• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What will our 2007 Record be ?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,473
  • Days Won:  25

11-2, I think we'll probably split the big four games and finally win ALL of the games we're supposed to win.

GO BULLS!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  2,343
  • Content Count:  21,362
  • Days Won:  10

Remember Leavitt says Ford has a ways to go, so I don't see him getting much time until forth quarter next year.  Grothe stays healthy we will be 11-2 I think.  

• Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  161
  • Days Won:  0

Don't get too excited or upset this season. The whole thing depends upon Grothe.

With Grothe starting all 13 games 9-4; losses to @ Auburn,@ Rutgers, WVA & Louisville.

These established WINNING teams WILL be prepared for USF and WILL play like Top 25 teams against USF. No established WINNER wants to give up ground to USF, a "new" winning team basically trying to climb up the backs of these established WINNERS. There's only room for 25 teams in the Top 25- a tough club to join.

For every game Grothe is not starting or stays in the game and plays injured WE ARE IN TROUBLE no matter the opponent. We are still a ONE MAN OFFENSE in my estimation and how the offense goes so goes the defense. Or so it was in 2006.

Anything substantially different in 2007?

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

We'll start off 0-0.  I picked 10-3

• Topic Count:  79
  • Content Count:  1,260

I think 10-3 is extremely realistic. Out of WVU, UL, and Auburn...there's no reason we shouldn't win at LEAST one of those games especially since we get WVU and Ul at home. If you count two losses there, you also figure that @ Rutgers and @Pitt are always tough games. Cincinatti should be a win since we've got them at home.

Elon, Syracuse, UCiF, North Carolina, UConn and FAU are all teams we are better than and "should" beat. (6-0) Go at least .500 against WVU, UL, Auburn, Rutgers, Pittsburgh and Cincinatti and we're 9-3. (If we can't go at least .500 against the tough part of our schedule, then we really haven't progressed like we should have)

If we win our bowl game, 10-3 is there for the taking. The biggest obstacle is whether we've finally gotten consistent enough to beat the teams we SHOULD.

Guest JulmisteForPrez
Remember Leavitt says Ford has a ways to go, so I don't see him getting much time until forth quarter next year.  Grothe stays healthy we will be 11-2 I think.  

I just wonder how much of Leavitt's comments are kind of a reverse-psychology kind of thing.

It's obvious Mike Ford has immense physical tools -- tools which need some sharpening after being out of football for a little while, sure.

But you don't run for that kind of yardage in big-time HS football if you aren't a legitimate future star.

Seeing him on film (from HS and prep school), this guy is a punishing runner with a STRONG desire to hit paydirt every time he touches the ball.  Hard to coach that attitude.

I'm thinking (hoping actually) that Leavitt is using this ho-hum tactic to motivate Ford to work his tail off this summer to be ready to step in to the starting role in the fall.

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

A+ game needed

auburn SEC road game 'nough said

A game needed.

people seem to forget that last year we held slaton in check and white beat us... this year we held both in check. unless WVU goes to walmart and buy's a defense i like our chances.

we beat RU last year, this year we barely lost with them getting all the bounces (is there anyone that thinks our offence will be worse when we play next). RU defense lost a lot of senior expeirence...i like our chances.

UL has the talent, but a new coach may not have it all together for a tough road game so toss up...but home game gives us a slight edge.

no stupid losses.

the rest.

• Topic Count:  646
  • Content Count:  7,890

13-0

just beat auburn and destroy the rest of the OCS and BE

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  738
  • Days Won:  1

I think a top 25 finish and another bowl win is a realistic expectation to keep this program moving forward.  A BIG EAST championship is not out of the realm of possibility, but I still believe we are a year or two away.  Remember, we need to keep possible injuries and suspensions in mind when predicting our record.  The season will not go perfectly, we learned that the hard way with Plancher, Ponton, Julmiste, Chambers, Watson, and Burnett last year.

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

Mike Ford will be the strting RB next season. Leavitt saying he has a ways to go is just to keep him motivated, focused, and busting his ass this off-season.

Remember, Leavitt made Grothe "earn it" last year by letting Julmiste go out and suck it up for a half against McNeese St. I would imagine that he doesn't make the same mistake again and will go with the most talented players, not just the most experienced.