• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Congrats Boise St-YOUR NAT'L CHAMPION

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  479
  • Content Count:  1,991
  • Days Won:  0

13-0, undefeated, the championship trophy makes it to Idaho.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,471
  • Days Won:  13

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Florida deserves the trophy. Hopefully it's the last time in my life that I will ever see that school win a championship.

• Topic Count:  479
  • Content Count:  1,991

Boy, its alot of fun to aggravate  you  ;D

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

I'm far from aggrevated. I knew the post was going to come and I had a good idea you'd post it. Only fools would call Boise State the National Champion. Put them up against either team tonight, or put them in some form of a playoff and they'd get freaking rolled. They had a nice season, but they played a very easy schedule and had a month to prepare for a Bowl game where they had to use every trick imagineable to beat a team who played like crap. DO you honestly think they'd survive a regular season playing in a BCS conference without 2 or more losses?

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016

13-0, undefeated, the championship trophy makes it to Idaho.

Yeah if they played one ranked team during the regular season maybe they would have an argument.

I hate it to death but you can't argue UF's 13-1 record beating 5 ranked teams- ARK, LSU, UGA, OSU, UT- playing 6 (Auburn), and playing against 11 bowl teams- USM, ARK, LSU, UGA, USC, OSU, UT, Auburn, FSU, UK, and Bama.  That's far and away better then BSU playing four bowl teams one ranked team OK, and barely beating three of them.

Guest Sprtsfn627

They played Oregon State and Hawaii, both of whom are ranked.

We just would never know without a playoff...who knows, maybe Florida would have taken them lightly?  Ya just never know unless they play the game.

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016

They played Oregon State and Hawaii, both of whom are ranked.

We just would never know without a playoff...who knows, maybe Florida would have taken them lightly?  Ya just never know unless they play the game.

Yeah, but with a playoff you're automatically assuming they would have made it to a championship game.  That would mean they would have had to beat 4 other top 10 teams (something UF has done) to win, do it in consecutive weeks without a month to prepare, and do it more than likely on the road at the opponents home field because a playoff system could not be played on nuetral turf and the bowls have already said before to the Universities that if a bowl system is played count them out.  We do know what would happen and the two best teams played tonight, unfortunately the better one was UF.

So, you can assume away.  Hawaii's ranking is about as impressive as BSU's schedule...yeah if USF could have 8 home games where opponents have to travel 7-8 hours by air to play you I think we would have won 10 games too, particularly with their schedule.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

ROFL AT THIS THREAD

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Go Boise State. Good year!