• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

For the Darksiders . . .

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,499
  • Days Won:  13

Quote from Tom Crean, Marquettte coach, from Greg's blog - "I can’t say enough about how good South Florida is, how good a coach (McCullum) is.â€Â

[smiley=roflmao.gif]

The fact that someone other than RMC believes this line is hilarious!

Yes, indeed......South Florida and our coach is so good, in fact, that they won't even qualify for the conference tournament.  Now THAT is what I call good.

My oh my......it's like trying to argue with someone who insists the sky is green.

This quote was an unsolicited opinion from a coach of a top 25 team right after they escaped with a win versus USF.  The context of the quote was that he has much respect for coach Mac and the way his team plays.  Tom Crean knows coaching, so does Jim Calhoun, and both guys gave unsolicited endorsements of CRM.  Say what you will, but there are no other motives behind those quotes other than respect.

We all want USF to win, but it doesn't happen overnight.  Mac is making progress, and let's see if it continues to progress.  This instant gratification mindset today from fans is sickening.

Isint Calhoun the same guy that said we did not belong in the Big East

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Rueben_Horowitz
the 4 year cycle is my opinion.  based on how much we would have available to bring in a new coach it would be another unknown guy who wouldnt be able to recruit right from the git-go.

How do you know? What makes you think this?

You have NO IDEA how long it would take a coach to recruit. You have NO IDEA how much money could be spent on a coah.

UF won the title but they have the ability to recruit from all over the nation, and the world.

LOL. So does USF Rezz.

billy donovan is a great coach making around 9 x's what RMC is making. you are comparing apples to oranges....

:::GASP::: Apples to oranges?

Billy makes that amount of cheese b/c he built that program into a champion...His salary is well deserved and is in line with his performance.

We're in the BE, we need apples too.

you can coach on x's and o's but the end result is still only as good as the guys excuting the plays.  the fact that we havent had a true point guard since Swift left (until Howard came back but he has been out of game action for 2 years)

Agreed. CRM can't recruit, that's very obvious.

Brian Swift? Way to aim high Rezz. Have some freakin expectations man, we are in the BE now...A BB conference.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

I will put a guarentee out that if we wait until the end of CRM's contract Grant will not be around.

I will say there is a good chance he won't be back at VCU because there are numerous attractive jobs that will probably be opening this off season and he will be the top candidate for most.  (Michigan, South Carolina, Kentucky, FSU, and Iowa State to name a few.)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,833
  • Days Won:  22

and all of those will ofeer more money prestige and support that we can. so what makes you think that he will not wait for one of those jobs to open. He already turned us down and it had nothing to with CUSA. So unless our support for basketball changes its the same old deal for him and he is sitting in a better set up than he was before

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,686
  • Days Won:  424

Alright, Triple B.....good points.  Thanks for the civil discussion.  I appreciate that.

Don't get used to it... It was a weak moment.

Woolard was supposedly a basketball guy coming in from St. Louis....well, he needs to prove it now.  Do something to resurrect this program, or find another job.

Only thing that MAY resurrect this program is for it to be a winning program. DW will do what's best to try and make it that winning program. Right now the best thing is for Mac to be the one to do it and Woolard is going to give him every chance to do it .... and please spare me your "4 years" crap. Anybody with hoops knowledge knows that's a ridiculous mantra and the reasons have been thrown out in here ad nauseum.

Bottom line....men's college basketball is too much fun & too important to let this garbage continue.

I realize that you're out of town and couldn't be there but Sunday was not garbage. It was a blast with a horrible ending. Need to see if we can build of it.

Quote from Tom Crean, Marquettte coach, from Greg's blog - "I can’t say enough about how good South Florida is, how good a coach (McCullum) is.â€Â

[smiley=roflmao.gif]

Yes, indeed......South Florida and our coach is so good, in fact, that they won't even qualify for the conference tournament.  Now THAT is what I call good.

My oh my......it's like trying to argue with someone who insists the sky is green.

This quote was an unsolicited opinion from a coach of a top 25 team right after they escaped with a win versus USF.  The context of the quote was that he has much respect for coach Mac and the way his team plays.  Tom Crean knows coaching, so does Jim Calhoun, and both guys gave unsolicited endorsements of CRM.  Say what you will, but there are no other motives behind those quotes other than respect.

We all want USF to win, but it doesn't happen overnight.  Mac is making progress, and let's see if it continues to progress.  This instant gratification mindset today from fans is sickening.

No. If you're refering to an article that was posted here last year, it turned out to be bogus.

I will put a guarentee out that if we wait until the end of CRM's contract Grant will not be around.

I will say there is a good chance he won't be back at VCU because there are numerous attractive jobs that will probably be opening this off season and he will be the top candidate for most.  (Michigan, South Carolina, Kentucky, FSU, and Iowa State to name a few.)

No worries. There must be dozens of top flight assts and rising head coaches at lower conferences that would LOVE to come here.

But I'd be surprised if Grant left VCU after just one year, anyway. He may have more integrity than that.....

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,499
  • Days Won:  13

[smiley=roflmao.gif]

No. If you're refering to an article that was posted here last year, it turned out to be bogus.

Oh okay i knewi heard it somewhere.