• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Why can't our Band do that?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  98
  • Content Count:  1,532
  • Days Won:  0

People are supposed to stay... no matter what.  We sing the Alma Mater during pre-game and after the game... its a normal tradition at college games.

The drumline plays after every game.  It's been a tradition for some time (maybe the first season, but I'm not sure).  At least since 2003 when I came in.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,784
  • Days Won:  3

I think the Alma Mater shouldn't be played after the game but during halftime or some other time (maybe between 1st and 2nd quarter).

The correct answer is "NO".

1. The point of the Alma Mater is to render respect and acknowledge your school...not to entertain...

2. The half time show - for those who care - is entertainment, for those not at the concession

stand or bathroom...

3.  You want to halt the game between the first and second quarters - to play the alma mater?

TBYP.

• Topic Count:  502
  • Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

I think the Alma Mater shouldn't be played after the game but during halftime or some other time (maybe between 1st and 2nd quarter).

The correct answer is "NO".

1. The point of the Alma Mater is to render respect and acknowledge your school...not to entertain...

2. The half time show - for those who care - is entertainment, for those not at the concession

stand or bathroom...

3.  You want to halt the game between the first and second quarters - to play the alma mater?

TBYP.

Who said halt the game? Who made all these rules for when things should and should not be done? But, that's okay, I'm sure you're perfectly fine with 50 people singing the Alma Mater after the game.

The problem is that we should have people BEFORE and AFTER the game.  Don't blame anyone but the lazy people who can't show up or stay.  I bet if the team did sing after the game it would attract more people.

• Topic Count:  191
  • Content Count:  2,363

People are supposed to stay... no matter what.  We sing the Alma Mater during pre-game and after the game... its a normal tradition at college games.

The drumline plays after every game.  It's been a tradition for some time (maybe the first season, but I'm not sure).  At least since 2003 when I came in.

Does the HOTDL still do the cadences in the end of halftime/3rd quarter after returning from the field show? I used to love going up by the ship for that.

No.... not anymore... maybe thats when they started leading people out of the stadium?

• Topic Count:  191
  • Content Count:  2,363

No.... not anymore... maybe thats when they started leading people out of the stadium?

When I was there (not long ago--'03 and '04 football seasons) they did both... it sounds as though the postgame concert they are talking about may have taken its place, and probably makes more sense. They did draw a crowd up by the ship in the 3rd quarter, but it probably makes more sense that they don't directly conflict with the game.