• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

For the Darksiders . . .

Guest Ari_Hinkelberger

I still think we are years away from being good though.

This guy has got to recruit.  We are going to need someone to fill gransberrys shoes in two years and we are going to need a decent shooting guard to pick up buckley's missing presence.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

first time i agree with Ari.

Guest Ari_Hinkelberger

the darksiders have plenty to complain about.

the basketball program is in the total gutter.

#15 team in the country is in town on a sunday afternoon with no football or sports to speak of and we can't get 3K people in the building.

Reub, Herman and I sat in the front freaking row of the second section behind the marquette basket.

It was a pathetic site.

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293

do you have a picture?

according to the paper there was 4100 at the game, which still isnt good but get the facts straight.  and that you always try to speak for the other 2 just makes it seem more obvious that you are the same person

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,492
  • Days Won:  13

do you have a picture?

according to the paper there was 4100 at the game, which still isnt good but get the facts straight.  and that you always try to speak for the other 2 just makes it seem more obvious that you are the same person

was 4100 the number of tickets sold or butts in seats?

Guest JulmisteForPrez
And, if it is indeed the case that USF cannot buy out ONE STNKIN' YEAR of a contract that was apparently a mistake in the first place, our athletic department is in worse shape than most of us realize.

Actually, it would be two stinkin' years if you're talking about letting him go after this season.

I think Anthony Grant would be a great one to look at down the line in a couple of years if need be. He's not going to leave VCU after one year... besides, waiting until Mac's contract is over gives us a chance to see what Grant has done with three years under is belt ... IF Mac doesn't make it here.

Alright, Triple B.....good points.  Thanks for the civil discussion.  I appreciate that.

The more I see and hear about Grant (which is a lot since I live in Richmond now), the more I like.  The excitement he has created at VCU and around the entire greater Richmond area is impressive.  VCU home games are fun...especially since everybody expects a win (which they have been getting a LOT of lately).

I just hope we are ready to strike on Grant or someone like him when the time is right.  And yes, we are in the Big East primarily because of football, but you can't just use that as an excuse and let other athletics programs go down the toilet!!   [smiley=toilet_claw.gif]

Woolard was supposedly a basketball guy coming in from St. Louis....well, he needs to prove it now.  Do something to resurrect this program, or find another job.

Bottom line....men's college basketball is too much fun & too important to let this garbage continue.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,492
  • Days Won:  13

if its tickets sold id say the number actually there would be between 3000-3500.

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  919

Quote from Tom Crean, Marquettte coach, from Greg's blog - "I can’t say enough about how good South Florida is, how good a coach (McCullum) is.â€Â

[smiley=roflmao.gif]

The fact that someone other than RMC believes this line is hilarious!

Yes, indeed......South Florida and our coach is so good, in fact, that they won't even qualify for the conference tournament.  Now THAT is what I call good.

My oh my......it's like trying to argue with someone who insists the sky is green.

This quote was an unsolicited opinion from a coach of a top 25 team right after they escaped with a win versus USF.  The context of the quote was that he has much respect for coach Mac and the way his team plays.  Tom Crean knows coaching, so does Jim Calhoun, and both guys gave unsolicited endorsements of CRM.  Say what you will, but there are no other motives behind those quotes other than respect.

We all want USF to win, but it doesn't happen overnight.  Mac is making progress, and let's see if it continues to progress.  This instant gratification mindset today from fans is sickening.

Guest JulmisteForPrez
Quote from Tom Crean, Marquettte coach, from Greg's blog - "I can’t say enough about how good South Florida is, how good a coach (McCullum) is.â€Â

[smiley=roflmao.gif]

The fact that someone other than RMC believes this line is hilarious!

Yes, indeed......South Florida and our coach is so good, in fact, that they won't even qualify for the conference tournament.  Now THAT is what I call good.

My oh my......it's like trying to argue with someone who insists the sky is green.

This quote was an unsolicited opinion from a coach of a top 25 team right after they escaped with a win versus USF.  The context of the quote was that he has much respect for coach Mac and the way his team plays.  Tom Crean knows coaching, so does Jim Calhoun, and both guys gave unsolicited endorsements of CRM.  Say what you will, but there are no other motives behind those quotes other than respect.

We all want USF to win, but it doesn't happen overnight.  Mac is making progress, and let's see if it continues to progress.  This instant gratification mindset today from fans is sickening.

::) (sigh)

I liken the "Mac" situation to the Pat Julmiste situation.

Both super guys that everybody likes and is rooting for.  But both guys who, over time, proved to be in over their heads.  

Opposing coaches have the utmost respect for Mac because he is a good guy who works hard and does it right.  And that's to be commended...and that's why I wanted him to succeed sooooooo badly.  But I have come to realize (as have so many others) that he's a great guy who won't win many basketball games in the Big East.

So do Crean's comments surprise me?  Um, no.  Not in the slightest.

But is Mac a Big East caliber head coach?  Um, no.  Not in the slightest.