• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

ECU has sold 7,000 tickets

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  64
  • Days Won:  0

Dude......if ECU has more than us, that will be a real shame.  :(

Considering they had more people at THEIR home games than we had at OUR games -- I would expect them to have more people at the bowl game.

MEMPHIS -- 37431

WEST VIRGINIA -- 40510

VIRGINIA -- 35541

TULSA -- 34011

SMU -- 34141

MARSHALL -- 41372

Their smallest crowd was larger than our largest crowd this year.

Having visited Greenville, I can tell you that it is no surprise that they have decent attendance.  There is NOTHING there, nothing whatsoever for miles and miles.  Without ECU, that town would disappear.  There's something to be said for being the only game in town...

Based on the recent posts in this thread I'd say we have a few drunk posters tonight.  Please tell me what there is to do in Tampa on a fall Saturday that is so different from Greenville.  Just because you have more people living there doesn't mean there is more to do.  How naive.

And I drive 400+ miles to every home game and I know many that drive 4+ hours that live in the Richmond or DC area where there is PLENTY to do as well.  You dumbasses act like only people that live in Greenville come to the games.  Get a clue.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

;D

Wish all could enjoy jokes . . .

Greenville Sat. Night [highlight]<[/highlight] Tampa/St. Pete Sat. Night

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  104

Considering they had more people at THEIR home games than we had at OUR games -- I would expect them to have more people at the bowl game.

MEMPHIS -- 37431

WEST VIRGINIA -- 40510

VIRGINIA -- 35541

TULSA -- 34011

SMU -- 34141

MARSHALL -- 41372

Having visited Greenville, I can tell you that it is no surprise that they have decent attendance.  There is NOTHING there, nothing whatsoever for miles and miles.  Without ECU, that town would disappear.  There's something to be said for being the only game in town...

Based on the recent posts in this thread I'd say we have a few drunk posters tonight.  Please tell me what there is to do in Tampa on a fall Saturday that is so different from Greenville.  Just because you have more people living there doesn't mean there is more to do.  How naive.

And I drive 400+ miles to every home game and I know many that drive 4+ hours that live in the Richmond or DC area where there is PLENTY to do as well.  You dumbasses act like only people that live in Greenville come to the games.  Get a clue.

Now Now Jersey...Dees good ole boys dont means no harm...Iffen dey was wis me...Id offerm up a shot of somma my daddys corn squeezens...Jus cause dey from de big city aint no cause fo dat kinda talk.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

MEMPHIS -- 37431

WEST VIRGINIA -- 40510

VIRGINIA -- 35541

TULSA -- 34011

SMU -- 34141

MARSHALL -- 41372

Ok lets see

Busch Garndens

Shopping and dining in yobor city

Channel side

In the early season devil rays games (some people do prefer baseball to football as crazy as it sounds)

It is beach weather in tampa well into october

Florida aquarium and lowry park zoo for people with young kids

Tampa bay Lightning Hockey

The alumni of other state schools in the tampa area will attend football games where their 4 years of tuition wen

Some people save their day of in person football watching for the Bucs due to season tickets or a budget

Thats all i could come up with in about 2 mintues and im 100% sure thats more than what is in Greenville, especially because you dont ahve any professional sports teams.  

I guess it would save you somewasted money

It wouldnt be the first time...seeya in BMH

MEMPHIS -- 37431

WEST VIRGINIA -- 40510

VIRGINIA -- 35541

TULSA -- 34011

SMU -- 34141

MARSHALL -- 41372

Ok lets see

Busch Garndens

Channel side

In the early season devil rays games (some people do prefer baseball to football as crazy as it sounds)

The alumni of other state schools in the tampa area will attend football games where their 4 years of tuition wen

Some people save their day of in person football watching for the Bucs due to season tickets or a budget

Thats all i could come up with in about 2 mintues and im 100% sure thats more than what is in Greenville, especially because you dont ahve any professional sports teams.

I spent  a week in your area a couple of years ago on vacation at the Hilton/Clearwater...we enjoyed the trip...lots to do...drove to St.Pete and visited the Salvador Dali musem..pretty cool...One thing we both have in common...HOT as HELL.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  64

MEMPHIS -- 37431

WEST VIRGINIA -- 40510

VIRGINIA -- 35541

TULSA -- 34011

SMU -- 34141

MARSHALL -- 41372

Ok lets see

Busch Garndens

Channel side

Hmmm, as expected, the Houston excuse comes again.  Once again, they don't play NFL football on Saturday.  They play 41 home hockey games and the season doesn't start until October.  NO ONE goes to Devil Ray games.  Laughable.   Greenville has professional hockey 90 minutes away for anyone interested in Raleigh.  And if people choose the park or beach over 6 Saturdays a year THAT IS A COP OUT EXCUSE.  Go the other 46 Saturdays.  

Why can't you just admit people don't care about USF?  The only true thing you said was that the majority of people are watching their REAL Florida team of choice, whether it's FSU, UF or UM.

And BTW, Saturday nights in Greenville>Saturday nights in Tampa if you are talking about having a good time.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

I went to the game there a few years ago and got lost in the wilderness.  Good for them.  They love their team and soon they'll hear about electricity,

electristy????What am that??? I sho hope wes can gets us soma dat...Does day sell dat at the Walmarts??

Okay, the electricity part was a joke....

The rest was not.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Arguing Greenville v. Tampa from a "things to do" standpoint is like choosing between a crap sandwich and $10 Hambuger.

However, I think like most college towns quite a few of the fans drive in for the game. I went to the ECU game in 2002(or2003 can't remember the year) because a friend of mine was going to school there. We tailgated with his roomates family who drove over in a RV from Greensboro.

A big misnomer on this board is that some of the small college town team do so well attendance wise because "it's the only game in town."  

There are plenty of schools in small towns that can't draw dispite being the only game in town; Athens, OH and Troy, AL are good examples of that.

That being said, ECU has talked a big game about the number of fans they ar brigging and how little we'll bring. So far it doesn't look like they are going to ingulf the stadium in purple.

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,504
  • Days Won:  43

Why dont you USF fans give ECU credit??? Why do we have to be ashamed if ECU outdraws us??? Some of you make fun of ECU, but you have to understand that they have more tradition that USF. I think USF is doing well in attendence for only being around 10 years. Like upperdeck stated, he has a very long history with ECU. I wish I could say that my parents went to USF, but basically USF just started having a school back then.  It will take generations of alumns to help USF attendence for both bowl games  and home games in my opinion. ECU is very excited about making a bowl game because they have had some bad years during the last five seasons.