• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Anyone else SICK and TIRED of this?!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

I haven't heard much about the Big East's nonconference scheduling being weak as a whole. What I have heard, and justifiably so, is that West Virginia and Louisville do not have the kind of out-of-conference schedule you expect from teams that want to be considered as worthy of playing in the national championship. Louisville's only significant OOC game was Miami, and that doesn't hold as much water as it used to. West Virginia has Maryland, Marshall, but that's about it. USF was able to play the tough-schedule card last year, but hardly this time around -- when your toughest nonconference opponent is Kansas, you don't have much to say ...

What about U of L on the road against KSU? KSU just beat Texas.

@ KSU, Miami, Kentucky (#2 team in SEC east), @ Middle tenn, @ Temple.

Sounds  a little tougher than UCF, S Miss, & Western Carolina at home and 5-5 FSU on the road.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  287
  • Content Count:  3,078
  • Days Won:  0

ok, the SEC East point is ridiculous.  Yea, UT is .500 right now, but that makes them 3-3.  Losses to LSU, Arkansas, and Florida, all teams in the BCS top 10.  The only reason UK is ahead of UT right now is because they got luck on the schedule and drew Ole Miss and Miss. St. as 2 of their 3 SEC West opponents AND UK still has to play UT.  

Have you seen Arkansas play? They deserve to be one of the top 1 loss teams.

Have you seen LSU play? When they pull their heads out of thier asses long enough to play, they are one of the top 5 teams in the country.   What 2 loss team would you rank ahead of them? Texas? they just lost to K. State.  Cal? They just lost to Arizona.  

Are you really trying to know Tennessee for losing to UF, Arkansas, and LSU? Teams with a combined record of 26-4, all ranked in the BCS top 10.  Who would you rank ahead of them? Nebraska probably has the best case, but they lost to Oklahoma St.  Clemson might have a case, but losses to Maryland, VT, and BC are no better than UT's losses.  Oregon has losses to Cal, USC, and WSU.  

• Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  549

Have you seen LSU play? When they pull their heads out of thier asses long enough to play, they are one of the top 5 teams in the country.

That's what I'm talking about.  You want to talk about strength-of-schedule but who has LSU beaten?  They looked horrible beating a mediocre Tennessee team by 4.  And......        They have done absolutely nothing else to deserve being called a "top 5 team in the country".  It's all tradition and name recognition.  SEC hype.  They beat UT by four and UK 49-0, therefore, they are a top five team.  !?!?

• Topic Count:  53
  • Content Count:  1,757

Is that even comparable to Arkansas, Nebraska, Oregon, Cal, Wazzou, Arizona State, and Oregon State? (Bowl eligible team USC will have played through the 18th)

Or Southern Miss, Tennessee, Kentucky, Alabama, LSU, Auburn, Georgia, SOuth Carolina (Bowl elibgle teams Florida will have played through the 18th)

You bet your ass it's comparable.  Just because a team has some name recognition does not mean it is any better of an opponent.  The SEC is not the only conference playing football.  I guarantee that UF would have AT LEAST one loss in ANY of the other BCS conferences, including the Big East.  You mention several Pac-10 teams, but until recently the PAC-10 was considered the doormat out of the big conferences.  What about the ACC?  Less than one year ago, the ACC was supposed to be the end all to be all of conferences... look at it now with Wake Forest and Georgia Tech are the two front runners and Miami and FSU questionable to reach bowl eligibility.    

There is a distinct difference between the BCS leagues and the non-BCS leagues.  That is mostly dictated by money $100K payouts vs $1Million payouts to the schools.  Once you get in that door though, each BCS league is comparable to any other BCS league.  That's pretty much evident in how close those statistics below appear between each league.  

I think it would be interesting to see these stats expanded to show out of conference record vs other BCS league opponents only, it would probably result in simiar numbers again for each conference.    

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501

And why is UF in the conversation ?  Tough schedule ?  You kidding me .  They have Southern Miss,KY,Alabama,Vanderbilt,Western Carolina and finish with FSU.  None of these are top 35 teams.  Throw in USC with that thrashing they put on them 17-16.  Oh don't forget Ga.  they are a real power house this year.  Looks to me that the only teams of note on their schedule where LSU and Auburn who they did beat.  Not much different then a BE team beating UL/WV/Rutgars.  The SEC is over rated this year especially when Ark is probably their best team.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

ok, the SEC East point is ridiculous.  Yea, UT is .500 right now, but that makes them 3-3.  Losses to LSU, Arkansas, and Florida, all teams in the BCS top 10.  The only reason UK is ahead of UT right now is because they got luck on the schedule and drew Ole Miss and Miss. St. as 2 of their 3 SEC West opponents AND UK still has to play UT.  

Have you seen Arkansas play? They deserve to be one of the top 1 loss teams.

Have you seen LSU play? When they pull their heads out of thier asses long enough to play, they are one of the top 5 teams in the country.   What 2 loss team would you rank ahead of them? Texas? they just lost to K. State.  Cal? They just lost to Arizona.  

Are you really trying to know Tennessee for losing to UF, Arkansas, and LSU? Teams with a combined record of 26-4, all ranked in the BCS top 10.  Who would you rank ahead of them? Nebraska probably has the best case, but they lost to Oklahoma St.  Clemson might have a case, but losses to Maryland, VT, and BC are no better than UT's losses.  Oregon has losses to Cal, USC, and WSU.  

Sorry any 2 loss team that won't even play for their conference championship is not considered a top 5 team in the country. not even in the almighty SEC . Their only "quality" win is against UT. They barely won that game and UT is barely still ranked in the BCS top 25.

OU should be ranked higher. Sure they have 2 losses but one of them was bogus. Why are they ranked 6 spots lower? Texas too. They lost to KSU and #1 OSU. They still have more wins against BCS top 25 teams. What about 1 loss Wake? why are they 5 spots lower than 2 loss LSU. They have as many wins against top 25 BCS teams. it's all subjective.

You  make a case for UT. Nebraska could be considered with losses coming to Texas, USC and Ok St. UT lost to 2 teams in the BCS top 10. I don't believe LSU is one of them.

will you admit the SEC is mediocre if kentucky beats ut and finishes 2nd in the east? afterall u of l smoked them.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

I think the whole UF doesn’t deserve to be there is more of distaste of UF than anything. Take away that you hate the school, the program, and everything else possibly associated with it and you have a pretty good team in Gainesville. Never mind the fact that they played a stretch of 4 games where they faced 4 of the top defenses in the country (Alabama – 19th; LSU – 2nd; Auburn – 22nd; Georgia – 11th).

When all is said and done to be in the National Title Picture they will have played 10 bowl teams this season, won the SEC, and beaten 4 top 25 teams.

Does this mean I don’t think Louisville should be in the mix, no, I think they should be. However, like ANY undefeated team that would have lost last week is going to drop and have a hard time coming back from it, especially when the team that beat them is ranked in front of them andundefeated.

I’ve said this many a times: USC is without a doubt THE team that should get tin if they win out. However, if they falter, I’d rank it like this.

2 – Florida

3 – Rutgers

4 – Michigan/Ohio State Loser

5 – Notre Dame

I’m just trying to be objective.

• Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  549

if UK beats UT i will be making suicide arrangements...

RockyTop, if there is anything you can do about it, don't let UK beat Tennessee. ;)

It would be just as maddening for UofL fans.