• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Thoughts on the basketball coach

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

I'm sorry if you don't like that I point out that you just keep regurgitating the same stuff over and over.  Let me know when you add some new material and get some credibility.  I'm waiting.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  1,911
  • Days Won:  0

I'm sorry if you don't like that I point out that you just keep regurgitating the same stuff over and over.  Let me know when you add some new material and get some credibility.  I'm waiting.

No, I dont want credibility.  Its obvious I dont care what people think of me.  I state my mind like I know all my fellow usf fans whom do not partake in this site think and feel the same about the situation.  I speak thre word of the 10,000 people not showing up for the games.  its not my fault they dont care as much as i do but I want them to, and i wont stop.  

Personally, i am tired of you being a little scootch.  Never commenting on the topic just calling people out.  I have seen you do it with smazza, reub, ari, flsports and numerouse others, but you have nothing to say.  you just say support your team, stop complaining blah bllah blah.  Well I can speak for the above mentioned in that in the big city thats not how it works.  Media chews up coaches that dont get the job done, fans criticize, but i guess i should be quiet and reserve my judgement for the end of the seaason.  Guys like you are too funny.

hey Mike, I'll see you at the mill monday morning 6am sharp, right?

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

I have plenty to say, and say it often.  I simply have very low tolerance for idiots that get on here every single day and say the same BS over and over again.  All you do is preach negativity.  If you don't like the fact that I'm going to point that out to you every time I see it, then simply stop.  Otherwise, I have the same opportunity to address your garbage as you have to post it.

You are accomplishing nothing with your garbage talk, so quit wasting everyone's time, Brad's bandwidth, and perfectly good space to celebrate USF with your repetitive dribble.

I have plenty to say, and say it often.  I simply have very low tolerance for idiots that get on here every single day and say the same BS over and over again.  All you do is preach negativity.  If you don't like the fact that I'm going to point that out to you every time I see it, then simply stop.  Otherwise, I have the same opportunity to address your garbage as you have to post it.

You are accomplishing nothing with your garbage talk, so quit wasting everyone's time, Brad's bandwidth, and perfectly good space to celebrate USF with your repetitive dribble.

Its cool you have an opinion.  See the problem is you have selective reading.  All you do is read the negative when it comes to me.  you dont see that I never post nothing but positive (mostly) when it comes to the football team.  Sure I am a little more animated when it comes to basketball because i played and watched the sport my whole life. I am a basketball guy.  It was a kick in the nuts to me for my alma mater to join the basketball conference I grew up in to do nothing but **** the bed.  What do you think they think of our program?  Sorry I care more than you do.

Herm - see you a the mill mike

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,511
  • Days Won:  422

They will move this thread to the mad cow lounge, this is a forbidden topic.  

I am totally disgusted at our situation in basketball especially the last 4 years and it stems from the athletic department to the director, down the ranks to especially the coach.  As for the coach, i dont like his approach.  From his bobby knight kind of disciplinary tactics, which only work for bobby knight, to his inability to recruit.  You cant treat guys like crap when they don't respect you.  This is obvious in the way players leave us all the time and now even alumni who come back to help go running for the door.  Mac is in way over his head on his approach.  This approach might work in central/western michigan (i dont know where he came from because i never heard of him) where you recruit the 2nd, 3rd or 4th best players on a high school team but coaching and recruiting that way will not work in the BE.  believe me the class coming in next year so far isnt much more impressive, check out www.scout.com., subpar at best.  In all honesty, would you play for a head basketball coach you have never heard of?  maybe you would, but he would have to have 1 of 2 things going for him.  1) he would have to have a proven track record on paper, and its obvious mac does not.  2) If you never heard of him, he better have charisma comng out of his ears.  Sorry to say mac isnt very suave or salesman like.  I see zero light at the end of this tunnell for being able to be competitive and one day a force in the big east. Sure I can see he has improved our team from last year and our starters and transfers are better players than we have ever had, but its too little too late.  I hate to say it but to have immediate success we should have tried to  or at least entertained the possibility of bringing in Bobby huggins.  K-state went from 6500 tix sold to 13000(luxury seat andall).  From a regular contract to a nike contract.  it will be only a year or two when you see kids running around in kansas state uniforms.  That could have been us.  

We missed the boat but we dont need to sit in the corner with our heads in our laps or try to ride out this perfect storm which has made us, if not unknown, looked at as a joke on an opponents record.  Dont believe me ask a Pitt, syracuse, wva, uconn, gtown, etc. etc. fan.  They will tell you.  

