• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Watson and Chambers Dismissed from Team

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

If they got tossed for missing a couple of classes... Leavitt has lost his mind. I remember having to run on a Sunday morning for missing a class my sophomore year (I had a 4.0 GPA at the time -  it eventually slipped to a 3.4 by the time I graduated). Big deal though. You don't need to attend every class to pass our great university. I don't know what their personal academic standing is, and won't speculate, but if a student is passing, who cares how many classes he attends or skips. In the real world, the bottom line is getting the job done. Losing Thed on the line is huge. Don't be surprised to see Matt taking a lot of shots this week. I'm sure most of you think I'm crazy for saying this... but hey... I remember spending many days my junior and senior year on the beach... if they are taking care of business, who cares what classes they attend. If they are on academic probation though, and then skipped, let the punishment fit the crime. At least they didn't end up on a police blotter!

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  131
  • Days Won:  0

Leavitt has really been working on instilling better discipline in the program.  Now, if that could just distill down into the number of flags we're getting per game...

not sure this will translate to less penalties and bone head moves on field ( I think CJL was trying to have less bone headed moves OFF the field by making this move, DUH!)

these guys must have failed a drug test and leavitt's hand was forced (Nice speculation lawyer boy, where did you pull this one out of?)

leavitt isnt the great disciplinarian even though he has a nice size dog house if you get him mad (already been commented on as contradicting yourself in one sentence!, You just LOVE to take shots at the Coach don't cha? Have much ENVY?)

where would you get idea leavitt is trying to instill better discipline? Hmmm... by the fact that this is what a coach does when someone breaks team rules? Even if they are a starter?  You are a sad, sad little man.  You really bring a lot to this discussion board....   ::) ::) ::)

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

... and if we had a board full of E.T.'s, it would get real boring real quick.

Show me where I posts things that have no merit or facts to back them up . . .  ::)

• Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827

... and if we had a board full of E.T.'s, it would get real boring real quick.

Show me where I posts things that have no merit or facts to back them up . . .  ::)

You're the most positive thinking person here, so I used you as an example. Never did I say you werent credible.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

You guys are getting off topic.

• Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  1,066

Too much smoke in this room....What were we talking about again......Anyone else here hungry?

Hey, Jackie, any Cheezits left?

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  125

And the poor schools do not make any money off the athletes

Why shouldn't the schools make money of off the athletics?  Who is fronting the capital to build facilities, pay coaching staffs, provide scholarships, and provide these players access to the next level?  You make it sound like it is bad for the university to make money off of their investment.  What do you think pays for the other sports?  Some philanthropists doing all this for betterment of man-kind?  The university has every right, no has a responsibility, to maximize its profits from the investment made in these players.  Not to mention the fairness to the other 85 athletes that don't break the rules and the coaches.  

What about the coaches?  They did nothing wrong, yet now have a better chance of losing the next two games.  When they negotiate their contracts don't you think wins and losses are part of the equation?  If not, why are 10 to 15 coaches a year fired?  Why, because they do not win, which means they don't make money.   So, as I said those players need to play or pay back the money invested in them.

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451

I agree.  If a player breaks the law and gets the boot from the team then they should be liable for the cash for classes, books, room & board.  And until they pay up, no transcripts.  Heck if I didn't pay for my parking tickets I'd be working at CircleK right now.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,080

2) I want to also chime in on the actual TOPIC of this post, as well.... I think everyone should reserve judgement until we know FACTS. We should probably all trust the judgement of those who DO know, ie: Jim Leavitt.

It's unfair to say anything until we know what happened. What we CAN speculate on, is how it affects the next 2 football games.

We won't be learning the FACTS from Jim Leavitt, the Athletic Department, or USF  officials because of two words.   Student Confidentiality.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

Leavitt has really been working on instilling better discipline in the program.  Now, if that could just distill down into the number of flags we're getting per game...

not sure this will translate to less penalties and bone head moves on field I don't see how those things have anything to do with the situation in the first place, Mr. Expert

these guys must have failed a drug test and leavitt's hand was forced

leavitt isnt the great disciplinarian even though he has a nice size dog house if you get him mad jeebus-- you contradict yourself in the same sentence

where would you get idea leavitt is trying to instill better discipline?

hope Brad sees this

thin ice, imo

i am sure you dont understand!

having a dog house isnt being a disciplinarian,having a dog house means coach is an a$$ and holds a grudge.again you dont understand the distinction.

i am sure you emailed this to brad a second after you read it.