• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Anyone else SICK and TIRED of this?!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

I think the whole UF doesn’t deserve to be there is more of distaste of UF than anything. Take away that you hate the school, the program, and everything else possibly associated with it and you have a pretty good team in Gainesville. Never mind the fact that they played a stretch of 4 games where they faced 4 of the top defenses in the country (Alabama – 19th; LSU – 2nd; Auburn – 22nd; Georgia – 11th).

When all is said and done to be in the National Title Picture they will have played 10 bowl teams this season, won the SEC, and beaten 4 top 25 teams.

Does this mean I don’t think Louisville should be in the mix, no, I think they should be. However, like ANY undefeated team that would have lost last week is going to drop and have a hard time coming back from it, especially when the team that beat them is ranked in front of them andundefeated.

I’ve said this many a times: USC is without a doubt THE team that should get tin if they win out. However, if they falter, I’d rank it like this.

2 – Florida

3 – Rutgers

4 – Michigan/Ohio State Loser

5 – Notre Dame

I’m just trying to be objective.

Honestly Joe I could care less about Florida. It's the flawed BCS system that  I can't stand. For every arguement you make about a team belonging in the NC game there is just as valid an arguement against it. I thought you said you were a Gator fan? That hardly makes you objective concerning the SEC or UF.

Did you know that U of L played against or will play the #4, #5, and #15 top defenses in the country? Looks pretty impressive compared to the #2, #11, and #19. Not only that but they played the #3 offense in the country. The highest ranked offense UF played was #11.

I never said that Florida doesn't have a good team only that they aren't head and shoulders better than U of L. Certainly not so much better or more deserving that they should get a national championship shot over U of L.

It's possible that the Cards will have played 9 bowl teams compared to the gators possible 10. Bowls really don't mean much anymore though. It looks like Alabama will get one with just 2 conference wins over Vandy and Ole Miss.

It's also possible that the 4 top 25 teams will drop to 3 or maybe 2 with the schedules remaining.

Any way it shakes out, the BCS is horrible. The rankings are so subjective and biased. The only way to truly see who is the best is to have a playoff.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

I am NOT a Gator fan, my parents, brother and sister are UF alumni, so I am familar with the team.

The defense ranks was a 4 week period, I didn't include Tennesee, FSU's and Arkansas's defensive ranks.

UL lost late, looked very bad in their loss, and still have the team they lost to in front of them with no losses. Louisville is in a very bad position, just as Florida would have been in if Auburn didn't lose out, just as Notre Dame does with Michigan.

Is the BCS unfair? Maybe. But WE as USF fans should be praising it every chance we get. Without the BCS we're no where near where we are now. The BCS makes us important.

• Topic Count:  53
  • Content Count:  1,757
  • Days Won:  0

Joe, you give way too much credit to the SEC.

I cannot believe you would rank a one-loss UF over an undefeated Rutgers for NC.  

UF got lucky last weekend that the referees wanted to screw Steve Spurrier.  

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,473
  • Days Won:  25

What if UF and WVU end up in the Gator Bowl?

Could be 50+ points on both sides and the BE would beat the SEC two years in a row.

Twilly, I'm sorry, Rutgers schedule is just terrible to this point, I think even Rutgers knows with their schedule they are going to need a lot of help and need to beat the hell out of WVU to get in.

If you notice I have USC number 1 of those teams, then Florida. I think both schools right now (USC even more) deserve discussion to be in the title game. Yes if Rutgers wins out they will have beaten WVU and Louisville, but they also will have not played much else (no offense to USF, but we're not really helping anyone with our SOS).

It will come directly down to the most MINUTE detail when deciding who gets to play the Ohio State/Michigan winner. And opponents SOS will factor into those computer polls.

I think it will all be moot when WVU beats Rutgers, however, when the school is not lobbying for the National Championship speaks volumes at this point.

What if UF and WVU end up in the Gator Bowl?

Could be 50+ points on both sides and the BE would beat the SEC two years in a row.

Can't happen, ACC v. Big East/ND/Big 12.

At this point it's probably going to be BC/Va Tech v. Oklahoma.

• Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  549
  • Days Won:  0

Is the BCS unfair? Maybe.

Maybe?  Maybe?  An undefeated BCS school would get left out, and that's not unfair?

I don't think any team should have to apologize for going 12-0 with two wins over top10 teams.  It's hard enough just to go 12-0.  Is Rutgers schedule the toughest in the country?  No.  Is it the weakest?  No.  But neither is UF's.  

At the end of the year, why don't we just take the top10 most difficult schedules and see who has the least losses among them?  Because that would be extremely unfair.

Harvey,

I think the fact that Rutgers is not lobbying and has said they will not lobby for the BCS game speaks volumes. I agree Rutgers should be in the discussion, however, I think it will be moot as they will lose one of these final three games.

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,473
  • Days Won:  25

Thanks Joe, I thought of that after I sent the thought.  I still think it would be a good game.

We could very well see it in the Sugar Bowl