• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Why can't our Band do that?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  98
  • Content Count:  1,532
  • Days Won:  0

Many of our events and traditions would get better if people would just COME to them!!!!

It's hard to get anything foing with low attendance at tradtional events.

Marketing could get better... and better funding.  Only then will the rest of ther things we need funded... get funded.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  341

Like the fans on the sides they play it to know it...  :D

Maybe the cheerleaders and sun dolls need to learn the words, not just University of South Florida, alma mater hail to thee.

I don't see many staying after the game to sing the alma mater either.

The HOT does a nice job and certainly livens the atmosphere.  Traditions take time, that's why they are called traditions.

i know the alma mater cause i was in the usf choir but i feel weird singing it during the games when noone else knows it....i think it would be a good idea for them to put the words up on the big screens whenever they play it so that it will help people to learn it

Like the fans on the sides they play it to know it...  :D

Maybe the cheerleaders and sun dolls need to learn the words, not just University of South Florida, alma mater hail to thee.

I don't see many staying after the game to sing the alma mater either.

The HOT does a nice job and certainly livens the atmosphere.  Traditions take time, that's why they are called traditions.

i know the alma mater cause i was in the usf choir but i feel weird singing it during the games when noone else knows it....i think it would be a good idea for them to put the words up on the big screens whenever they play it so that it will help people to learn it

They tried once this year... then the band played our "The Mission" song before the Alma Mater for the first and only time.  So the words were not up when we played the Alma Mater!

I don't know if it will happen again

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  125

You are right about the Louisville facilities and the pride of ownership that goes with it.  It was not fancy, but there were seats, not benches, and design was very intelligent.  You knew you were at Louisville.  The endzones even said it!  There was no whited out Buc flag behind their logo.  As for the band, I think the HOT needs some serious work and an overhaul.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

It was not fancy, but there were seats, not benches, and design was very intelligent.

The whole stadium had seats rather than benches? Gotta like that ..

You knew you were at Louisville.  The endzones even said it!

I know I'm at a USF game because I see the guys in the green jerseys and wrong colored gold helmets playing on the field. I don't need it spelled out for me ...

As for the band, I think the HOT needs some serious work and an overhaul.

You haven't seen them in over a year .... You sound ignorant keeping this mantra up.

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  178

I did notice at Louisville that the band had the word "Awful" printed on their shoulders. they spelled it "UofL". I just chalked it up to kentucky public schools!

I did notice at Louisville that the band had the word "Awful" printed on their shoulders. they spelled it "UofL". I just chalked it up to kentucky public schools!

I hate to say it... but they are higher than Florida public schools....

• Topic Count:  1,036
  • Content Count:  7,523
  • Days Won:  10

I definately agree that the Alma Mater's words need to be on the screen, as they have done in the past.  It may also be an inspiring to play the Alma Mater after the game and have the players stand on the field near the students/band.

I absolutely love the fanfare between the 3rd and 4th quarter... a great tradition.

Coordinate it so that the Mickey D first down ditty doesn't interfere with the band's.

I saw the drumline 'concert' after the UConn game and think that this would be a great tool to raise interest and alumni support for the band.  Have it in the courtyard outside the south end of the stadium near the ticket booths and have material about how people can donate to and help the band ready.

I definately agree that the Alma Mater's words need to be on the screen, as they have done in the past.  It may also be an inspiring to play the Alma Mater after the game and have the players stand on the field near the students/band.

I absolutely love the fanfare between the 3rd and 4th quarter... a great tradition.

Coordinate it so that the Mickey D first down ditty doesn't interfere with the band's.

I saw the drumline 'concert' after the UConn game and think that this would be a great tool to raise interest and alumni support for the band.  Have it in the courtyard outside the south end of the stadium near the ticket booths and have material about how people can donate to and help the band ready.

Drumline:  Not a bad point about the drumline... it's a tradition though, they lead everyone (not the band ironicly) out of the stadium to a cadence.  They go down that ramp behind the band and do a little set at that enterance (the truck for loading is right behind that set in the tunnels, thats why they don't go anywhere else).  Maybe we can just throw a hat on the ground... might work!

Alma Mater: Like I said, they tried to put it on the jumbo... just need to try that again.  The team has an already open invite to sing after the game.  No reponse that i know of.

4th quarter soar:  I like it too... (In case someone does not know it's the theme Kryptonite from Superman).  Students really seem to get into it... putting their hands out like superman... it's great!

First downs:  Trust me.... they try!  retarded mcD's....

• Topic Count:  502
  • Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

I saw the drumline for the first time after the Syracuse game. I really enjoyed that and next year (if it's done again) I'll be there to watch it after every game.

I think the Alma Mater shouldn't be played after the game but during halftime or some other time (maybe between 1st and 2nd quarter). I think that's a little bit more unique and there will actually be people there to sing it! If games are blow outs, people leave early and the same ol' people are singing after the game. Even if it's a close game (i.e. Rutgers) people still don't stay. I know, I know "YOU SHOULD STAY UNTIL AFTER THE GAME" blah blah blah, but frankly I'd rather hear everyone singing the Alma Mater at half time then to hear the same old posts about people should stay and sing the Alma Mater.