• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Donatiovia Bogan?  Is he good?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

Is this kid any good.  Hes a ATH and i saw him on scout that he was high on USF.  How good is he and wat is his ranking?

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  737
  • Days Won:  0

Never heard of him, couldnt find him on the scout or rivals index, or espn..

Of course Selvie was the same way  ;)

• Topic Count:  236
  • Content Count:  1,797

I don't know how good he is, but he played for Thomas County Central in Thomasville, Georgia and they are a big SW Georgia football power.  Charlie Ward played at Thomas Co. Central.  One comment he made in the article really gives some insight as to how important Matt G. is to USF.  Bogans came down and watched the Pitt game and his comment about that game was, "The quarterback completed passes to 10 different receivers.  All you have to do is get on the field and you have a chance to see the ball."  Or something like that.  Anyhow, why wouldn't a receiver want to come and play with Matt at QB?

Normal

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

I think the article Dave just posted on Rivals said he's 6'1" 190. And he said they're looking at him as possibly a WR or DB. Don't know much about him other than that

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  3,403

rivals now says if we offer him a scholarship he'll accept.  i hope we do if he's good.  his 2nd choice is UAB.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,748
  • Content Count:  37,653
  • Days Won:  29

Yahoo/Rivals:

If the scholarship offer comes on Jan. 12, Dontavia Bogan will be a South Florida Bull in 2007. According to Thomas County (Ga.) Central High School head coach Ed Pilcher, his star athlete is focused primarily on two schools – USF and UAB – but Bogan said Wednesday afternoon that he'll commit if the Bulls offer.

Bogan, who played receiver, safety and quarterback for Thomas County as a senior, will make an official visit to Tampa on Jan. 12, then travel to UAB on Jan. 19. Troy, Georgia Southern, Florida A&M and Bethune-Cookman have also been in the recruiting picture.

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016

my guess is the staff is thinking of Bogan as an insurance policy.  They seem to want Cadet more as that flex athlete that could play WR or DB, but if Cadet commits elsewhere then Bogan is Plan B.  Given his stats not a bad Plan B.

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  3,403

my guess is the staff is thinking of Bogan as an insurance policy.  They seem to want Cadet more as that flex athlete that could play WR or DB, but if Cadet commits elsewhere then Bogan is Plan B.  Given his stats not a bad Plan B.

ahh.  been waiting for info on this guy, considering he seems to be all for USF.  thanks.  glad to know we're getting to the point where we can withhold scholarships until we are sure we want someone.