• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Did anyone listen to 620 this morning?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

They were saying how could anyone expect USF fans to go to the SPTF to watch the basketball team when we could only get 5,000 fans to go to the bowl game. What horses’ asses they just need to look at the date of the game to see why only 5000 people went.

I'm all for chastizing the apathetic Tampa fan base. If you're a diehard USF fan, you shouldn't take this statement to heart. However, if you are a USF graduate that openly pulls for FSU or UF, and don't even bother supporting your alma mater, or if you are Tampa resident with no college afiliation, then this message was for you.

Winning will cure all, just look at the Lightning. If that doesn't work we can always guilt the Tampa Bay Area into supporting their local school.  ;D

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  2,276
  • Days Won:  0

I lost a lot of respect for Iam when he kept stating that the BIG TEN is so powerful, yet the BIG EAST is on par with the MAC. He did nothing but gave back handed compliment to the BIG EAST this season. What a BIG TEN homer.

Well...call him up at his next show...and ask him about how a weak ACC Team (Maryland) destroyed on of Big 10's powerful teams Purdue last night.

Could be a fun conversation!! (Hope more Big 10 teams lose their bowl games!)

Oh...you HAVE to ask him how another POWERFUL Big 10 Team Minnesota...who had a 31 pt lead with 7 mins left in the 3rd Q (38-7) could end up LOSING their Bowl Game to Texas Tech!!!

Watching those 2 Big 10 teams last night...powerful? More like laughable.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501

I thought Sileo was pumping the SEC as by far the best football conference.

• Topic Count:  84
  • Content Count:  1,479

Ian mentioned yesterday he was going to the Forum tonight to watch FSU play Wake Forest. He had no clue it was a doubleheader involving the Bulls...

And for that, I blame USF.

Ian is a prime example of the rest of the tampa sports fans. USF needs to market better. This game was a perfect opportunity to get the south tampa/downtown area excited about USF sports. From Gandy Blvd, the USF campus may as well be in Ocala.

Shoop, I disagree a little with you on this specific game. (Overall, I agree though). This game also has been marketed by the Forum ALL season, every Lightning game on TV(which is all but 1 or 2) has done a promo for this doubleheader(and the womens vs. Vandy, uf-famu game). So in this specific case, it is Ian being an idiot. But again, overall I agree we need a little better marketing on that side of town.

• Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827

Ian mentioned yesterday he was going to the Forum tonight to watch FSU play Wake Forest. He had no clue it was a doubleheader involving the Bulls...

And for that, I blame USF.

Ian is a prime example of the rest of the tampa sports fans. USF needs to market better. This game was a perfect opportunity to get the south tampa/downtown area excited about USF sports. From Gandy Blvd, the USF campus may as well be in Ocala.

Shoop, I disagree a little with you on this specific game. (Overall, I agree though). This game also has been marketed by the Forum ALL season, every Lightning game on TV(which is all but 1 or 2) has done a promo for this doubleheader(and the womens vs. Vandy, uf-famu game). So in this specific case, it is Ian being an idiot. But again, overall I agree we need a little better marketing on that side of town.

The Lightning, and the Forum, have done a great job keeping us aware.......USF, not so much.

• Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827

I thought Sileo was pumping the SEC as by far the best football conference.

He has. My point was that Sileo is an idiot.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,786
  • Days Won:  3

, if you are a USF graduate that openly pulls for FSU or UF, and don't even bother supporting your alma mater, or if you are Tampa resident with no college afiliation, then this message was for you.

Pretty fair judgement. It's obvious that the dedicated fans are going to make an effort - regardless - but it's the thousands of [highlight]alumni in the area that HAVE NOT SIGNED ON[/highlight] that could do a lot more for USF.

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  3,403

from what it sounded like watching the game on TV, the support for USF was pretty strong, perhaps the early FSU fans rooting for us too?

FSU fans around me were going for Wake to keep the ACC respectable.