.robinson

Julmist

Any of our WR

Watson

Was any of these guys highly rated recruits?

Looking at our incoming class all I can say is wow.This is by far the most talented group we have ever had.

I think we are ranked around 44th right now.Do you think theres much diff between 30th and 40th?To add to that we are getting FLA kids.That says it all.

I agree with _____Eats It!!!!

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

Why do some people on this board think that USF should just naturally be a contender and every other school should give up? The way I see it is we have done better than I ever imagined so far.

With recruiting it takes time to build recruiting and relationships. Marve is going to UM, I would too if I were him. Tell me why you would pick USF over Miami if you were him? UM is a great private school, it is in Miami, they put guys in the NFL, and they are always on TV and in media. Them having a bad year got more press than USF having a good year. Bottom line UM has been **** good for 20 years with a few down years (lower tier bowl like us) sprinkled in. I travel the country for work and see UM, FSU, UF stuff everywhere I go. That covers the kids who want to stay in state.

Some kids want to get the hell out of Florida when they go to school, I can not blame them, it is their choice.

You do sound like smazza a little, he is clueless and a broken record, who thinks that an upstart program should run with big boys out of the gate. We do not and can not right now spend like the rest of the big boys. One day we will.

As far as Boise State, one hit wonder, this years Fresno state, Oklahoma has been doing for a long time and will continue to bring it. These down years everyone talks about at other schools are equal to our best years.

All that being said the future is bright for USF

butch davis will have a top 15 class this year

leavitt has been here 10 years and should be pulling in top 25 recruiting classes

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  3,403

Why do some people on this board think that USF should just naturally be a contender and every other school should give up? The way I see it is we have done better than I ever imagined so far.

With recruiting it takes time to build recruiting and relationships. Marve is going to UM, I would too if I were him. Tell me why you would pick USF over Miami if you were him? UM is a great private school, it is in Miami, they put guys in the NFL, and they are always on TV and in media. Them having a bad year got more press than USF having a good year. Bottom line UM has been **** good for 20 years with a few down years (lower tier bowl like us) sprinkled in. I travel the country for work and see UM, FSU, UF stuff everywhere I go. That covers the kids who want to stay in state.

Some kids want to get the hell out of Florida when they go to school, I can not blame them, it is their choice.

You do sound like smazza a little, he is clueless and a broken record, who thinks that an upstart program should run with big boys out of the gate. We do not and can not right now spend like the rest of the big boys. One day we will.

As far as Boise State, one hit wonder, this years Fresno state, Oklahoma has been doing for a long time and will continue to bring it. These down years everyone talks about at other schools are equal to our best years.

All that being said the future is bright for USF

butch davis will have a top 15 class this year

leavitt has been here 10 years and should be pulling in top 25 recruiting classes

really?  you think UNC is going to move up from 43rd and 34th (rivals and scout)?  wow, you sure expect a big final week, huh?

tell me why a kid that grew up liking other florida schools and barely knows USF should come here.  just because you say so?  it takes time to gain momentum and tradition, and we are gaining both every year.