• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What are the USF Ticket Sales Looking Like?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827
  • Days Won:  0

It is obvious that no matter what day/date our bowl game will be played, someone will *****. Bottom line, is that if you wanna make it happen, you'll make it happen.

I'm a UPS driver. The 22nd is the last day before christmas for us. Needless to say, I wont be getting off until 9pm at the EARLIEST. Guess who's driving overnight? [highlight]That's right, we are.[/highlight] Quit your ******** and make it happen.

So, does that "we" include your wife and children?

Nope, it actually includes the 3 that are riding with me. There will be 15 total in our group. Some are leaving friDAY and us "late workers" are leaving friday night.

Look, I dont want my post to be misunderstood. I realize people have families and jobs and that those things take priority over football. I just dont like hearing people ***** about their team playing a bowl game on a SATURDAY. We've gotten lucky now with 2 saturday bowl games and both on holiday weekends. Just wait until we have a thursday night bowl in friggin Detroit or Toronto or Boise, Idaho. USF will sell 43 tickets and will forevermore have a reputation of not traveling well. Right now we have an OPPORTUNITY to make a statement. 2 bowl games. 2 very affordable bowl games. 2 saturdays. 2 stadiums within a 10 hr drive. You cant beat that folks!

Look, at this time of year with my job, it would be impossible for me to attend a weekday or weeknight bowl game, so I'm going to cherish these opportunities that we have as Bulls fans. I'm not gonna whine and moan about the date of the game. In fact, I dont care the reason WHY others cant go. If you cant go, you cant go. But dont whine and complain saying its a terrible date, because its not.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

I think that's an unsubstantiated rumor TX.  I believe it's the lil less than 5,000 given earlier.

More importantly at this point is that we get a good crowd. There probably won't be high amounts of sales unless a lot of people decide to go in the next few days.

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  1,981

I think the guy I talked to today over at the ticket office is more reliable.  Hope I'm wrong though.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,675
  • Days Won:  29

Look, I dont want my post to be misunderstood. I realize people have families and jobs and that those things take priority over football. I just dont like hearing people ***** about their team playing a bowl game on a SATURDAY. We've gotten lucky now with 2 saturday bowl games and both on holiday weekends. Just wait until we have a thursday night bowl in friggin Detroit or Toronto or Boise, Idaho. ... Right now we have an OPPORTUNITY to make a statement. 2 bowl games. 2 very affordable bowl games. 2 saturdays. 2 stadiums within a 10 hr drive. You cant beat that folks!

... so I'm going to cherish these opportunities that we have as Bulls fans. I'm not gonna whine and moan about the date of the game. In fact, I dont care the reason WHY others cant go. If you cant go, you cant go. But dont whine and complain saying its a terrible date, because its not.

[highlight]AMEN !

Great Post and really appreciate Shoop and EVERYONE else that is attending.[/highlight]

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,080

I'm not gonna whine and moan about the date of the game. In fact, I dont care the reason WHY others cant go. If you cant go, you cant go. But dont whine and complain saying its a terrible date, because its not.

I know it hard for you and many others to understand, but for someone to state an opinion (which differs from yours) isn't whining.

I don't care why you or anyone  choose to go or not to go either, but this is a discussion group and voicing opinions is what discussions are about.

As far as the 23rd of December being a terrible date for a bowl game goes, that's a matter of opinion, what works for you doesn't work for others, however the fact remains that historically football fans overwhelmingly have voted nay to attending bowl games scheduled in close proximity to Christmas.  Does it make them anyless of a "real" fan than those who choose to go?  IMO, the answer is...no it doesn't.

The game is scheduled for TV fans not for stadium goers.

Enjoy the game and as always GO BULLS.

P.S.  I hope we don't hear you "whine" when you can't get tickets to a future bowl game because you don't have enough priorty points and some Johnny-come-lately does.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  53

I think that's an unsubstantiated rumor TX.  I believe it's the lil less than 5,000 given earlier.

More importantly at this point is that we get a good crowd. There probably won't be high amounts of sales unless a lot of people decide to go in the next few days.

Your play by play guy was on local radio this week and he danced around the question when asked how many tickets had been sold. I got the impression he had the info and if it were 5,000 or more he would have said something, because the host told him we had sold about 5,800 on Wednesday.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,736
  • Days Won:  425

I know it hard for you and many others to understand, but for someone to state an opinion (which differs from yours) isn't whining.

It all depends on the presentation ...

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

It is obvious that no matter what day/date our bowl game will be played, someone will *****. Bottom line, is that if you wanna make it happen, you'll make it happen.

I'm a UPS driver. The 22nd is the last day before christmas for us. Needless to say, I wont be getting off until 9pm at the EARLIEST. Guess who's driving overnight? [highlight]That's right, we are.[/highlight] Quit your ******** and make it happen.

So, does that "we" include your wife and children?

Nope, it actually includes the 3 that are riding with me. There will be 15 total in our group. Some are leaving friDAY and us "late workers" are leaving friday night.

Look, I dont want my post to be misunderstood. I realize people have families and jobs and that those things take priority over football. I just dont like hearing people ***** about their team playing a bowl game on a SATURDAY. We've gotten lucky now with 2 saturday bowl games and both on holiday weekends. Just wait until we have a thursday night bowl in friggin Detroit or Toronto or Boise, Idaho. USF will sell 43 tickets and will forevermore have a reputation of not traveling well. Right now we have an OPPORTUNITY to make a statement. 2 bowl games. 2 very affordable bowl games. 2 saturdays. 2 stadiums within a 10 hr drive. You cant beat that folks!

Look, at this time of year with my job, it would be impossible for me to attend a weekday or weeknight bowl game, so I'm going to cherish these opportunities that we have as Bulls fans. I'm not gonna whine and moan about the date of the game. In fact, I dont care the reason WHY others cant go. If you cant go, you cant go. But dont whine and complain saying its a terrible date, because its not.

I,too have a spouse and 2 teenage sons. I also work full time.  I will be in Birmingham for the bowl and we will be bringing 2 other boys to support our bulls.  

Shoop is right. This is an affordable bowl within a reasonable drive.

Those who don't go because "this isn't a BCS bowl or the opponent isn't a BCS team are not True Bulls Fans

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,848
  • Days Won:  22

Well it looks like BOTH ECU and USF fans are sitting in ONE side of the stadium so im sure that will be the side shown on TV.

• Topic Count:  505
  • Content Count:  3,407
  • Days Won:  1

I guess that is the smart thing to do... As long as there are no overhead shots..