• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Wide Recceivers

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Just like the RB thread, do we have any shot at Dion Lecorn?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Anyone?

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016
  • Days Won:  0

Nope...not an incredibly awful loss-- Taurus Johnson and Marcus Edwards were better looking receiver prospects coming out of HS.  Lecorn is an athlete.  With Richardson in the fold expect a big receiver to be picked up since we're losing Green and Jackson will be in his last year.  Larry Freeman is high on our list, and Demetrious Byrd, and don't be surprised about Carlton Hill, and don't expect Andrew Harris to be a done deal to WVU.  We might go after a smallish speedy receiver like Jock Sanders (still on him), Lecorn, Taurus Mckinley.

Lecorn seems as good as gone to USC.  I think probably good for USF.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  188

Not a big fan of Lecorn.  Nice kid and all, but he doesnt have that burst off the line.  Thats the first thing coaches look for, explosivness.  I think he's over-hyped and over recruited by a lot of schools.  Put him with a different QB and see what happens.

Josh Newberg

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  254

Nope...not an incredibly awful loss-- Taurus Johnson and Marcus Edwards were better looking receiver prospects coming out of HS.  Lecorn is an athlete.  With Richardson in the fold expect a big receiver to be picked up since we're losing Green and Jackson will be in his last year.  Larry Freeman is high on our list, and Demetrious Byrd, and don't be surprised about Carlton Hill, and don't expect Andrew Harris to be a done deal to WVU.  We might go after a smallish speedy receiver like Jock Sanders (still on him), Lecorn, Taurus Mckinley.

As far as big receivers,  I think we have a couple good ones redshirting in Mitchell and Sherman.   They are both 6'4" and very athletic.

Guest TKBlue(Guest)

You are absolutely correct about our current WRs. We are absolutely loaded at WR and the frosh will have a big impact next year. WR is not a need position so we can be very selective. We already have one commit.

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016

As far as big receivers,  I think we have a couple good ones redshirting in Mitchell and Sherman.   They are both 6'4" and very athletic.

So we hope.  There is enormous potential in Mitchell and Sherman however neither has seen the field much less a full semester of college life.  You certainly don't want to sit back and pray they're the answer.  We've got those two, but expect us to still sign one more big receiver.  On a plus, given we have those two in the fold it allows our staff the comfort of going a bit more aggressively after guys like Byrd, Freeman, or Harris.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  339

Good point bien, about being able to go agressively after the "Big Fish" and not have to worry about it if we can't get them to commit.  I see the same thing happening at LB.  We've already got great depth at both positions and we won't have to settle for "good, but not great" talent.  It would be nice if some of the other positions had this luxury.

Guest S. Bien(Guest)
Good point bien, about being able to go agressively after the "Big Fish" and not have to worry about it if we can't get them to commit.  I see the same thing happening at LB.  We've already got great depth at both positions and we won't have to settle for "good, but not great" talent.  It would be nice if some of the other positions had this luxury.

I think more positions have that then you're giving credit.  Cornerback, safety, and DE come to mind.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  339

I was actually thinking that CB was a position that we were going to have to land at least 2 good ones this year.  Our starters and backups include williams, jenkins, gilliam, and denson- who are all Jrs. this year.  We've got Murphy and Roberts who appear to be great future starters, but who else do we have that can play CB starting in the 2008 season.  I dont' think the coaches want to replace 4 graduating Srs with true freshman.  This would be the year to get some more corners in anticipation of losing the 4 Jrs. after 2007 season.

You can probably fill me in on some of the younger guys (possibly red-shirters).  I know we recruited 2 CBs last year but I think one of them didn't make it on campus and I don't know much about the other one.