• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Texas vs UCF series

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

To be honest, who cares?  USF doesn't take 2 for 1 contracts, and that's the fact, Jack.  So, if they did approach us, we'd have turned it down.  If UCF wants 2 for 1 contracts, then good for them.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  44
  • Days Won:  0

yah i seem to think had this of been tru there would have been an article somewhere..

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

I think that after this whole 4 year debocle we signed with UCF we should offer them a 2-1 or 5-2 or something.  Prove to them that we're better.

• Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  2,484
  • Days Won:  1

we are BCS so I feel it should be we should do straight up deals...no 2 for 1's...I like the A.D.'s thinking

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

I think that after this whole 4 year debocle we signed with UCF we should offer them a 2-1 or 5-2 or something.  Prove to them that we're better.

I've been saying this all along.  If we choose to play UCF, and that's a big if, I would rather not - we don't need a rivalry where we could be pulled down, or where they could see themselves pulling up (we've been over this a million times). Then it has to be either an occasional 2-1 deal or like the 5-2 deal WVU has with Marshall.  Why should this be any different than WVU Marshall.  It shouldn't - same situation.  Marshall wants that game far more than WVU because there is only upside to it - they're not expected to win.

Otherwise forget about that non existent program UCF, it does us no good.  MUch, much bigger fish to fry.  

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  958

exactly

if we win out these next two games against UCF, then the we will have the leverage to offer a 2 for 1 or 5 for 2...but if they win ONCE, it will get to their heads.  They will only sign 1-1's, and we may even get sucked into it because its such a popular game for the fans, players, and especially the students.

i wonder if o'loser is gonna cry to the media this summer about how bad he wants to be USF's rival.

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  821
  • Days Won:  2

Texas vs UCF

That's not a game it's a scrimmage (a light one at that) for the Longhorns.

At least it would have been a game with us. Grothe vs McCoy (Mr. CBS??)

But I agree nothing but 1 for 1's from now on!!!. (unless UCF wants a 5-2, 7-3, 25-6 etc.  Hell, just make it a payday game for them and they can drag their butts over here EVERY year!!!))

• Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  286

Texas came to USF FIRST.  They wanted a 1 for 2 (one here 2 at Texas).  The USF athletic director said home and home or nothing.  

I say good for us, with teams like Auburn, Miami and other BCS schools willing to schedule 1 for 1's we don't need that kind of deal.    

I didn't realize our game with Auburn next season was a 1 for 1.  When are they coming to Tampa?

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  2,276

Texas came to USF FIRST.  They wanted a 1 for 2 (one here 2 at Texas).  The USF athletic director said home and home or nothing.  

I say good for us, with teams like Auburn, Miami and other BCS schools willing to schedule 1 for 1's we don't need that kind of deal.    

I didn't realize our game with Auburn next season was a 1 for 1.  When are they coming to Tampa?

Auburn is not coming to Tampa.

Twilly gets a little carried away sometimes.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

i ftexas asked  and

if usf turned down a game or a 2-1 deal with texas

the person responsible for turning it down needs to be fired

isnt usf trying to play the best teams?