• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Dawsey looks to be headed to FSU

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,508
  • Days Won:  13

This would be like Amari Jackson getting a job 10 years down the line coaching at SMU. He likes SMU but when USF calls and offers him the same job. Where do you think he will go?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

So you are comparing a 1 year relationship to his 3 years here ... and some 4-5 years as a Buc in Tampa vs. 4-5 in Tally ?

Tampa > Tally

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

he also played here in tampa for the bucs, so he has ties here as well

but hes looking for a college "step up" at this time not a pro job so the fact that he played here has not bearing on his new profession.  

it is sad that you had to explain the distinction

good riddance i say

and bring in a better coach that stresses fundamentals of position

• Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,508
  • Days Won:  13

;D ;D ;D ;D The fact that he dosent get it has to make you wonder how he got into USF.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  141
  • Days Won:  0

So you are comparing a 1 year relationship to his 3 years here ... and some 4-5 years as a Buc in Tampa vs. 4-5 in Tally ?

Tampa > Tally

ET,

Tampa may be > than Tally, but not at his level of coaching experience.  At some point he has to make a move up the ladder, and a position coach at FSU is higher up that ladder than a position coach at USF.  It's really as simple as that.  When you factor in it being his alma mater (whom I'm sure most would have a much higher loyalty to than any professional team) and a coach that gave him his first job, it's pretty clear cut.  

Except for those that are Mocs.  Blinded by their own inferiority is understandable  ;)

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016

A move to FSU as a receiver coach, the same job he holds in Tampa, IS NOT moving up the ladder.  That's silly, if Dawsey is to go it's solely based on two scenarios an increase in pay, and a strong desire to work at his alma mater.  That's it, don't make it more than what it is.  He's had other offers at other places the past two years in which he turned down because they were purely lateral (i.e. just going to be receivers coach elsewhere), and because he has strong ties in this area.  He spent six years as a Buc and he has a home, his family, and long standing relationships are in Tampa.  

For this to even happen FSU first needs to select an OC then see who HE WANTS as receiver coach.  I highly doubt, particularly as hands off as he's been the past two years, that Bowden would hire a receivers coach BEFORE he hired an OC.  The OC might want to put his own people in that run the system he likes.  If I am Dawsey I would be leery though, Bowden might have 3-4 more years left in him at FSU, remember he's 79, and if Bowden goes where would that leave Dawsey?  He knows in Tampa the HC is stationary and the new contract insures annual raises.  Don't sell him down the river just yet, this one isn't a done deal.

From what I know I wouldn't expect this will be an easy decision for Dawsey.  It isn't the no brainer that many are making it out to be.

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016

he also played here in tampa for the bucs, so he has ties here as well

but hes looking for a college "step up" at this time not a pro job so the fact that he played here has not bearing on his new profession.  

it is sad that you had to explain the distinction

good riddance i say

and bring in a better coach that stresses fundamentals of position

Funny, you don't have one clue about what you're talking about.  The stats don't lie, our receivers have improved exponentially each year since Dawsey arrived.  When he arrived our receivers were a mess under Pajic, the players hated him, the recruits were marginal, and the fundamentals were sorely lacking.  Since his arrival all Dawsey has stressed is the fundamentals.  If you had any clue you'd know announcers all year have been commenting on the excellent down field blocking by guys like SJ Green, Johnson, and Hill.  Dawsey has turned Taurus Johnson into a legit all-conference selection next year, and made the receivers a real big time threat.

Put aside his incredible recruiting prowess.  One of his recruits, Carlton Mitchell, Leavitt said just the other day this kid is special.  All world athleticism, one of the fastest players on the team, and he's just blowing up the opposition in practice right now.  If he goes we'll find a good replacement but do not doubt Dawsey's value, if you do then you really don't have a clue what you're talking about.

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  3,403

I believe Bowden is 77, not 79.  Let's not add years  :)

• Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

USF has had 2 position coaches go on to be OC's at BCS teams.

Staright up it is a lateral move.

Agree with Bien that it would be money PLUS the desire to go back to his school ... but would say money would be the biggest reason.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501

If he goes we'll find a good replacement but do not doubt Dawsey's value, if you do then you really don't have a clue what you're talking about.

What is the matter with you S_Bien.  If ?  If?  How many times does smazza need to post before you remove the if.  NO CLUE IS CORRECT !  DO NOT RESPOND TO HIS POSTS.  Now say that five times.  Don't stop posting but just ignore his stuff,  you have to much valuable input.