• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

For the Darksiders . . .

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827
  • Days Won:  0

remember, we started off the big east play against the best teams in the confernce.  some of the other teams that we are fighting for that 12th spot for still have to play these teams like Pitt, West Virigina, Marquette, and ND.

thats the thing that NO ONE wants to remember...

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

Quote from Tom Crean, Marquettte coach, from Greg's blog - "I can’t say enough about how good South Florida is, how good a coach (McCullum) is.â€Â

our opposition wants usf to keep rmc

our opposition wants usf to suck year after year

why would you believe anything our opponent would say

the lack of sophistication of our fans is laughable

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

i bet when rmc is fired not one big east team will offer this great coach a job

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293

i bet if RMC does leave he wont have much trouble finding a job.  probably wont be a HC position right away but he is a coach.  thats for sure.

• Topic Count:  961
  • Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

Lon Kruger will hire him again.

• Topic Count:  127
  • Content Count:  2,118

A very good coach is a coach that can win more than 3 conference games during his tenure with the team.

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293

guys...our entire program is lackluster.  if you want to pin 20 years of mediocrity on RMC's back go ahead.  but understand that its not like RMC walked into Indiana and lost all these conference games.  

RMC can coach.  he knows the game.  if you want to knock on him, do it for the fact that he hasnt really "recruited" anyone.  part of that was putting too much faith in a problem child (sills)  part of that is focusing more on transfers (probably knew he needed to add something fast)  part of that is injuries to his 2 best recruits (cann and howard)

whatever it may be.  however, you cant look at USF and say that our talent is equal to other teams in the big east.  i understand that in college sports its in large part, the head coaches job to keep the cupboard full, but like i said, its not like RMC walked into a prestigious program and tanked.  USF is not blessed with regional domination in basketball like we are in football.  infact, its the complete opposite, florida is one of the weakest states for high school basketball.  there are a lot of factors involved in why USF isnt doing so well.  i dont think RMC is completely to blame.  he takes some of it,  but getting someone else in here for what we are willing to pay wont do anything but start this whole 4 year cycle all over again and in 4 more years the same darksiders will be asking to fire the new coach.  RMC is trying to build a decent program and that takes more then 2 seasons in the toughest conference in the nation.

Guest JulmisteForPrez
Quote from Tom Crean, Marquettte coach, from Greg's blog - "I can’t say enough about how good South Florida is, how good a coach (McCullum) is.â€Â

[smiley=roflmao.gif]

The fact that someone other than RMC believes this line is hilarious!

Yes, indeed......South Florida and our coach is so good, in fact, that they won't even qualify for the conference tournament.  Now THAT is what I call good.

My oh my......it's like trying to argue with someone who insists the sky is green.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,694
  • Days Won:  424

A very good coach is a coach that can win more than 3 conference games during his tenure with the team.

That's kind of a low bar for a "very good" coach but I've got no problem calling Mac a very good coach...

Guest Rueben_Horowitz
guys...our entire program is lackluster.  if you want to pin 20 years of mediocrity on RMC's back go ahead.  but understand that its not like RMC walked into Indiana and lost all these conference games.

Understood. Thanks for the history lesson.

RMC can coach.  he knows the game.  

Great X's & O's right?

if you want to knock on him, do it for the fact that he hasnt really "recruited" anyone.

I do.

however, you cant look at USF and say that our talent is equal to other teams in the big east.  .

Has anyone ever said that our talent is equal to the other teams?

USF is not blessed with regional domination in basketball like we are in football.  infact, its the complete opposite, florida is one of the weakest states for high school basketball. .

UF won the national Championship in bb last year. I just want USF to sniff the Big Dance.  

there are a lot of factors involved in why USF isnt doing so well.  

TRUE

i dont think RMC is completely to blame.  he takes some of it,  but getting someone else in here for what we are willing to pay wont do anything but start this whole 4 year cycle all over again and in 4 more years the same darksiders will be asking to fire the new coach.  RMC is trying to build a decent program and that takes more then 2 seasons in the toughest conference in the nation.

FALSE. You have no idea how long it would take another coach to turn this around.

Keep spinning.

RR