• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

ECU/USF matchup...not good for either school

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  104
  • Days Won:  0

Unless terrorists hold the stadium hostage....NOBODY will watch the game but USF/ECU fans.  ECU has been to more bowls and has been on TV more than USF....But still is considered an also-ran bridesmaid nationally. Although USF is certainly the fastest growing successful program in D1....Nationally...Almost nobody knows dittle about the school or could even care...Only the big 3 in Fla really matter.  

I hope personally that USF goes north and PITT comes to Birm. to play ECU...simply because it would be a better shot at national exposure than our potential matchup....and yes...I think the PITT would be easier to defeat.  No disrespect to the USF program intended by my comments....I think USF is a fine school and great team and deserves to be in the Big East...You guys owned us in 2 3/4 games and my hat is off to you....I would love to have another shot at USF in some reg. season games...but this matchup does the Pirates very little good.    If I get my wish....You guys need to cash in some airline miles and still nobody will watch you play.....good Luck

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,472
  • Days Won:  35

Take all of that "hope" you have of beating PITT.....bottle it up.....and throw it out. Go check out the NCAA By-laws regarding 6-6 bowl teams.

Oh, and by the way, we owned you in three games. We here at USF play 4 full quarters of football and the final scores are what counts. Can't wait for number 4! Then maybe all of the ECU fans will realize why USF was taken over their program by the BE.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

USF has peaked the Nation's curiousity ...

Ratings will be better since USF's victory over WVU to close our regular season.

• Topic Count:  515
  • Content Count:  7,379
  • Days Won:  3

Unless terrorists hold the stadium hostage....NOBODY will watch the game but USF/ECU fans.  ECU has been to more bowls and has been on TV more than USF....But still is considered an also-ran bridesmaid nationally. Although USF is certainly the fastest growing successful program in D1....Nationally...Almost nobody knows dittle about the school or could even care...Only the big 3 in Fla really matter.  

I hope personally that USF goes north and PITT comes to Birm. to play ECU...simply because it would be a better shot at national exposure than our potential matchup....and yes...I think the PITT would be easier to defeat.  No disrespect to the USF program intended by my comments....I think USF is a fine school and great team and deserves to be in the Big East...You guys owned us in 2 3/4 games and my hat is off to you....I would love to have another shot at USF in some reg. season games...but this matchup does the Pirates very little good.    If I get my wish....You guys need to cash in some airline miles and still nobody will watch you play.....good Luck

So what your saying is people might want to watch Pitt, not that they will want to watch ECU any more or less.

Trust us, your not the date we wnat for the dance either.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

terrible for usf

players will never be able to get up for such a low rent opponent

but even with such a talent discrepancy,usf will win

The game is held at 1:00pm EST on the busiest shopping day of the year.

Nobody is going to be watching anyway.  I don't think if OSU played UM on December 23rd that it would have a large audience.

The game is not about exposure as much as it's about the extra cash for the university and the extra practice time and a 13th game for our players.  It's also about having fun as fans visiting another city.

It doesn't matter to me if no one else watches the game.

Guest JulmisteForPrez

Nobody is going to be watching anyway.  I don't think if OSU played UM on December 23rd that it would have a large audience.

The game is not about exposure as much as it's about the extra cash for the university and the extra practice time and a 13th game for our players.  It's also about having fun as fans visiting another city.

That's well said, Jim.

I don't gauge things by TV ratings anymore.  I've completely lost confidence in the American people's choice of viewing.  When gay shows such as "Dancing With The Stars" and all those other crappy "Reality" shows go off the charts.......who cares about ratings?  

• Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  765

Hey, the team gets more practice and we get to beat up on ECU again.   Life is good!   Lets go party at five points!    ;)

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  1,480

Nobody is going to be watching anyway. I don't think if OSU played UM on December 23rd that it would have a large audience.

I think the part in bold is a bit exaggerated. You could put that game on any day and the audience would be huge.

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

Nobody is going to be watching anyway. I don't think if OSU played UM on December 23rd that it would have a large audience.

I think the part in bold is a bit exaggerated. You could put that game on any day and the audience would be huge.

I agree, there would just be more people in the world not getting Xmas gifts because the gift givers were watching the game instead of shopping.  :)