• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Thoughts on the basketball coach

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

You call them excuses, professionals call them REASONS.  I'll listen to the PROFESSIONALS...

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This guy is so undefendable it is just sad.  It makes me question peoples judgement to stand back and look at the lack of outrage on this board that surrounds this coaches performance.

I realize that you only have 3 posts, but perhaps you should look around here before making such a ridiculously incorrect statement.  There isn't a single bball discussion on this board that doesn't include someone attacking Mac ad nauseum.  In fact, nobody around here is allowed to be positive about bball because the Mac haters jump all over them

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,460
  • Days Won:  13

This guy is so undefendable it is just sad.  It makes me question peoples judgement to stand back and look at the lack of outrage on this board that surrounds this coaches performance.

I realize that you only have 3 posts, but perhaps you should look around here before making such a ridiculously incorrect statement.  There isn't a single bball discussion on this board that doesn't include someone attacking Mac ad nauseum.  In fact, nobody around here is allowed to be positive about bball because the Mac haters jump all over them

what is there to be positive about?

what is there to be positive about?

Improvement.  You may not like it, but the team has improved.

we shall see about that..... Is Louisville beatable?

• Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  2,213
  • Days Won:  3

Mike,

You are an "expert" with 10347 posts.  I invite you to use your 10348th to convince me that the BB program is headed in the right direction and that Mac is the guy.

he cant

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  642
  • Days Won:  0

I was just having this conversation last night with a good buddy of mine.

I don't think you can really knock coach mac for his "disiplinary tactics". In a time where youth is becoming less and less structured he provides our athletes with the tools they need to be a success after basketball. I commend him for standing up to the social trend of "accepted poor behavior".

That being said, he is an average basketball coach (at best) with very poor recruiting skills. He will never bring us success in the BE. I have a very strong feeling that there will be a coaching shake up in the next few years and we will gain a big name coach from the BE. One of whom is not winning the national title at a big time program. I'll let you guys throw some names around here and be creative.

Mike,

You are an "expert" with 10347 posts.  I invite you to use your 10348th to convince me that the BB program is headed in the right direction and that Mac is the guy.

I can't convince you of that, since I'm not positive of that myself.  All I did was point out to you that your post was absolutely incorrect, since every bball thread on this board includes multiple attack threads on Mac.  Sorry if you don't like that.

I am certain that we are seeing improvement from last year, and that is all I can ask Mac for.  I will continue to support our players and coaches throughout the season, because there will be no changes during that time.

• Topic Count:  31
  • Content Count:  1,297
  • Days Won:  0

Mike,

I can't convince you of that, since I'm not positive of that myself.  All I did was point out to you that your post was absolutely incorrect, since every bball thread on this board includes multiple attack threads on Mac.  Sorry if you don't like that.

I am certain that we are seeing improvement from last year, and that is all I can ask Mac for.  I will continue to support our players and coaches throughout the season, because there will be no changes during that time.

So I guess we just applaued poor play or keep our month shut for yet another season.  HMMM.