• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Backup QB Snead reportedly looking to transfer

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,734
  • Content Count:  37,593
  • Days Won:  29

Updated: Nov. 30, 2006, 6:59 PM ET

Backup QB Snead reportedly looking to transfer

Associated Press

AUSTIN, Texas -- No Texas players have been granted a release to transfer, a school official said Thursday amid conflicting reports that backup quarterback Jevan Snead would leave the team.

The Dallas Morning News, Austin American-Statesman and Houston Chronicle reported that Snead plans to transfer, possibly in time to enroll at a new school for the spring semester. Those stories cited anonymous sources.

But Snead told the Fort Worth Star-Telegram that he has not asked for a release from his scholarship and said "nothing's happening right now."

Texas spokesman John Bianco said no players had been granted a release as of Thursday afternoon and that conversations players may have had with coach Mack Brown are confidential.

Snead was unavailable for comment, and calls to his parents' home in Stephenville went unanswered Thursday.

Asked Wednesday night if a transfer was something he might consider, Snead told the Star-Telegram: "I don't know. I don't feel comfortable talking about that right now."

Snead was one of Texas' top recruits when he backed out of an oral commitment with Florida and signed with the Longhorns in February. He enrolled in time for spring practice but couldn't beat out redshirt freshman Colt McCoy for the starting job.

Snead completed 26-of-49 passes for 371 yards with two touchdowns and two interceptions. His most extensive action came in a 45-42 loss at Kansas State. McCoy was hurt on the first drive, and Snead played the rest of the game.

McCoy has passed for 2,262 yards and a school-record 27 touchdowns and seven interceptions.

McCoy was injured again late in last week's 12-7 loss to Texas A&M, and his status for the Longhorns' bowl game is unclear. Texas appears headed to either the Toyota Gator Bowl or Alamo Bowl.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

He's almost 100% going to TCU according to most people.

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

its houston.  kolb will be gone and houston has a much more QB friendly system

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

PLUS WE HAVE VOSS!!!!

who cares!!!

we are USF...we dont take other programs hand-me-downs anymore....sorry Courtney

• Topic Count:  9,896
  • Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

usf's qb situation is set for 3 years

and the successor will not be voss

with voss' serious injury usf needs to go in a different direction

grothe's successor will still be playing high school ball next year

• Topic Count:  961
  • Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

I had heard that Brantley was wavering on Texas, but this will help the Horns land him I would think.  What is the status of Robert Marve?

• Topic Count:  185
  • Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

Every Frog I know here in Fort Worth is praying for Snead to transfer to TCU. Kolb is leaving Houston but TCU's QB situation isn't very stable either. Jeff Ballard is the starter kind of by default. He isn't that good and Snead would be a clear upgrade.

Marve hasn't taken back his verbal yet, but Shula's firing really bummed him out from what I've read. (BTW - Plant 20, Booker T. Washington 15, Marve only needs one TD pass next week to break Tebow's single-season state record).

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,582
  • Days Won:  423

(BTW - Plant 20, Booker T. Washington 15, Marve only needs one TD pass next week to break Tebow's single-season state record).

He's playing Tebow's old team in the finals, too, isn't he?