• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Bulls win!!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Look for us to win 7 conference games this year and get a NIT bid. Can't wait until the others join the team. I think Jesus and Gransberry will be eligible after game 7. Schedule sets up nice for us this year.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Look for us to win 7 conference games this year and get a NIT bid. Can't wait until the others join the team. I think Jesus and Gransberry will be eligible after game 7. Schedule sets up nice for us this year.

So you expect us to go 8-6, 9-5 in our non-conference schedule?

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

I thought we were going winless this year. It said so in another thread. :-?

It's not that surprising that the originator of that thread has yet to post anything in the various threads pertaining to last nights game. True colors shining through no doubt.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Before I go predicting NIT bid, I want to see this team play against some more solid competition.

Yes, Buffalo won 19 games last year, but they also lost 3 of their top 4 scorers, including Calvin Cage who was All - MAC 2nd team. It was also the 3rd best record in school history.

Luckily, I believe this team will be much different when they get Gansberry and Varejo (Sp?). However, I'm not going to predict the NIT just yet. Baby steps.

Before I go predicting NIT bid, I want to see this team play against some more solid competition.

Yes, Buffalo won 19 games last year, but they also lost 3 of their top 4 scorers, including Calvin Cage who was All - MAC 2nd team. It was also the 3rd best record in school history.

Luckily, I believe this team will be much different when they get Gansberry and Varejo (Sp?). However, I'm not going to predict the NIT just yet. Baby steps.

They also have 11 guys back from last year.

I think a NIT bid is not an unrealstic goal for this team. Will it happen? I don't know but I believe it is more than possible. Wait until the reinforcements arrive.

It would be nice to have a legit PG again. Another scoring threat and a big body to bolster the front line. Mattis would be our 6th man. That guy is instant energy off the bench.

of course if we don't get Howard back or somebody doesn't step up to handle the point then all bets are off. turnovers will kill us without a legit pg.

So you expect us to go 8-6, 9-5 in our non-conference schedule?

yes. not impossible. our ooc schedule is pretty soft. we get 2 top guys back after game 7.

I think the NIT is a realistic goal for this team. there will be ups and downs (especially the first 4 conference games) but overall our schedule sets up nice.

look for this team to play with a chip on it's shoulder and look for them to suprise some people if things fall into place.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Yes, 11 guys back but again, they lost 42 ppg from last year, which was about 50%. (I am familar with the Buffalo program)

They're returning starters are Parnell Smith, who is a great role player, but not a good scorer, and Ydnihi (Sp?) who was instrumental in the middle for them and a decent scorer when it was put upon him.

While they do have  some talent. (Moore will be All - MAC next season and beyond) They struggled to beat Canisius.

I just cannot say an NIT bid is  realistic possibility yet, just liek I cannot say MAC is a horrid coach and should be fired yet.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

Enjoy the win.  They looked good.

Yes, 11 guys back but again, they lost 42 ppg from last year, which was about 50%. (I am familar with the Buffalo program)

They're returning starters are Parnell Smith, who is a great role player, but not a good scorer, and Ydnihi (Sp?) who was instrumental in the middle for them and a decent scorer when it was put upon him.

While they do have  some talent. (Moore will be All - MAC next season and beyond) They struggled to beat Canisius.

I just cannot say an NIT bid is  realistic possibility yet, just liek I cannot say MAC is a horrid coach and should be fired yet.

I'm not basing my expectations on this one game. We have some talented guys that will be with us soon. One played as a true freshman at Arizona and another was on scholarship at LSU.

We definitely need a true PG. Without one we will continue to turn the ball over and won't be able to hang in the BE.

By the way I bet we lost 50% of our scoring too. It happens to all teams every year.

We need three legit scorers. Buckley, Jesus , and one other. A ball handler (Howard hopefully) and some big guys for a little rebounding and D (Williams, Richardson, and Gransberry).

If everything comes together, I don't think it's unrealistic to set a goal of a NIT bid. Our schedule sets up pretty good.