• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

if usf wins out

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,686
  • Days Won:  424

screw the anaylsis

sometimes you just go with piss,sweat and heart

usf has nothing to lose and should be good and loose

all pressure is on their opponents

HOW IS THAT FOR ANALYSIS?

NO AMOUNT OF ANALYSIS  would have picked new your jets to beat colts in 69

sometimes you go with a feeling

there is a month to go and usf hasnt had a good stretch yet

Are you having LSD flashbacks?

I'm not complaining, mind you ....  ;)

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,780
  • Days Won:  3

This is funny.  For once, smazza comes on here with a positive thread and everyone else disagrees with him.  

Just because you're positive...doesn't make you right. 8-)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  31
  • Content Count:  1,297
  • Days Won:  0

If, and IF, USF won out........we would be in the top 25.  Beating two top 10 teams.........and finishing 9-3 would definitely get us in the polls.  We would then become the next rags to riches story and everyone would be expecting us to have a competing program in the BE next year as well.

We should expect to win every week

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  125

Lighten up?  It appears your just looking for a nice circle jerk where we all sing the USF fight song, rather than trying to figure out if they can actually do it.  I want to know what has this team showed this year to warrant even entertaining an "if" for the last 4 games.  

Rather than speculating on fantasy rankings, how about looking at the teams and discussing what USF would have to do to win? Or, is bleeding green and gold on the field enough?  Geez, you want to discuss potential scenarios, but not provide any idea of how to pull it off.

How about USF team speed versus WVUs?

Pitt coming to Tampa after a tough loss.  Will USF's DBs cover Pitts R?

Louisville's D

There are a hundred discussions!  Back up the "if."

By the way, the Jets were a better team in 69 than the Colts, just in a worse league.  They were the underdog only because of public perception.  

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,686
  • Days Won:  424

Lighten up?  It appears your just looking for a nice circle jerk where we all sing the USF fight song, rather than trying to figure out if they can actually do it.  I want to know what has this team showed this year to warrant even entertaining an "if" for the last 4 games.

There have been plenty of threads on here where you can unleash your vast football knowledge. This was just a little circle jerk "What if" thread. Don't be such a ****.  

Rather than speculating on fantasy rankings, how about looking at the teams and discussing what USF would have to do to win? Or, is bleeding green and gold on the field enough?  Geez, you want to discuss potential scenarios, but not provide any idea of how to pull it off.

How about USF team speed versus WVUs?

Pitt coming to Tampa after a tough loss.  Will USF's DBs cover Pitts R?

Louisville's D

There are a hundred discussions!  Back up the "if."

There have been plenty of threads on here where you can unleash your vast football knowledge. This was just a little circle jerk, "What if" thread. Don't be such a ****.

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  4,642

I think we would receive less praise by winning out than would the BE receive scrutiny and downplay on the strength of our conference.  Really, what would people thik if a 5-3 team ran the table on the top teams in the country?  It would look like those top teams are flukes and thus bring down the look of the strength of our conference.  A similar question would be, "What if Ole Miss won out?"  How would people start talking about the SEC?  They would probably start saying that the conference may not be as strong as it was previously thought to be.  Take Auburn for example.  Look how much everyone talked about them after a loss to a lesser team.  We don't want that about our conference especially when people have already been saying it.  It would probably be best for us to have a strong conference this year (WV or UL going against Ohio St. since MI has one of the best run defenses, thus bringing home the NC) and then make a run for it next year, after we have shown the strength of our conference.  As said previously, we don't want to win out after having embarassing losses like Cincy and Kansas along with narrow wins against UCF and such.  All in all, I say we win against Pitt and Cuse and go to a good bowl, and then make a run next year or the year after.

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  314

As quoted from UCFingSUX

"As said previously, we don't want to win out after having embarassing losses like Cincy and Kansas along with narrow wins against UCF and such.  All in all, I say we win against Pitt and Cuse and go to a good bowl, and then make a run next year or the year after."

Nah, I say Bulls first, BE second... if we win against Pitt then Cuse do you think Leavitt's sit back take the last 2 weeks off? Since when do you aim to pack it in ever, let alone against 2 of the best teams in the country. Saying that we dont want to win out, thats madness.

• Topic Count:  191
  • Content Count:  2,363

As quoted from UCFingSUX

"As said previously, we don't want to win out after having embarassing losses like Cincy and Kansas along with narrow wins against UCF and such.  All in all, I say we win against Pitt and Cuse and go to a good bowl, and then make a run next year or the year after."

Nah, I say Bulls first, BE second... if we win against Pitt then Cuse do you think Leavitt's sit back take the last 2 weeks off? Since when do you aim to pack it in ever, let alone against 2 of the best teams in the country. Saying that we dont want to win out, thats madness.

Amen. I look for what's best for the conference and our conference mates ONLY after we get ours first or "ours" is no longer an option. And "ours" doesn't stop being an option until the final buzzer sounds on 11/25 in Mo'town.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501

PEOPLE WOULD BE TALKING ABOUT IT FOR TEN YEARS,  REMEMBER WHEN -    

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  125

There have been plenty of threads on here where you can unleash your vast football knowledge. This was just a little circle jerk "What if" thread. Don't be such a ****.  

Point taken.  I like that "****" reference with circle jerk.  Ok, I'm in.  If USF beat both WVU, Pitt, Syracuse, and Louisville they would be ranked somewhere between 20-25.  Now the bigger "circle jerk" part of the equation is would USF go to the BCS if it happened?

RU would have to lose 2 (can easily lose to WVU and Louisville)

WVU would have to lose 2 (Pitt and USF)

Louisville would have to lose 2 (WVU and USF)

The winner of tonights game needs to be upset and it can't be Rutgers!  Otherwise, it is the International or Birmingham Bowl even if we run the table.  No way Gator takes us.  Funny, Int or Bir or BCS, talk about extremes.