• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What will our 2007 Record be ?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  79
  • Content Count:  1,260
  • Days Won:  0

Remember, Leavitt made Grothe "earn it" last year by letting Julmiste go out and suck it up for a half against McNeese St. I would imagine that he doesn't make the same mistake again and will go with the most talented players, not just the most experienced.

Not sure that Leavitt made Grothe earn it as much as he had no choice. let's not forget that C4 was the projected starter going into spring last year until he goofed up. Leavitt felt he couldn't hand the team over to just a redshirt freshman immediately...but the way PJ played, a change was a must from the get-go.

This is an entirely different situation. While not spectacular, Ponton and Williams are experienced options. As well, Aston Samuels has been showing alot of consistency..even in practices last year. If Ford starts this year, then he will have earned it...proving himself to be the best of some solid available choices. With Grothe, it was more a case of "well it can't get any worse...might as well give the kid a shot...". Fortunately, Matt has been more than up to the challenge.

Given that though...don't be surprised if Williams or Ponton start in the backfield going into Auburn. No doubt, we'll see a heavy dose of Ford...but he really needs to inspire confidence in the coaching staff in his route running and blocking before he leads us into a hostile environment...

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  172

at best 8-4

bulls have no chance against auburn

i hope we dont lose too bad or get any serious injuries

elam will not prepare bulls for auburn

I am so hoping you have to eat crow.

So if we make it to a bowl game, is this season a success?

• 5 months later...

• Topic Count:  502
  • Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

:ROFLMAO

This is fun stuff, considering Pitt and Navy are playing basketball during football season!

What does this have to do with this thread though?

• Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  849
  • Days Won:  0

at best 8-4

bulls have no chance against auburn

i hope we dont lose too bad or get any serious injuries

elam will not prepare bulls for auburn

wow!!!