• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Wide Recceivers

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016
  • Days Won:  0

Jamaal Jenkins, Dylan Douglass, and the Cox twins.  We definitely need to land 1-2 more, preferably a great one, looks like we got a good one in Quiton Washington commit, add one more and you've got a pretty deep selection at cornerback.  Hopefully there is another Jenkins and Williams in that bunch.  I think Murphy is a star in the making and possibly Roberts too.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  339
  • Days Won:  0

did jerell young from last year's class end up going JUCO?  I know he was supposed to be pretty good.  I'm not sure how much playing time the cox twins or jamaal jenkins will be getting.  Would love to see us sign 3 CBs this year and hopefully two of them will work out.  Murphy's versatility in the secondary will really help with recruiting safeties vs. CBs.  We can simply go after the better player regardless of position and move murphy around to accomidate.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,734
  • Content Count:  37,593
  • Days Won:  29

I really feel that Mitchell will be in the 2 Deep next season.

Heard a nice description on our WR's during the 'cuse game. "They have enough WR's for a phone book"  ;D

Guest TKBlue(Guest)

Sherman and Mitchell will be competing for PT next year, but look for Sherman to be a little farther along developmentally. But both are VERY good. But Sherman WILL contribute next year. Redshirt Alcin is also in the mix as a smaller, quicker WR.

What are some thoughs of the 2 Deep for 4 WR positions(8 players) next year guys ?

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Taurus Johnson, Marcus Edwards, Amarri Jackson, Amp Hill, Jessie Hester, AJ Love, Jason Sherman, Carlton Hill.

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

Carlton Mitchell not Carlton Hill... although I suppose he too is a possibility.

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

I meant Mitchell.  Sorry.

• 4 weeks later...

From Greg's blog:

Speaking of which, Dawsey had high praise for his redshirting freshmen, led by Carlton Mitchell and Jason Sherman. He said the four freshmen (with Ed Alcin and A.J. Love) will push the returning veterans in the spring, as will sophomore Jessie Hester, who redshirted this season. Dawsey said Hester's redshirting had much to do with wanting to put more weight on his frame, and the year off has helped him put on about 10 pounds, putting him up around 175. Hester has the speed to join Taurus Johnson as the receivers who will take over for the graduating Ean Randolph, with Mitchell and Sherman among the leaders to step in at senior S.J. Green's position.

I think ALL of us would agree (except for maybe an UnSub) that we are in a Great position for WR's.