• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Idea To Increase Bowl Ticket Sales

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,080
  • Days Won:  0

Personaly I'd rather spend the money attending conference games against teams like UofL, WVA, and RU, than go to a bottom feeder bowl in a place like Birmingham.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Man people have some short memories...

USF did this same thing last year.  Only they didn't try to get you to guy an extra ticket... they sold "souvenir" tickets signed by Jim Leavitt... I think they were like $50 or $75... and it basically meant you bought an extra ticket they put in a fancy case. (Still it was a good idea - something they should do again!)

Personaly I'd rather spend the money attending conference games against teams like UofL, WVA, and RU, than go to a bottom feeder bowl in a place like Birmingham.

So it's one or the other for you, eh? Not both?

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

I like the sponsor a student with a ticket idea.  If the $30.00 for the ticket is the issue, I'll buy one.  Get four or five students to split the gas and hotel, what would it cost?  $50.00?

Drive up, spend the night in a hotel that has free breakfast, and drive back after the game.  Four students splitting drive time should be easy.

GO BULLS!

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,472
  • Days Won:  35

Or, alumni could buy the ticket and the Student Bulls Club and Student Government could subsidize the cost of transportation and hotel. I bet the trip would be really affordable if the tickets were "donated" and the only cost was bus fare and hotel....what, maybe $60 or $70 per student?

• Topic Count:  53
  • Content Count:  1,757

I'm sure the $35 would be more appreciated (and much more useful) as a direct contribution to the University athletic department.  Or how about donating it to the band?  

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

AND!!!!!

One ticket per student. If they don't show up IN PERSON to ONE ticket or

NO SALE!

I'd be pissed if someone bought them and scalped them or just didn't use them.

and yes, it's my money.

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,472
  • Days Won:  35

Seeing as how the ticket would be apart of a package to send the students, the student would have to pay the package price of $60 or $70, whatever it came out to. So I do not think the problems that occurred with the UCF discounted tickets would happen again.

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  1,235
  • Days Won:  1

I'm against buying the extra ticket deal.  If we win the conference we go to a BCS bowl, regardless of how many fans we bring.  If we win consistently we will also grow the fan base.

You would help the university far more by donating the cost of those extra tickets you would buy to the general university fund.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,080

So it's one or the other for you, eh? Not both?

I don't know about you but I don't have unlimited funds to spend on football. To me a  bowl game like Birmingham just isn't worth the cost in time and money....I'll watch it on TV.  Christmas is family time and a December 23rd bottom feeder bowl game isn't high on my things to do list.   I'll watch it on TV and help the TV ratings.

Have nice Thanksgiving...I'm heading out to "The Ville" tomorrow morning.