• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Should we secretly be rooting for.....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

We had this discussion and I got roasted for saying "IF we lost to UL it wouldn't hurt so bad if they won the NC".  I think if UL wins this week our game will be on ESPN so beating UL on National TV would be great.  Screw all the BS about the BCS and NC, I for one would be pumped about the win.  Other thing is what happens if the Ville went a NC game and got crushed ?

Exactly, imagine the backlash if UL got beat down like OU did against USC several years back.  Can you imagine all the i told you so's from all the anaylsts the BE would be right back where it was when Pitt got destryoed by Utah a few years back.  I really feel like whoever gets there will lose by atleast 2tds to the OSU UM winner so why not let a team from another conference that could shoulder the loss without the critcism the BE would get from the same loss take the L.  I think a beat down in a non NC bowl game by the BE rep could get their name in the pot as a team that could have fared better if a team from another conference gets blown out.    

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  286
  • Days Won:  0

We had this discussion and I got roasted for saying "IF we lost to UL it wouldn't hurt so bad if they won the NC".  I think if UL wins this week our game will be on ESPN so beating UL on National TV would be great.  Screw all the BS about the BCS and NC, I for one would be pumped about the win.  Other thing is what happens if the Ville went a NC game and got crushed ?

Exactly, imagine the backlash if UL got beat down like OU did against USC several years back.  Can you imagine all the i told you so's from all the anaylsts the BE would be right back where it was when Pitt got destryoed by Utah a few years back.  I really feel like whoever gets there will lose by atleast 2tds to the OSU UM winner so why not let a team from another conference that could shoulder the loss without the critcism the BE would get from the same loss take the L.  I think a beat down in a non NC bowl game by the BE rep could get their name in the pot as a team that could have fared better if a team from another conference gets blown out.    

Valid points too consider for sure.  Although, I am not so sure about your 14 point underdog position though.  I bullieve UL (or WVU for that matter) could hang with either OSU or UM.  I for one would rather see UL in the N.C. game and take my chances with the outcome.  Having said that, and for the sake of the future of the Big East, Go Bulls and Cards!  

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Bulls. To even suggest otherwise is moronic.

Further, even if Louisville does get to the title game and gets smacked by Ohio State/Michigan it would be MUCH worse than the Bulls winning.

If you're rooting against the Bulls because you want a team in the title game get out of here. You think South Carolina fans are hoping they lose to Florida so they can see an sEC team in the title game? NO!

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

I would root for any Big East team to be able to make it to the national championship game, but not at the expense of our own team.  Yes, I'd like to see a BE team go that route, but as it has been said in earlier posts, USF first, everything else thereafter.

The exposure of a win over Louisville a second straight year would be absolutely outrageous.  We get so little respect outside of our own conference, some recognition would not hurt one bit.

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

GO BULLS... Beat Syracuse!   Then worry about kicking UL's ass at the pizza oven ;D

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  125

I am all for the Bulls against everyone.  Although, I do not think it will be an issue.  Louisville is very balanced, we are not exactly road warriors, and they want us bad after last year.   I don't think it will be an issue.  I just hope we play them tough.

• Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  286

Further, even if Louisville does get to the title game and gets smacked by Ohio State/Michigan it would be MUCH worse than the Bulls winning.

If you're rooting against the Bulls because you want a team in the title game get out of here. You think South Carolina fans are hoping they lose to Florida so they can see an sEC team in the title game? NO!

I'm not suggesting, just opining it might be better for Big East's immediate stature and our Bulls in the long run that Louisville sweep and win N.C.

The SEC is not under fire like our Big East is and desperate times sometimes call for desperate measures.  

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  125

Bull

I don't think it will be an issue.  Louisville is really peaking at the right time.  We can root for USF and still not hurt the conference.  I hope that Lousiville kills Rutgers.  We beat Lousivill (not going to happen), Rutgers wins out and we beat WVU

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

I think you've got me with this line.  It may be because of my irrational hatred for Gainesville, the Gators, and thier fans.  Not that i would have been cheering for UL, but I wont have the thought in the back of my head now.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,334

>:(NEVER AND I MEAN NEVER GO AGAINST THE BULLS OF SOUTH FLORIDA >:(

QFT.  I don't think we'll win, but if you're a fan you HAVE to cheer for your team.  Otherwise, you're not a fan.  Screw the BE.  If USF won every game, we'd be fine.