• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Need tickets, Please

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  113
  • Days Won:  0

i'm a recent student/athlete grad(summer 06) looking for 4-6 tickets that someone would be willing to donate that can't make it to BHAM. i have some current student/athletes that defenitely want to go but are broke just like me and didnt have time to camp out for tickets. if anyone could help us out we would greatly appreciate it. thanks.

GO BULLS!!!

Pat

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  118

Ok, this is going to sound mean, but I have a hard time believing you can't cough up $30 for a ticket. You can travel to B'ham but can't afford the ticket. Maybe you shouldn't be going.  :'(

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  113

sorry we're not rich. figured since a lot of alum donate tix bc they can't go for some reason we'd try this route.

why not donate to us...at least our butts would be in a seat for sure.

• Topic Count:  151
  • Content Count:  1,037

go to mattgrothe.com they are giving away 2

• Topic Count:  134
  • Content Count:  1,158

ptimario:

Unfortunately, if anyone gave you tickets for current student athletes, that would be an NCAA violation.  So I am strongly encouraging everyone here not to help them out.  It is unfortunate but they could have gone to the SunDome and gotten a free ticket as well.  Tell them to check with their head coach to see if the Athletic Department is doing anything that the NCAA will allow to help current student athletes out.

Eric

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Content Count:  6,766
  • Days Won:  3

Eric,

Thanks for pointing out the delicate balance when it comes to

this sort of thing. It's very easy to get caught up and cross the

line that could damage the individual or the program.

Also, I think zoomer and & are on the same page.

This sounds like someone looking for free tix for

his buds.  ;)

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,831
  • Days Won:  22

What about the extra tickets that some of us are buying and donating back to USF, have those been given out already and are they going to be vailable to students later on?

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,466
  • Days Won:  25

I wonder what the difference is from the school donating tickets and an individual donating tickets?

If a student/athlete stands in line for a "donated" ticket, does the NCAA mandate where they come from?

I believe, and Eric or Vicki or someone correct me if this is wrong, that student athletes are allowed to receive the same "benefits" any student could get.  Which means they would be allowed to stand in line for free tickets that any student could get... but they are not allowed to get "benefits" because of their athlete status - that would be an NCAA violation.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

That is right Jim, when the tickets were available for all students last week SA's could wait in line for the tickets like every other student and it would be ok because it is a giveaway that all students could participate in.

However, if someone gives tickets privately to any SA, you're treading on dark waters. While it wouldn't be a major violation, there is nothing worse than having to self report small booster violations to the NCAA, as it is the institution's job to make sure all boosters (meaning anyone who has every paid for a ticket for a USF game) know the rules.