• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

It has to be UFvsOhio ST!!!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  574
  • Days Won:  0

How in the Hell can you go to a school and be a fan of another school's athletic program instead of your own???  :-?

That doesn't even make any sense.  Are there kids at Chamberlain that are fans of Plant, Jesuit, Armwood, etc. ???

If you go to USF or any school and root against that school's teams vs. another university, you should be shot for being an absolute idiot.  I support all of the Florida teams, except for UCF  ;D, but USF will always come first if they play the Gators, Noles, or Canes.  I have never even stepped foot on any of those campuses.  I grew up in Maryland and was a HUGE Maryland basketball fan.  I also liked Georgetown.  Do you think I would ever dream now that I am a USF alumn that I would ever root against USF if they played MD or Georgetown in basketball?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  136

Thank You jd, I mean it is just the point of it.  DON'T GO TO USF IF YOU DON'T WANT TO BE HERE.

I am a Freshman and have been to every basketball and football game.  I am also making the trip to whatever bowl game we go to.  I love it here and would not want to go to any other university.  So all this I go to a school, but I am not really a fan thing doesn't work for me.

You get into the sporting events for free, so there is no reason not to go.

The only exception I could see is if you graduated from one school and then went to another for grad school or just to get a 2nd degree.  The school you went to first would probably have priority in your heart.  But, if you never went to a school....that doesn't even make sense.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  44

How in the Hell can you go to a school and be a fan of another school's athletic program instead of your own???  :-?

That doesn't even make any sense.  Are there kids at Chamberlain that are fans of Plant, Jesuit, Armwood, etc. ???

If you go to USF or any school and root against that school's teams vs. another university, you should be shot for being an absolute idiot.  I support all of the Florida teams, except for UCF  ;D, but USF will always come first if they play the Gators, Noles, or Canes.  I have never even stepped foot on any of those campuses.  I grew up in Maryland and was a HUGE Maryland basketball fan.  I also liked Georgetown.  Do you think I would ever dream now that I am a USF alumn that I would ever root against USF if they played MD or Georgetown in basketball?

Classy post buddy..

well i am not normally for putting my life biography on message boards.. but since u asked..

I use to live in ohio, got hooked to the ohio state passion... I played football for a team called solon (were at one point ranked #12 in country).. but anyways.. we r in the upper cleveland area.. We played glenville (Ted Ginn Jr, Troy Smith, Ray Small, Robert Rose, Donte Whitner, Curtis terry).. We also played St. Ignatious who had tony gonzalez... I also worked out at a nationally known training facility where all those guys worked out... many college and pro athletes worked out there also, the owner of that place was Eric Lichter (who is now the strength coach at OSU)... So i by nature root for these guys.. and the passion of ohio state football..

I moved to florida halfway thru HS and now go to usf.. I go to USF because of economics, its a lil more exspensive to go out of state...

Comparing rooting for a high school team and college team is a lil different scenario.

Saying rooting for college teams that u odnt go to is idiotic... How mnay people across the country do this?? How mnay people who never go to college do this..

Again i am not bashing USF by any means.. I have a difference of opinion thats all..

i again dont mena to tell my life story but mr tuff guy decided to call me out...

The only exception I could see is if you graduated from one school and then went to another for grad school or just to get a 2nd degree.  The school you went to first would probably have priority in your heart.  But, if you never went to a school....that doesn't even make sense.

With a theory like that....

I guess people who dont go to college are NOT ALOUD to root for any college sport then right??

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  594

USFBuckeye, Weren't you the one on the other website telling everybody, "I go to USF, but I don't like the football team?"  Didn't you also say nobody picks USF as thier first choice and that is a back-up school?

I thought you were a Buckeye fan through and through.

very tru... tho i am not a usf fan, i do attend the school and like creeping around on message baords...

my apologies for being off on the number of games weve had ovr 40 thou..

Altho i do not come here to trash usf at all... I just saw a broad topic and decided to put forth my opinion...

And i no u gusy think im gonan sya Ohio is the best.. I do think the midwest passion is unmatched from any state...But i feel its texas, not only do they have passion but they have the athletes... Those big 3 texas schools r always sold out and rockin...

and i didnt say nobody goes here as there first choice... My quote was "outside of medical students, i have met very few people who came to usf as there first choice"....

My statemtn there was not attempting to down USF, someone said "thats y our student fan base sucks(i didnt say that soem other dude did)"... The i said no this is why... its a pretty accurate theory as to why u see so many other team colors around the school.. It may b an unfortunate theory but it is tru..

And again i dont want people saying i should get banned and stuff cause i am not here bashing u... I was actually dissapointed USF didnt go to a better bowl, even with a win agaisnt ecu i doubt they will get the resepct...

but anyway thats it.. good luck to u guys in the bowl

Are you drunk? I can barely read this.

As for comparing Ohio and Florida as football states, there's really no comparison. The nature of the universities in each state is so different, it's just... different. Ohio was founded in 1804. Miami was founded in 1809. Ohio State didn't come around until the 1870's, and even then it was Ohio A&M. Ohio, Miami, and the later schools of BGSU and Kent State (Toledo was a private school the state absorbed, and Akron and Cincinnati are kind of crappy schools) were the academic schools of the state, while OSU was the vocational one. (Hence the A & M part.)

OSU later got a president whom was close with the governor and shifted nearly all the state's higher education funding to Columbus. That's why OSU has 60,000 students and everyone else (UC excepted, if it helps you to think of UC as a USF clone then that would work) is in the 20,000 range. That's a bit of an oversimplification, as Kent has 30,000 students and Miami has 16,000... but you get the point.

