• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Sounds like a rough scene in B'ham Friday night...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  1,400
  • Days Won:  0

yeah we left the five points area around 10:30 its nothing like ybor not much to do there

there was a lot of of ribbing between fans and just to show how prepared for this game birmingham we saw one police man in the few hours we spent there

did see the patty wagon sitting at the side of the road. :)

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293

yea during the TV broadcast one of the annoucers mentioned something about all the ECU fans at "dave's"

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

yea during the TV broadcast one of the annoucers mentioned something about all the ECU fans at "dave's"

2 + 2 = 4

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  175

the whole thing is being blown out of proportion.

It was a bunch of drunks yelling at anyone who walked by with Green and Gold on--- if you stuck around, they would call you names. This behavior continued throughout the weekend--- even with the score 24-7 --- these ECU "fans" were smack talking USF.

personally-- I feel that makes them just look stupid or at best imatators of the ESPN college gameday "wild and wacky and intense" type of fan. Yeah-- it's really not all that impressive to me, sorry.

No one was getting beat up by the police-- they were trying to stop the situation from getting out of control. ANd it could have easily gotten out of control (youth + booze factors were high).

I saw the entire scene from beginning to end in case you need to know.

• Topic Count:  963
  • Content Count:  9,765
  • Days Won:  9

It wasn't all bad.  Dave's was the Pirate bar and I passed by it right after the so called ruckus.  I went across the street and partied at Mellow Mushroom with a bunch of Bulls and Pirate fans and had a great time.

• Topic Count:  73
  • Content Count:  1,261

Truthfully, I thought the UCF fans were horrible until I met the idiots from ECU that I encountered in Birmingham.

I've never understood the "smack talk" $hit, but certainly didn't appreciate the level to which they were stooping.  Pure ignorance.

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  821
  • Days Won:  2

Well at least we probably will not be playing these teams from the bottom of the barrell in the future.

BCS game next year.

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,461

I walked by Dave's, did some good natured smack talking with them and kept moving. 95% of the ECU fans I met were nice people. Quite a few of them came up to me after the game in the hotel or on the street and said something congratulatory. The problem arises when their drunk idiot 5% mixes with our drunk idiot 5%...

• Topic Count:  287
  • Content Count:  3,078

whatever happened must not have been too big of a deal because I was all over five points and never saw anything too bad.  ECU fans were not that bad, nothing worse than you would expect to get in Athens or Gainesville.  Althought, ECU fans were generally dumber.  They could not process that they were 0-3 going into the game.  I even had someone try to talk crap AFTER tha game...