• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Coaches Poll out

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,828
  • Days Won:  22

1. Ohio State (63) 12-0 1,575

2. USC 10-1 1,491

3. Michigan 11-1 1,445

4. Florida 11-1 1,405

5. LSU 10-2 1,255

6. Wisconsin 11-1 1,221

7. Louisville 10-1 1,169

8. Arkansas 10-2 1,042

9. Boise State 12-0 1,018

10. Oklahoma 10-2 994

11. Auburn 10-2 985

12. Notre Dame 10-2 928

13. Rutgers 10-1 777

14. Virginia Tech 10-2 744

15. West Virginia 9-2 668

16. Wake Forest 10-2 607

17. Texas 9-3 596

18. Nebraska 9-3 523

19. Tennessee 9-3 434

20. California 8-3 343

21. Brigham Young 10-2 339

22. Georgia Tech 9-3 259

23. Hawaii 10-2 203

24. Texas A&M 9-3 202

25. Boston College 9-3 138

OTHERS RECEIVING VOTES

TCU 41, Houston 19, Oregon State 16, Georgia 15, Penn State 8, Maryland 7, Clemson 6, South Carolina 2.

DROPPED FROM RANKINGS

Clemson 24.

Not a single vote for the Bulls. How sad

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  714
  • Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

WTF  >:(  >:(  >:(

This poll is enough to push USC into #2 in the BCS.

They were .007 behind last week, so a gain of .021 in any one section (Harris, Coaches, Computers) would be enough to overcome that gap.

USC was .0101 ahead of UM in the Coaches poll last week.  This week they are .0292 ahead.  Unless the computers drop or the Harris Poll numbers drop, then USC will be #2 -- by .003 or so.

To find the %, take the total points and divide by the maximum number of points possible in the poll (1,575).

-  USC 1491 / 1575 = .9467

-  UM 1445 / 1575 = .9175

That is then averaged with the Harris Poll % and the computers %.

Louisville closed the gap with LSU on this poll from .0869 to .0546 ... that translates to a +.0108 BCS avg.

Louisville was .0349 ahead in the BCS average last week.  I think the Harris Poll will also show a positive impact for Louisville.  The real question will be the computers.

However, it is looking good for Louisville to stay ahead of LSU... so far.

• Topic Count:  584
  • Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

USF had a great win over WV and has had a good season, but I don't think any impartial observer would put them as the #25 team in the nation.  They needed a miracle to beat FIU, had a tight victory over UCF, lost to Kansas, and looked awful in the loss to Cincy.  

I am very proud, still calling people and e-mailing people about the great bulls victory, but I don't think the bulls got screwed.  The best part about this season is not the 8 - 4 record or the signature win over WVU, it is that the team has improved dramatically over the way we started the season, and the outlook for next year looks very bright.

GO BULLS

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  2,276
  • Days Won:  0

NONE of the Big East Coaches invovled in the USA TODAY Coaches' Poll voted for USF (not even for 25th place).

Here's the 4 Big East Coaches who didn't put USF anywhere on their ballot:

UCONN's Randy Edsall (Didn't USF destroy UCONN this year?)

Rutger's Greg Schiano (Didn't USF just miss sending their game vs Rutgers in OT on a dropped pass during a 2 pt conversion?)

UL's Bobby Petrino

WVU's Rich Rodriquez (Did USF beat them at his home field yesterday?)

Are Big East Coaches "consciously" trying to keep USF "down"?

Complete list of Coaches is shown at the bottom of the poll:

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/football/usatpoll.htm

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  339
  • Days Won:  0

Good point Knight.

But, I like not getting any attention at this point.  We don't really deserve a top 25 vote after some of our struggles this season.  We will EARN everything we deserve in the next couple of years.  At least nobody can complain that we're overrated this year.

We're gonna get there but we're gonna have to earn it beyond a shadow of a doubt.  Personally I think we'd beat many of those teams ranked in the bottom 25 and "others receiving votes."  I am obviously biased though.

• Topic Count:  92
  • Content Count:  3,475

Good point Knight.

But, I like not getting any attention at this point.  We don't really deserve a top 25 vote after some of our struggles this season.  We will EARN everything we deserve in the next couple of years.  At least nobody can complain that we're overrated this year.

We're gonna get there but we're gonna have to earn it beyond a shadow of a doubt.  Personally I think we'd beat many of those teams ranked in the bottom 25 and "others receiving votes."  I am obviously biased though.

We went 8-4, with a road win against a top-10 team that for much of the season was considered a national championship contender. If TCU is the 26th-best team in the country, and we aren't even close to that, than there must be a lot of things about TCU that haven't been brought to my attention.

• Topic Count:  714
  • Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

Good point Knight.

There's flying under the radar and then there is flat out disrespect. This is flat out disrespect. Give credit where credit is due. We at least deserved one, just one vote.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565

I can't say I am too surprised, especially by the Big East Coaches. I sure hope that if Leavitt gets to vote that he keeps those teams down.  I'd be pretty interested to see where Rodriquez voted his own team.