Schools in Ohio are also located in rural areas, not cities. Athens, Oxford, and Bowling Green all have populations roughly equivalent to the student population (20,000 or so). There are no Division I-A programs in Florida located in far-off, unpopulated areas. It's not easy to attract fans in these rural areas, first and foremost because they are poor (particularly in Appalachia, where Ohio is located) and second because NOBODY LIVES THERE. And then you have jokers like this USFBuckeye dude who cheer for Ohio State even though they don't go there, which I find laughable and pathetic. If you want to cheer for Ohio State, though I cannot fathom any reason one might want to, GO TO THAT UNIVERSITY. It's not like it's hard to get into or anything.

With a theory like that....

I guess people who dont go to college are NOT ALOUD to root for any college sport then right??

If you never went to a school then obviously you are going to be a fan of a school you didn't go to.  Many people root for their state school's even if they didn't go there.  But, once you go to a school that is a different story. Your college is a part of who you are and a huge part of your life.  I just don't understand how you can be a student/alumni of school A and root against them when they play school B.  That just doesn't make sense.  

I went to High School with guys that went to Maryland, Canisius, Wake Forest, Pitt, UVA, etc.  If I based my allegiance on where the kids I played High School football with and not the school that I personally went to then I would have some major split loyalties.  But, I just choose my loyalties based on my life experiences and not the one's of the guys I played High School football with.  That's just me, though.

USFBuckeye, Weren't you the one on the other website telling everybody, "I go to USF, but I don't like the football team?"  Didn't you also say nobody picks USF as thier first choice and that is a back-up school?

I thought you were a Buckeye fan through and through.

very tru... tho i am not a usf fan, i do attend the school and like creeping around on message baords...

my apologies for being off on the number of games weve had ovr 40 thou..

Altho i do not come here to trash usf at all... I just saw a broad topic and decided to put forth my opinion...

And i no u gusy think im gonan sya Ohio is the best.. I do think the midwest passion is unmatched from any state...But i feel its texas, not only do they have passion but they have the athletes... Those big 3 texas schools r always sold out and rockin...

and i didnt say nobody goes here as there first choice... My quote was "outside of medical students, i have met very few people who came to usf as there first choice"....

My statemtn there was not attempting to down USF, someone said "thats y our student fan base sucks(i didnt say that soem other dude did)"... The i said no this is why... its a pretty accurate theory as to why u see so many other team colors around the school.. It may b an unfortunate theory but it is tru..

And again i dont want people saying i should get banned and stuff cause i am not here bashing u... I was actually dissapointed USF didnt go to a better bowl, even with a win agaisnt ecu i doubt they will get the resepct...

but anyway thats it.. good luck to u guys in the bowl

Are you drunk? I can barely read this.

As for comparing Ohio and Florida as football states, there's really no comparison. The nature of the universities in each state is so different, it's just... different. Ohio was founded in 1804. Miami was founded in 1809. Ohio State didn't come around until the 1870's, and even then it was Ohio A&M. Ohio, Miami, and the later schools of BGSU and Kent State (Toledo was a private school the state absorbed, and Akron and Cincinnati are kind of crappy schools) were the academic schools of the state, while OSU was the vocational one. (Hence the A & M part.)

OSU later got a president whom was close with the governor and shifted nearly all the state's higher education funding to Columbus. That's why OSU has 60,000 students and everyone else (UC excepted, if it helps you to think of UC as a USF clone then that would work) is in the 20,000 range. That's a bit of an oversimplification, as Kent has 30,000 students and Miami has 16,000... but you get the point.

Schools in Ohio are also located in rural areas, not cities. Athens, Oxford, and Bowling Green all have populations roughly equivalent to the student population (20,000 or so). There are no Division I-A programs in Florida located in far-off, unpopulated areas. It's not easy to attract fans in these rural areas, first and foremost because they are poor (particularly in Appalachia, where Ohio is located) and second because NOBODY LIVES THERE. And then you have jokers like this USFBuckeye dude who cheer for Ohio State even though they don't go there, which I find laughable and pathetic. If you want to cheer for Ohio State, though I cannot fathom any reason one might want to, GO TO THAT UNIVERSITY. It's not like it's hard to get into or anything.

Its not hard to get into??? Are u kidding me??? OK we are talking football... but dont even try to compare the academics at USF to ohio state.. please... OSU is ranked the 50 soemthing best school.. Meanwhile USF is in the 300s... Yes USF is feverishly trying to get better, I dont know who ur sources are, check wallsreet journal, check us news, check princeton review ...OSU standards are what UF's standards are...

But anyway.. How can u hate on soemone for loving a school and a team but cant go because they cant afford it?? There are so many diff situations as to why people go to schools..

i always think its funny when people try to insult peoples intelligence by veiwing there typing skills.. its very funny..

I am not trying to create enemies here.. I saw a post and had a diff of opinion.. I am not anti usf... I am not an ECU or UCF fan talkin smack.. just contributing to a post...

Im sorry yall dont dont agree with my thinking.. But to say u cant root for another school just because u cant attend it is very nieve and close minded.. again i am waiting for ur response on the "well what if u dont go to college, then are u not aloud to root for the team?"

and its funny how u guys will attack soemone who goes to usf and doesnt root for the team... If u met an fsu student who rooted for usf what would u do?? tell him he needs to root for fsu?? doubtful..

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  136

You can root for another team, but to not even acknowledge YOUR universities team is ridiculous.  I have been a Hurricane fan for my whole life HOWEVER if there is a Hurricane game on and a USF game on I will watch the USF game.  If USF is not playing then I will watch the canes.  I even was at the Orange Bowl Thanksgiving night, and I was thinking about wearing my USF stuff (but then thought better of it, if you have been to the Orange Bowl you know what I am talking about.)