• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Thoughts on the basketball coach

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  693
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  1

We have a basketball coach!

discuss.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827
  • Days Won:  0

^^^^^^ i dont even wanna know where that is supposed to lead......

but anyway, havent we beat this horse to death yet?

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

There are people who are unhappy if they don't beat the horse every day, so I'm sure there's plenty of room for some more bashing.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Jim I don't get it. Are you suggesting to cook RMC in a pot?

Guest BasketBull.

I think Coach Fernandez is doing a great job. Remember where the women's program were a few years ago?

They just need a big victory to establish themselves. I still can't believe they lost that game to LSU the other day.

GO BULLS!

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  1,911

They will move this thread to the mad cow lounge, this is a forbidden topic.  

I am totally disgusted at our situation in basketball especially the last 4 years and it stems from the athletic department to the director, down the ranks to especially the coach.  As for the coach, i dont like his approach.  From his bobby knight kind of disciplinary tactics, which only work for bobby knight, to his inability to recruit.  You cant treat guys like crap when they don't respect you.  This is obvious in the way players leave us all the time and now even alumni who come back to help go running for the door.  Mac is in way over his head on his approach.  This approach might work in central/western michigan (i dont know where he came from because i never heard of him) where you recruit the 2nd, 3rd or 4th best players on a high school team but coaching and recruiting that way will not work in the BE.  believe me the class coming in next year so far isnt much more impressive, check out www.scout.com., subpar at best.  In all honesty, would you play for a head basketball coach you have never heard of?  maybe you would, but he would have to have 1 of 2 things going for him.  1) he would have to have a proven track record on paper, and its obvious mac does not.  2) If you never heard of him, he better have charisma comng out of his ears.  Sorry to say mac isnt very suave or salesman like.  I see zero light at the end of this tunnell for being able to be competitive and one day a force in the big east. Sure I can see he has improved our team from last year and our starters and transfers are better players than we have ever had, but its too little too late.  I hate to say it but to have immediate success we should have tried to  or at least entertained the possibility of bringing in Bobby huggins.  K-state went from 6500 tix sold to 13000(luxury seat andall).  From a regular contract to a nike contract.  it will be only a year or two when you see kids running around in kansas state uniforms.  That could have been us.  

We missed the boat but we dont need to sit in the corner with our heads in our laps or try to ride out this perfect storm which has made us, if not unknown, looked at as a joke on an opponents record.  Dont believe me ask a Pitt, syracuse, wva, uconn, gtown, etc. etc. fan.  They will tell you.  

We CAN change.  I feel it has to come from new charismatic leadership.  We need to head in a new direction.  Why settle with competing, how about being a force.  The sky is the limit but for usf basketball it seems the limit is the sky.  

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,325
  • Content Count:  96,791
  • Days Won:  468

They will move this thread to the mad cow lounge, this is a forbidden topic.

No it is not Hermie...your other rantings are forbidden.  Grow up.  You don't see reality with either situation.

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

^^^^^ broken record

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  1,911

^^^^^ broken record

Brad, the 1st line was a joke.  

Mike once again we appreciate your knowledgeable opinion on the subject.  Again, why is it you come on this site?  You add nothing.  You may not take what i write as educational or informative  but at least we all know its entertaining.  He who defends everything defends nothing.  

How about you talk about what mac has done well so far.   im waiting.