• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

its offical I have gone to the dark side

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  2,052
  • Days Won:  0

I have stated my stand in another post. I have and always will support the USF teams in any endeavor. BUT, after giving many benefits of the doubt concerning Mac, I have to say I have had enough. After the debacle against Richmond, and observing the coaching "techniques" of Mac and the assistants, I feel a change is needed. Glaring at a player when a time out is issued for almost 15 to 30 seconds and then yelling at them, or getting in their face if taken out of a game, not talking to them and teaching them, is an outrage. A coach is a teacher, not reserved for practice, but in a game situation as well. I tried to do a comparison of both coaching staffs from this game. Not only was the Richmond head coach encouraging, he was teaching. If he wasn't talking to a player, his assistants were. There was more involvement in interacting with a player than bees hovering around a queen bee. Our coaches would just sit there. Coach Burnell looks like he's going to fall asleep and the others look scared to death. I am sorry, but actions reflect on players. When Coach would get in the face of the player, the body language was that of defeatism. How can we win if we are going to fear the rath of a coach who is a dictator. Not todays ballplayer. Discipline is one thing, but the iron fist of coaching is gone as fast as the dust. A new wind of change has to come to USF. Unfortunately Coach Mac may think he's doing his best, and if that is the case, I applaud him. But his best is not working for us at this level. Coach is a great guy, but maybe he's in way over his head here at USF!     Reaper

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  175

this is going to be the longest basketball season ever recorded on the planet if we keep this pace up

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501

People are to wound up.  At least Bullfreak can enjoy a little humor.  At least I tried.  MikeG,  go read my post - tell me you didn't smile at least a little.

• Topic Count:  238
  • Content Count:  4,139
  • Days Won:  1

Jabba the Mutt is not swayed by either side...    ;D

• Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  175

People are to wound up.  At least Bullfreak can enjoy a little humor.  At least I tried.  MikeG,  go read my post - tell me you didn't smile at least a little.

I give up-- I am officially leaving the beating of the dead horse topic. I'll just watch the games and be a fan and forget I have soe message board to talk aboutthis crap anymore because I'm exhuasted by this non-stop BS exhibited by these people pretending to be so concerned about the program but restating the same tired complaints.

I know that won't stop anyone. But even Muhammed Ali needed someone to stop the fight when enough was enough.

consider me MikeG-Frozen-In-Carbonite

• Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

this is going to be the longest basketball season ever recorded on the planet if we keep this pace up

It already is ......  ::)

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  3,403

you are right.  losing to richmond is a TERRIBLE PACE FOR THE SEASON after almost also losing to STETSON!  longest season ever, indeed.

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  3,403

I give up-- I am officially leaving the beating of the dead horse topic. I'll just watch the games and be a fan and forget I have soe message board to talk aboutthis crap anymore because I'm exhuasted by this non-stop BS exhibited by these people pretending to be so concerned about the program but restating the same tired complaints.

I know that won't stop anyone. But even Muhammed Ali needed someone to stop the fight when enough was enough.

ok, meanwhile there will be people not content with losing to richmond.  if you are going to pester people about that you might as well stop bothering.  it is unacceptable to lose to richmond after the last few seasons.  

• Topic Count:  646
  • Content Count:  7,890

Jabba the Mutt is not swayed by either side...    ;D

Mutt are you going to the bowl game

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  122

My complaint is Bulls Basketball has become boring and laughable. I am a football season ticket holder and fly down from DC for almost every game. I would never get on a plane to come watch this basketball team. You have to realize that not every Bulls fan is going to be as hardcore as some. That is evident by the number of fans that attend basketball games.

Put a program out there that is respectable and people will show up. I don't care what world you live in (even if it is green and gold), a Big East team losing to teams like Richmond, Texas A&M - Corpus Christy, Bethune Cookman consistantly is unacceptable. I really don't care who's falt it is. The fact of the matter is that as long as this is occuring, Bull Basketball will be a joke and the majority of fans will not support it. That is reality, and some of the people on here need to take off the green and gold glasses and realize it.