• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

This is the BIGGEST LOAD OF CRAP!!! >:(

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,786
  • Days Won:  3

Ya know, I appreciate that you guys love USF this much, but you also need a dose of reality.  Think about this for a moment:

How much business do USF oriented businesses do?  How long can they stay afloat solely selling USF gear?

Face it, USF only has so many fans buying gear.  In order to see these kinds of stores stay in business, they need to have sufficient revenue and profitability.  Therefore, selling other gear is the only way they can continue to operate.

Before someone gets on here telling me that they'll be fine, or tells me about info they may have for stores they work at, try thinking long term.  Right now, your information may be accurate, but a business isn't a three month proposition, it is supposed to be a permanent proposition.

Hey sport...no one asked for common sense, so do us all a favor and - next time you decide

to be rational - just let it go...just let it go. :-*

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  401
  • Days Won:  0

Look I know the guys at Bulls Heaven. I buy my stuff there. It dissapoints me that they sell gator stuff, they have had some stuff there before actually.

But these guys have to support a business. I own a business, and would never tell someone how to run their business. Because if things go bad, I'm not the one who needs to tell the wife its time to sell the house.

These guys give a lot of money to USF. They are Diehard USF no question. They have been supporting USF since you were in diapers. Show some respect. If you had half a clue about what these guys have done for USF, everyone would shop there.

The fact that you started this thread and work for a competing business is laughable. That's not good business, and you'll learn that eventually. There store is 10x better than yours anyways. These guys would never stoop to your level. Tons of people do and will continue to shop at Bulls Heaven because it has the best stuff, price, and service.

They are the best Bulls Store in town which is why they don't need to come on here and bash you. Instead, their customers and others do it for them. Thats called customer loyalty. Meanwhile, you're just giving them free advertising.

Remember, Pepsi is always comparing themselves to Coca-Cola. But Coca-Cola never talks about Pepsi.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

1) There's already a Gators Heaven on S. Dale Mabry. They're probably under the same ATM parent company.

2) Taco Bell doesn't sell McNuggets and Big Macs for a few months out of the year. It sells tacos. Chick-Fil-A doesn't sell burgers. They advertise, and indeed are named after, their chicken product. It is oxymoronic, and indeed moronic, for things to be any different. Therefore: Bulls Heaven should sell Bulls gear. Bulls Outfitter should sell Bulls gear. The USF Bookstore should sell Bulls gear. Gator Heaven can sell Gators gear all it wants.

3) Just an FYI - the USF Bookstore is no longer run by the University. It is run completely by Barnes and Noble. They do pay to be located on our campus, in fact, they paid a LOT of money to take over the bookstore. And it was also preposterous to think the USF Bookstore ever ran on breaking even. They're prices have always been so high because they're all about the profit and until recently there's been no competition.

4) I appreciate Bulls Heaven's existence. However, there has definitely been some shady business going on, and that type of mentality (in my opinion) doesn't belong in our little USF world. This whole supporting-the-Gators thing isn't a horrible thing on its own (though QUITE irksome), but it just adds to the list.

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  253

Doesn't she work for a competing store?  Sounds like a conflict of interest.  Personally, I don't see a problem if the sell merchandise that sells better than Bulls gear.  In order for these places to make a profit, they need to move merchandise.  If Bulls stuff isn't selling, then they have to look elsewhere.  When the Bulls are higher on the national spotlight list, I'm sure businesses like this can strictly cater to Bulls fans.  Until that time, I'm just happy I can find Bulls gear being sold at more than one place.

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  574

Wow.  I love the passion.

Now if we could only get this fired up about local stores selling Yankees and Red Sox gear.

Or the idiots you see at Bucs and Lightning games with a Bucs/Lightning jersey on with a Red Sox/Yankees hat.

That might change when we get a real major league team here, not the faux team that plays in the cockeyed dome...

That team you are referring to is going to field one of the best outfileds in all of MLB on opening day this year.  They have one of the best young pitchers in all of MLB.  They just a Japaneese star (Iwamura) who has won 6 straight Gold Gloves in Japan and has hit as many as 44 HR's in a season.

Oh and they now have the #1 rated farm system in all of MLB according to Baseball America.

And besides that, they are OUR team.  They are the (Tampa Bay) Devil Rays.

• Topic Count:  166
  • Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

Money makes the world go 'round...

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  574

Wow.  I love the passion.

Now if we could only get this fired up about local stores selling Yankees and Red Sox gear.

Or the idiots you see at Bucs and Lightning games with a Bucs/Lightning jersey on with a Red Sox/Yankees hat.

What does that have to do with anything? Showing up at a Rays game in Sox/Yanks gear may be a problem, but I don't think it's a problem (other, perhaps, than fashion) at a completely different sport.

Besides, I don't think the argument (at least mine isn't) is that Gators gear should be sold... just that it shouldn't be sold at a place called BULLS Heaven.

I get just as upset when I go into a local sports store wanting to buy Rays gear and they have a wider selection of Yankees and Red Sox gear than D-Rays stuff.

As much as I love this town I hate the lack of civic pride.  Everyone is too stuck on where they are from and not where they are.

I grew up in the DC area, which has a lot of transplants too.  And I don't ever remember seeing the the Redskins, Capitals, Wizards/Bullets, Orioles gear outnumbered in local stores.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,080

It's BUCS and Bulls Heaven and many BUCS fans are GATOR fans.  Its makes good business sense to sell what's hot at the moment.  It would be a different story if they were selling the Gator shirts at the Sun Dome.