• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

For those that have never been to bball game!!!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  191
  • Content Count:  2,363
  • Days Won:  0

Holy @##@$%!!!!!

Ok so Im a southern boy right? Born and raised in south Georgia. Huge college football fan my entire life. Basketball? Yeah who cares...

Tonight I got out of my evening class early and saw that had the bball game going at 8pm.  I was parked in the Sun Dome lot...no excuses.

WOW what a good time.  For those of you who have (for whatever reason) never gone to a bball game, I HIGHLY recommend it.  Very energetic, and downright entertaining to watch. Much better in person than on TV.  

Plus, the crowd is heard alot more clearly by the opposing team. God, I dont think I'll ever get the "Laaarssoooon, Laaarsooon" out of my head. LOL.   Im definitely gonna start attending these regularly.

Just thought Id pass the word. Wow what a fun game. Go Bulls!

If you thought that was great, you need to go to a first round NCAA tournament game or a real basketball school, like Duke. The tournament is a fun festive atmosphere with some great games. Go to a Duke game or UNC game, it is insane. The closest I have seen a USF game to that type of level was last season when we were rallying in the 2nd half against UConn.

Can only imagine what it would be liked for a game with a full SunDome.

ACC Tourney's in Tampa this year. I highly recommend anyone remotely interested in basketball check it out. They traditionally only make tickets available through member institutions, but calling BC (really any school, but I pick BC because they are the farthest and least likely to travel all the way to Tampa, especially for opening round Thursday night games) or someone to buy tickets would definitely be worth the price of admission. I was caught up in the action of ACC men and women as well as opening round NCAA here in Greensboro last year and it was definitely AMAZING.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The team does look better this year.  I might actually come out to a game.

(I lost interest the sport when the NBA became nothing more than professional streetball -- now I would prefer to watch a USF curling team.)

Still... the official attendance was only 2,537.

Griggsy... In the early 1990's the Sun Dome was full every game.  I think I missed only two or three games in four years. (The tickets were free, and it was a USF team).  Back when USF was in the Sun Belt, and we were blowing out teams like Western Kentucky, Old Dominion, and Virginia Tech.

I remember some great games against FSU and Florida.  I remember a very full SunDome against Louisville.  They were up early, and the redbird fans were pumped.  USF came back and crushed 'em -- shut them up.  Denny Crum called the Sun Dome the worst place to play a college basketball game.  Some games, after some ganes my ears were ringing louder than after a rock concert...

Ah, the good ol' days.

• Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  3,103
  • Days Won:  0

my freshman year here, 01-02 we were voted the worst place to play by the c-usa teams

Guest JulmisteForPrez

I know what you guys are saying....

When my wife and I were students, we actually enjoyed going to the basketball games more than the football games!  Now, my #1 sport has always been football, but like you said, having the chance to be RIGHT in the players faces/ears is tremendous.  

During our time in the student section, we were flipped off several times, had one opposing player grab his crotch toward us, and even had one moon us during warm-ups.  I love it when you can tell you're getting under their skin!!

Like you said, you have to pick one guy out during warm-ups or early on in the game to heckle the whole game.  Keep it clean and fun, though.  Have some class while you're having some fun.

• Topic Count:  160
  • Content Count:  1,378
  • Days Won:  1

Holy @##@$%!!!!!

Ok so Im a southern boy right? Born and raised in south Georgia. Huge college football fan my entire life. Basketball? Yeah who cares...

Tonight I got out of my evening class early and saw that had the bball game going at 8pm.  I was parked in the Sun Dome lot...no excuses.

WOW what a good time.  For those of you who have (for whatever reason) never gone to a bball game, I HIGHLY recommend it.  Very energetic, and downright entertaining to watch. Much better in person than on TV.  

Plus, the crowd is heard alot more clearly by the opposing team. God, I dont think I'll ever get the "Laaarssoooon, Laaarsooon" out of my head. LOL.   Im definitely gonna start attending these regularly.

Just thought Id pass the word. Wow what a fun game. Go Bulls!

Too bad you never attended gmaes in the early to mid 90's.  Last night was nothing compared to those days.  There weren't even 3000 people in attendance last night.  Imagine 8,000-10,000 fans stopming their feet and chanting USF.  Nothing beats it.  I remember being in the dome for some pretty exciting games, and not being able to hear the person next to me who was screaming in my ear.  

The highest attended game in usf history was vs UNCC now known as Charlotte Univ.  There were 10,400 fans and the place was rocking.   FSU also had over 10K the same year and was probably the best game I have ever been to at USF.  It was a shoot out the entire game, with lots of lead changes.  We were down by 1 when chucky atkins ran out the clock, drove the lane, and pulled up for a jumper with .8 seconds left on the clock to seal the 1 point win.  The place went wild.

It is a shame that the university and the AD let the program run itself into the ground and slowly watch fan support dwindle to embarassing levels.  They should have done something to resurrect the program, but the priority was on football. It was like nobody in the AD was paying attention to the bball program and all of a sudden it is in the state it is in now.  

• Topic Count:  714
  • Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

I think we should circle one game on the schedule and try to get as many people to that game as possible, sort of how we challlenged everyone to get as many possible to homecoming for football. Granted we should try to get as many as possible to everygame.

I say we pick either Louisville on January 10 which is the opening home Big East game, or Notre Dame on February 3.

• Topic Count:  502
  • Content Count:  5,903

There were several signs posted around the business building as well as the dorms that were advertising the double header. If they continue to do taht as well as the team puts a good product on the floor, the Sun Dome will get fuller.

they put those signs up only about 4-5 hours before tip off. they need to put them out the day before IMO.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

I think we should circle one game on the schedule and try to get as many people to that game as possible, sort of how we challlenged everyone to get as many possible to homecoming for football. Granted we should try to get as many as possible to everygame.

I say we pick either Louisville on January 10 which is the opening home Big East game, or Notre Dame on February 3.

I say Sunday, January 14th, against Cincinnati or Saturday, February 3rd, vs Notre Dame.  They are day games on the weekend days.

• Topic Count:  502
  • Content Count:  5,903

I say we pick louisville, but then again i say that as a football fan. :D

Honestly though, i say we pick a game in December insteand of January. I think there is enough time to get a lot of people to a game in December. Or, we can do both one in December and January.

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

There were several signs posted around the business building as well as the dorms that were advertising the double header. If they continue to do taht as well as the team puts a good product on the floor, the Sun Dome will get fuller.

Rizzo, you're absolutely correct. If the team continues putting out an entertaining brand of basketball, people will show up.

Does USF athletics send out coach McCullum or the players to student organizations to invite them to the games? If not, that would be a great idea as well.