• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Recruiting Concerns

Guest JulmisteForPrez
I dont understand...

Grothe

Selvie

both cbs

all 3 LB

C.robinson

Julmist

Any of our WR

Watson

Was any of these guys highly rated recruits?

Looking at our incoming class all I can say is wow.This is by far the most talented group we have ever had.

I think we are ranked around 44th right now.Do you think theres much diff between 30th and 40th?To add to that we are getting FLA kids.That says it all.

Jenkins was highly rated.

And are you referring to Pat Julmiste or Josh.  I wouldn't use Pat Julmiste as a selling point for recruiting.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  236
  • Content Count:  1,797
  • Days Won:  0

Our recruiting has been awesome this year.  We have signed and in camp a 5 star RB which was our biggest area of need.  We have an incredible athlete commited at the QB position even though we have a clear starter for the next three years.  We have a game breaking LB committed that Auburn wanted badly (Sutton).  We have another LB that has three years of eligibility that has been committed to us for two years who would be recruited by big BCS schools but wants to play for USF (Spires).  We have a couple other RBs/aths that big time schools coveted yet have committed to us even though we have the 5 star guy in the fold (Butler, Bellamy).  We have a DT that Clemson wanted in a big way (McClain) and some very workable OL commits, including one I think will be a huge talent given time (McCoy).  We have one of the best FBs I've seen on tape committed even though FSU wants him (Kelly).  We have a DB recruit that Illinois, NC State, WV and Pitt wanted (Sinclair).  I guess I am not seeing where there is any room for gloom and doom, especially considering that all these guys were basically committed to our program BEFORE Christmas.

We should be shouting from the rooftops.  We have made unbelievable strides this year.  Forget the stars, look at who wanted these guys and look at their vids.  This will be a huge impact class.

Normal

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

I gave all the credit deserved... if you are saying we have issues with recruiting... you are way off base.  No, we aren't USC, but we are recruiting well and getting all our needs filled with high caliber athletes.  

• Topic Count:  646
  • Content Count:  7,890

Once again it doesn't seem WE stack up well when it comes to this facit of the college game. UF will have the best recruiting class in the nation when all is said and done. That is to be expected, however, my concern lies in the fact that with MIAMI & FSU having "down" years WE have not capitalized. A couple questions...

1. Why or How does this happen?

2. What needs to be done to improve it?

3. Is this a CJL issue?

4. If not CJL where do you point the finger?

Who says we haven't capitalized?  Smazza?  If you are basing any of your arguement on his views on recruiting, that is your fatal flaw.

We are having our best year ever... isn't the goal to improve every year?  Your entire post is way off base.

Very true and also you can’t evaluate a class until year 3 and 4 so we will see then. Stop judging classes on stars and start to look at the players.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  642

I gave all the credit deserved... if you are saying we have issues with recruiting... you are way off base.  No, we aren't USC, but we are recruiting well and getting all our needs filled with high caliber athletes.  

I'm saying there is a concern, one of which seems to be looming. This concern doesn't seem to hinder us only keep of from being the best we COULD be. To bring this concern up is not "OFF BASE". Like I stated before we are having a great year by OUR standards aren't high enough.

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  4,642

every year our recruiting gets better, so let's just wait and see.  if we have another really good year it will only get better.  remember what recruits were saying this year about us beating WVU?  thus making them interested in us and taking us into consideration.  we will eventually get there where we have better and better recruits.  this doesn't happen in one recruiting season that we will be filled with 4 and 5 star recruits no matter how good we are.  everyone just be patient!!!  ;D

btw, just to restate the obvious, the auburn game is huge ENORMOUS in terms of recruiting.

• Topic Count:  236
  • Content Count:  1,797

I guess what velcro and I would debate is the term 'OUR standards' and whether they are high enough or not.  Also, what constitutes the standard.  Is it UF's recruiting?  You say no in your first post.  If not that then what is it?  I tried in my post to bring in relevant measuring sticks (who else was recruiting our commits and in some cases continue to try to pry from us) and comments about their videos.  Those are relevant tools to evaluate our class.  Others mentioned the work that our staff has done finding 'hidden' gems like Selvie, but apparently none of this meets your standard.  So what would it take to satisfy you ProfessaBull?  Who are we missing that you think we should be able to sign?  Instead of making vague references to some perceived recruiting deficiency, be specific so we can discuss it in a reasonable manner.  There are way too many posters in this forum that allude to some doomsday forecast and want to know what can be done about it without pinpointing the problem.  Help us see what you are having a problem with.

Normal

I guess my standard seems to lie within the fact that we COULD have done better than most. Coming off a great year (Miami & FSU on the decline) we had the ability to pull in some big names coming out of florida. It just seems like we are always being mentioned with some of those big names but these kids go else where. I hear some of these athletes reasons for picking another school but is that all there is to it? I can't help but question our ability to recruit at a HIGHER LEVEL especially when we had some chips this year to play with.

Overall this is an "A+" recruiting year compared to OUR past

However this is a "C+" recruiting year compared to the NATION. (I give a C+ only because we addressed a major concern at RB)

Why aren't we in the TOP 25 this year? It's a fair question.

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  488

Instead of making vague references to some perceived recruiting deficiency, be specific so we can discuss it in a reasonable manner.  There are way too many posters in this forum that allude to some doomsday forecast and want to know what can be done about it without pinpointing the problem.  Help us see what you are having a problem with.

Normal

Nobody could have said this any better.  The "glass half-emptiers" on this board provides nothing concrete, just their "my right to an opinion" attitude.  

Measuring USF's program to the Jones does nothing.  There are so many variables to consider before an accurate comparison can be made.  Otherwise, you're just stirring up bad chili.    

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=635734

How about this guy, ND and Miami? Come on! If he goes to UF or Ohio I get it but ND or MIAMI?