• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Is Pitt game one of our most important ever?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

The more I think about it, the more I believe this game is really one of the most important games we have ever played to this point.

If we can win it gives us a lot of credibility with the chance to secure the bowl game next week.  It will finally prove we can win a must win game against a good team.  I also think it is a pivotal game from a psychological standpoint.  If we lose at home, especially in a close game, there is a chance for an emotional let down next week against Syracuse.  I am usually never  negative about this football team, but a loss against Pitt and a let down next week could set up a loss next week and sets us up for a 5-7 season.  With all the expectations and hopes for this team, I think if that occurs this would have to be considered a disastrous season.  Not meaning to be negative, but I'm trying to make the point of how important this game  is to the season and for the national perception/respect of the program.

I still think we have more to gain with a win than we do with a loss because if we win it's all positive.  If we lose, we just stay an obscure program on the national radar.  Most of all, like I mentioned in a different thread, this should be viewed as a launching pad game for the program just as the Louisville loss to Miami a launched the respect of their program a couple of years ago.  Even though they lost on the dropped INT in the end zone, that's when they started to get noticed.  Our circumstances are a bit different, but this one sets the tone for things to come.

• Topic Count:  151
  • Content Count:  2,719
  • Days Won:  0

The more I think about it, the more I believe this game is really one of the most important games we have ever played to this point.

One of our most important games, yes.  I still feel like last year's UCONN game was our most important game because that would have given us a shot at the BE championship.  

And I agree that we need to win this one, not only for the 6 wins, but to be noticed in the BE.  We are still on the radar as far as some conversations go, but this will put back in the thick of things in the BE and we can be done with this 2 game losing streak to Pitt.  We owe them for embarrassing us in our house two years ago.

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  400

We're out of the Big East hunt.. if we had won against Cincy, it would have at least given us a shot at it (a lot of things still would have had to happen, i.e.- RU losing to both UL and WVU, and us winning out)

we are just battling for pride at this point.

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

We're out of the Big East hunt.. if we had won against Cincy, it would have at least given us a shot at it (a lot of things still would have had to happen, i.e.- RU losing to both UL and WVU, and us winning out)

The reason I say it's a launching pad game is I'm looking at the bigger picture than just where we end up this season.  I'm thinking that if we win this week against a good team and then beat Syracuse next week  and can get to a bowl game it starts to set the tone for next year and beyond.  With a win the next two weeks, regardless of what we do against WVU and UL, it gives us some national respect and noteriety going in to next year.  

• Topic Count:  505
  • Content Count:  3,407
  • Days Won:  1

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501

The Pitt game in 2001(?) was much more important for the Bulls.  That game helped launch us and even had some impact on us getting in the BE - maybe not much but some.  

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  400

Pride...Hell they are playing for 750,000 bowl payout... They are playing for me to go to Birmingham bowl... Pride--they should have that everytime they put the uniform on... They are playing for every member of the BULL NATION!

::)

I don't recognize any bowl games outside of the BCS bowls.  all others are just money-makers for bigtime corporations.  especiall considering how many 1-A teams get to go to postseason, the big 4 are the only ones that matter

• Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  505

Pride...Hell they are playing for 750,000 bowl payout... They are playing for me to go to Birmingham bowl... Pride--they should have that everytime they put the uniform on... They are playing for every member of the BULL NATION!

::)

I don't recognize any bowl games outside of the BCS bowls.  all others are just money-makers for bigtime corporations.  especiall considering how many 1-A teams get to go to postseason, the big 4 are the only ones that matter

I'm sure the kids on the team recognized the Bowl game last year.  I'm sure they had a great time, and I'm sure our fans had a great time.  I'm also sure the coaches appreciated the extra practice time making a bowl gives a team.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

that extra month of practice is a great benefit

for me the most important game will be usf v kentucky weslyan but im an old sentimental fool

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  4,642

this is HUGE! this is definitly a must-win, since this will most likely make or break our bowl eligibility