• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What are your thoughts on SYRACUSE?

Guest BasketBull.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,472
  • Days Won:  25

MUTT, exactly what I wanted to say. We have one of "those" games every year and Cincy was it.

It would be great to get up enough to rest most of the starters before the last two games.

GO BULLS!

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,271
  • Days Won:  255

Our fans not taking Cincy seriously obviously cost us that game ::)

No one should underestimate Cuse, some folks did that with Cincy, look what happened there. The crowd needs to be at RayJay, the team needs to play well, we can not afford injuries.  

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Keys for the Bulls:

Offense:  Cuse's run d has been pretty terrible so far this season so running the ball should be a pretty big part of the game plan.  I think this a great game to feed Ponton the ball and get him more in the flow of the offense, not to mention get him ready for UL and WVU.  We need to keep the designed runs for Grothe to an absolute minimun if even use them at all.  Cuse secondary isnt very impressive so we should be able to pass when we need it.  We need to execute and avoid stupid penalties and turning the ball over.  IF we dont turn the ball over i dont see anyreason why cant put up 30+ points.  

Defense:  We have to play with the same fire and intensity that we did last week.  I like the fact that we blitzed snake prolly more then i have saw the rest of the season last week.   The D-line was also played what i feel was their best game of the season controling the LOS and getting good pressure to rattle palko.  We need the front seven to improve on or atleast play as good a game as last week to insure this game is a quality win.  We have had trouble in most games stopping the run but if we can limit the ground attack like we did against pitt it could be a lond day for the cuse offense.  The secondary played the closest to their potential than i have seen all season.  Patterson has only thrown 3 picks all season so if they have a chance to get their hands on the ball they need to capitalize.  

Special Teams:  I liked the wrinkle that CJL installed to keep people honest against the rugby style punting and teachey has nice wheels for a punter.  Kick and punt return game remain a strength of this team and i think we are due to bust one this week.  Someone please make a field goal, pretty please.  

Score

USF-35

Cuse-17

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451
  • Days Won:  0

Sandwich game...gotta guard against the let down.  Has me concerned.  Thank god our Bulls are playing at home this week.  BTW just to put the season into perspective, none of the FootBulls opponents that USF beat have winning records except Pitt & McNeese don't count.  

Cheap Victories:

FIU - Sun Belt cellar dwellar

UCF - CUSA Belt cellar dwellar

UCONN - BE cellar dwellar

UNC - ACC cellar dwellar

Bad Losses:

KU - B12 bottom feeder (maybe not if they can beat KSU at home)

Cincinnatti - Bottom half BE team/ugly offense on national TV road game

ALL I'M SAYING IS 'CUSE IS NOT A DONE DEAL.  FootBulls can not afford to cruise.  If anything they must stomp on the accellerator.  Defense must play to its full potential.

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  1,433

If our team comes out to play, no way we can lose this game.   BUT NO CONFERENCE GAME SHOULD EVER BE UNDERESTIMATED.  Syracuse is capable of a win.  Overconfidence and lack of execution can kill any team especially one as young as USF's is this year.  Let's Go Bulls....this is a must win!  Play like the world depends on it....a Bowl definitely depends on it!

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

You don't take any team you play lightly.  Regardless of Syracuse's standings, on any given day the best team in the country can look like bad if they let down their guard against Syracuse.  I agree that we are supposed to win.  

Weren't we supposed to also win against Cincy?   Didn't we maybe let our guard down during that game?  Nothing is ever sure.

I will be rooting for the BULLS to win and be disappointed if we dont.

GO BULLS!!!!!!!

• Topic Count:  191
  • Content Count:  2,363

We NEED to win this game. As was said beore, if we can't win this, we don't deserve a bowl game. Further, if we should lose that and then beat Louisville and/or WVU, all of what would have been national praise will now be qualified with "...but they lost to Syracuse."

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  125

If we are relying on Grothe to run, we are in trouble.  Not just for this week, but for Louisville and WVU.  Grothe needs to use his receivers and Ponton.  Williams is not an option against Lousiville or WVU.  I hope Grothe learns that he does not have to do it himself.  If he gets hurt, we have no chance against Louisville or WVU.  I think Julmiste can handle Syracuse or I pray he can.

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,466
  • Days Won:  43

Ricky Ponton needs to have a big game to take pressure off of Grothe. Also, Patterson has a strong arm that can be dangereous. This is the finale home game for the seniors, so I know they better be amped up for this game.