We CAN change.  I feel it has to come from new charismatic leadership.  We need to head in a new direction.  Why settle with competing, how about being a force.  The sky is the limit but for usf basketball it seems the limit is the sky.

snoring.gif

your right trip.  Lets just all take a nap and hope one day through osmosis we can compete.  

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

Here we go, another thread gone astray...

So which works best?  Osmosis or regurgitation?  I don't know.  But I'd guess waiting until the season's end while respecting our student-athletes and coaches as they compete is a safe bet.  After two years of the bitter vitriol we all pretty much know how you feel and you know how others feel.  So why not just go back to watching the games or sticking your face in a fan - whichever you find less painful.  The facts are CRM will coach the remainder of this season and be evaluated as any other coach has been - that seems to be the DW modus operandi.  And I don't think he reads this board for insight...chuckles maybe...but not insight.

Brad your absolutely right.  But its so sad that when football season goes on there are 50 threads going on about football but how dare we talk about or sorry ass basketball program.  If theres nothing nice to talk about lets just not talk about it at all.  Good call.  Lets ignore it like our ad does.  Im sorry to care about usf basketball.  

Since I have been atusf since 1997, all I wanted was to travel to the ncaa tournament and watch my bulls play.  It hasbt happened yet and with the current coaching and direction we have going on in the big east i guess i will just wait until hell freezes over.  So sorry i want to win. I apologize to everyone on this board because i know you all want to travel for bowl games but personally i want to travel to wherever, usa for the first round of the ncaa tournament, then maybe have to dish out some more cash to travle to the the final 32.  **** maybe in my wildest dreams my alma mater can make it to the sweet 16, i mean i have seen it happen to teams that arent the top 10 attended  universities in the country, but why us.  So sorry I expect more from our university.  I know we dont have money maybe i should dish out 500,000 for a coach, blah blah blah.  Get someone who can get the job done.  

We have a basketball coach!

discuss.

Hawaii I personally apoligize for expressing my opinion to your request to discuss what some of us felt about the coach.  Nice idea for a thread.  sorry the robots had to attack my honest assessment and once again make it a pissing match.  

herm - not anti mac just pro usf basketball.

• Topic Count:  160
  • Content Count:  1,378
  • Days Won:  1

They will move this thread to the mad cow lounge, this is a forbidden topic.  

I am totally disgusted at our situation in basketball especially the last 4 years and it stems from the athletic department to the director, down the ranks to especially the coach.  As for the coach, i dont like his approach.  From his bobby knight kind of disciplinary tactics, which only work for bobby knight, to his inability to recruit.  You cant treat guys like crap when they don't respect you.  This is obvious in the way players leave us all the time and now even alumni who come back to help go running for the door.  Mac is in way over his head on his approach.  This approach might work in central/western michigan (i dont know where he came from because i never heard of him) where you recruit the 2nd, 3rd or 4th best players on a high school team but coaching and recruiting that way will not work in the BE.  believe me the class coming in next year so far isnt much more impressive, check out www.scout.com., subpar at best.  In all honesty, would you play for a head basketball coach you have never heard of?  maybe you would, but he would have to have 1 of 2 things going for him.  1) he would have to have a proven track record on paper, and its obvious mac does not.  2) If you never heard of him, he better have charisma comng out of his ears.  Sorry to say mac isnt very suave or salesman like.  I see zero light at the end of this tunnell for being able to be competitive and one day a force in the big east. Sure I can see he has improved our team from last year and our starters and transfers are better players than we have ever had, but its too little too late.  I hate to say it but to have immediate success we should have tried to  or at least entertained the possibility of bringing in Bobby huggins.  K-state went from 6500 tix sold to 13000(luxury seat andall).  From a regular contract to a nike contract.  it will be only a year or two when you see kids running around in kansas state uniforms.  That could have been us.  

We missed the boat but we dont need to sit in the corner with our heads in our laps or try to ride out this perfect storm which has made us, if not unknown, looked at as a joke on an opponents record.  Dont believe me ask a Pitt, syracuse, wva, uconn, gtown, etc. etc. fan.  They will tell you.  

We CAN change.  I feel it has to come from new charismatic leadership.  We need to head in a new direction.  Why settle with competing, how about being a force.  The sky is the limit but for usf basketball it seems the limit is the sky.  

Some very good points, Herm